Recommended workshop to change wheel bearings

Limws1

Sorry to revive this thread again. Was quoted very high to change 2 wheel bearings by Nissan, buay ta han. Driving a cefiro 230JM.

Can intro a good workshop that charges reasonable price?

Can also email me @ [email protected]

Thank you.

↡ Advertisement

Hi, just for sharing..

Am driving Altis, realized one of my front wheels has `wong wong' sound, went to my office

nearby 2 stockists to check wheel bearing...quoted $38 NSK bearing (available only next monday),

$35 for Naichi bearing (Made in Japan). Bought Naichi lor.

Both the above 2 stockists are located next to each other, so price quoted is rather competitive;

no worry of being `chop carrot-head'. Their location is blk 20 Woodlands East Ind estate.

tel are 67562321 & 67592292 respectively. Do check it out ourselves for other makes...

Hope the above info help. :D

• Praise 1

Almost all car shop work more than 8 hrs full day everyday and on saturday except AD, and this has in a way discourage many young people from jointing this trade.

If any shop wants to operate on Sunday, I believe the only person working will be the boss himself unless he is willing to compensate the mechanic with double pay and with many goodwills. So the extra costs of operation will be passed to the car owners in the from of higher charges. In short any form of convenient is cost and therefore somebody will have to pay for it. In reality there is no free lunch !! You just have to find the time or pay for it.

Edited by Yeobh
  • Praise 1

anyone change front wheel bearing for vios ncp93 ? any idea how much with labour ?

previously done for rear wheel bearing at $300 ++ around 100k mileage .. 

Neutral Newbie

300 for one wheel bearing, my front bearing only $50 plus labour.

You mean front wheel bearing total $600 for 1 pair ? Total with labour $650 ? Wow oh Gosh that's expensive ... did not know front wheel bearing is expensive to change

Thanks for sharing the info

Hi all, need your opinions.

My current ride left 10mth before scrap. 

Humming noise from the front passenger side, suspect is wheel bearing. 

I got a quote from WS, $160 include labor. 

Subaru Impreza 2008 model. Is it worth changing coz left with 10mths left?

Thank You 

Hi all, need your opinions.

My current ride left 10mth before scrap. 

Humming noise from the front passenger side, suspect is wheel bearing. 

I got a quote from WS, $160 include labor. 

Subaru Impreza 2008 model. Is it worth changing coz left with 10mths left?

Thank You 

I would say change. You wont be able to tahan the noise for 10 months, and it does get worse. 

In addition, not sure what else in your car may be affected by the expiring wheel bearings.

• Praise 2

Change lah.. Divide by 10mths,only $16 a month.. Bad bearing will cause uneven wear of tyre and slight increase in FC..

Change lah.. Divide by 10mths,only $16 a month.. Bad bearing will cause uneven wear of tyre and slight increase in FC..

I would say change. You wont be able to tahan the noise for 10 months, and it does get worse. 

In addition, not sure what else in your car may be affected by the expiring wheel bearings.

Ok noted, thanks for the advice.  [thumbsup]

Ok thanks 

Neutral Newbie

sorry to off track abit as I cant post a question until I hit 10 post.

When every sharp turn or cornering, I can hear a sound coming from the car...something like a whoooo sound.....not loud but can hear type.

I'm wonder if it is the wheel bearing coz when I brought to car workshop they say vehicle off balance so I sent in for balancing but the sound is still there. Especially when turning right. Anyone has any past experience on such? Vehicle is only about 2 years old.

Neutral Newbie

ATTENTION TO ALL CAR OWNERS!!!

BEWARE of 2277 BRANDZ workshop!!!

The staff is abit cocky right from the start.

Also tried to price high for my car parts to replace. I compared it with other workshop and I was shocked to found out that it was 100%+ higher priced. I was told to go for the other workshop by the staff when I try negotiated for a fairer price. I was so disappointed by their service and will not go back anymore. Not in my lifetime!