Spraying of brake calipers

Enforcer533

Twincharged

i have DIY mine b4 .... a 8 years back when it was a fad.

bought normal spray paint (most hobbyist rec hi-temp paint), removed the wheels and cover the other parts with newspapers and masking tape and then just spray.

no issues with "functionability" after the spray job.

but if you are worried, maybe just go for the caliper covers instead. nicer also.

painted stock caliper may look nice from afar, but when look closer really look quite "cheap" lor ......

Twincharged

actually, i did it twice.

first time was with the caliper on the car, never remove. Just washed it clean and then spray. as long as it's clean and dry when you spray, the paint will not flake. but can only spray where its accessible.

2nd time was when i bought a used brake set from another person .... since the set was taken out already, i washed them and then sprayed them all over b4 bringing them to a mech to have them swapped from my stock calipers.

isn't it more convenient to get those caliper covers? but must at least 16" to clear, i heard.

That owuld be a good idea. Then you can show everyone you have Brembo/Endless BBKs! Excellent ricer!!

Neutral Newbie

That owuld be a good idea. Then you can show everyone you have Brembo/Endless BBKs! Excellent ricer!!

Those caliper cover are very obvious. Getting them on the ride is like carrying a obviously fake "LY" handbag, I'd rather settle for a coach at a much cheaper price with it's own uniqueness. [laugh]

Just my 2 cents worth.

Anyway, I would like to ride on TS thread to get some lobang for my "coach handbag"(Brake caliper spraying svc at workshop) too! Anyone have any contacts and care to roughly share the price of spraying the 4 brake calipers(2 front 2 back)?