Is my car Suspension Spoil ?

Whywhy68

mine is a 2nd hand car so dono abt the previous owner .. but whenever i sit inside the car or ppl sit at the back seat of the car.. jus after they sat down or got off the car , it will have a "tek" sound ..

does that mean my suspension is spoil ?

can it be repair ? how much it cost ?

↡ Advertisement

mine is a 2nd hand car so dono abt the previous owner .. but whenever i sit inside the car or ppl sit at the back seat of the car.. jus after they sat down or got off the car , it will have a "tek" sound ..

Usually the spring still in order, but the shock-absorbers may be worn and needs replacement (few hundreds for Sunny)

If the car sounds like a Myvi when you drive over rough surface, it can be worn shock-absorbers (my Myvi sounds like that)

You may want to try press down each corner of car and release. If car bounced a lot, the shock-absorbers worn. Can get Mechanic to check for you

Some cars so light that shock-absorbers not worn after ten years usage. Some worn out fast

Neutral Newbie

Usually the spring still in order, but the shock-absorbers may be worn and needs replacement (few hundreds for Sunny)

If the car sounds like a Myvi when you drive over rough surface, it can be worn shock-absorbers (my Myvi sounds like that)

You may want to try press down each corner of car and release. If car bounced a lot, the shock-absorbers worn. Can get Mechanic to check for you

Some cars so light that shock-absorbers not worn after ten years usage. Some worn out fast

any workshop to check this issue for Free ?

roughly how much it cost to change a Vios suspension like this...

i had same prob too... went for check mech told me might be due to handbrake on after we parked... cos it's 2nd hand car... tried disengaging handbrake n e sound go away...

of course, only try only... juz to find out e cause... still parked with handbrake on la...

maybe u can try....

any workshop to check this issue for Free ?

roughly how much it cost to change a Vios suspension like this...

Replaced worn shock-absorbers for Nissan Sunny at RDY Autocare (2nd Storey) for about $600/- if I recall correctly. Best replace the rubber bushes together, then have all wheel alignment checked/calibrated at tyre shop below

Go to a workshop.....very hard to diagnose "Tek" sound, can be anything...seat...rubber bushing...join or other loose part etc etc...

There are a number of possible scenarios.

Best is to go down to a reliable workshop and get it checked. :D