Latest news : SAF Apache heli

Adrianli

strange thing though.....

around that area,

there are plenty of flight paths and height pilot can fly the helicopter.....

sometimes they fly really low leah.....

sometimes fly high high!!!

haha..... [laugh] [laugh]

As i said, dunno, don't talk.

Just STFU and GTFO.

↡ Advertisement

the pilot is good. training has paid off. he should be commended. think he'll be the only one in the force who has such real life experience. he can go tradoc and write cases, conduct talks, etc. he has got the experience to back up the theory.

Wondering any Auto Rotation being done by the pilot.

All Heli pilots are trained with doing auto-rotation because that's the only way to land a heli if total engine failure but at a very controlled environment, usually above 5000ft or above.

But to do it real life is different, 1 mistake and you are dead. That why i say, this pilot must be given a medal for outstanding piloting skill [thumbsup]

the pilot is good. training has paid off. he should be commended. think he'll be the only one in the force who has such real life experience. he can go tradoc and write cases, conduct talks, etc. he has got the experience to back up the theory.

Heard of one pilot flying back his F16 with half wing (of course one side lah) after being crashed by another F16. He was treated like hero once he landed his aircraft safety but was banned from flying F16 forever after the investigation. This was really unfair for him.

Comments Made by DPM Teo on RSAF Apache AH-64 Helicopter Emergency Landing

During Deputy Prime Minister and Minister for Defence Teo Chee Hean's official visit to India, he commented on the helicopter incident which happened on 30 September 2010. The following is the transcript:

"I have been receiving regular updates from Singapore. Our preliminary findings are that a mechanical problem was the cause of the incident. We are conducting investigations together with the manufacturers of the aircraft. Our preliminary findings also show that designated flight routes and emergency procedures were followed and these allowed the pilots to land the aircraft in an open field. Our next steps are to make sure that we do a thorough investigation to find the root cause. We will thoroughly inspect our Apaches and Seahawks before any decision is made to resume flying of these aircraft."

http://www.mindef.gov.sg/imindef/news_and_...01oct10_nr.html

Very official statement i.e. not telling you much [confused]

Then again at so initial a stage, they cannot say much else later another Orchard-Rd-Stamford-Canal-die-die-not-choked-but-later-found-so-type of explanation haunt them later.

Gota wait for the investigation findings after BOI, provided they will disclose it to the public.

Technically they need not publish the outcome as no aviators were hurt, no property was damaged & no members of the public was affected. And they may claim all damages fully borne by the manufacturer.

Edited by Vulcann

...and get a medal in the 2011 SAF Day? :D

Just kidding!

Full agree he did a excellent job of landing his chopper safely thereby saving himself & his partner & without inconveniencing anyone or damaging any property, other than the chopper itself.

Edited by Vulcann

Heard of one pilot flying back his F16 with half wing (of course one side lah) after being crashed by another F16. He was treated like hero once he landed his aircraft safety but was banned from flying F16 forever after the investigation. This was really unfair for him.

Could be that the pilot made a judgement error which caused the collision?

If that's the case then his flying days would be over....

Supercharged

As i said, dunno, don't talk.

Just STFU and GTFO.

don't bother with the si ginnah, just:

"My Controls" -> "Manage Ignored Users" -> "Add a new user to your list"

Nope, there was one ret-maj during his younger days, he belly land a (should be) hunter at PLAB as the undercarriage cannot be lowered.

He's one of the legendary top gun then. [laugh]

Its a F15. But I see it as the kind of technology inside the aircraft that able to keep it in the air.

Here is the video :

Its a F15. But I see it as the kind of technology inside the aircraft that able to keep it in the air.

Here is the video :

Bro, you car also can, served in navy & know so much about both fixed & rotary wing assets [thumbsup][thumbsup] [thumbsup]

Guess we have ourselves in MCF a full-blooded SEAL [laugh][laugh][laugh]

Edited by Vulcann

Nope - helicopters don't float very well...hahah

And the impact of smashing down on water is almost as hard as concrete (Mythbusters tried that)...

Best is still go for a "soft" landing on grass

Local talent can only think of carpet grass on Golf Course

they also say the skills needed to fly a helicopter is much higher compared to a fighter.....haha..... [laugh]

Please educate yourself

A helicopter is harder to fly because its design is inherently unstable...

Tell me where in nature do you have a creature that flies like a helicopter?

And until you have flown a plane, please also do not dish the pilot

Have you ever tried control movement along in three axis?

Please educate yourself

A helicopter is harder to fly because its design is inherently unstable...

Tell me where in nature do you have a creature that flies like a helicopter?

And until you have flown a plane, please also do not dish the pilot

Have you ever tried control movement along in three axis?

How can this be compare to control wife and MIL staying under the same roof?

Nope, there was one ret-maj during his younger days, he belly land a (should be) hunter at PLAB as the undercarriage cannot be lowered.

He's one of the legendary top gun then. [laugh]

yup...another at Tengah.....he becum hero

yup...another at Tengah.....he becum hero

He's an instructor at SYFC now right?

Very old man already haha.

↡ Advertisement