Seriously, Whats the Big Deal About Caltex Platinum?

Mini-itx

Back then, I remember Caltex sells their PLatinum fuel at regular 98 prices. But now it cost alot more than other brand's 98 petrol. I wonder whats the big deal about the petrol? Whats so good about it?

Btw, I am still pumping it right now solely because of the SAFRA 6% discount. I can't pump any other Caltex petrol because I need RON98.

Btw, I am a farking poor peasant who don't even have a CC. Thus no petrol discount for me. SAFRA is my only discount....

Edited by Mini-itx
↡ Advertisement

Back then, I remember Caltex sells their PLatinum fuel at regular 98 prices. But now it cost alot more than other brand's 98 petrol. I wonder whats the big deal about the petrol? Whats so good about it?

Btw, I am still pumping it right now solely because of the SAFRA 6% discount. I can't pump any other Caltex petrol because I need RON98.

Btw, I am a farking poor peasant who don't even have a CC. Thus no petrol discount for me. SAFRA is my only discount....

calxten 98 is recommended for performance car by alot of work shop.

so maybe thier marketing done well?

The previous Gold ( ron 98 ) is now marketed as Silver. So pump silver becos u are getting Ron 98 for Ron 95 price.

The previous Gold ( ron 98 ) is now marketed as Silver. So pump silver becos u are getting Ron 98 for Ron 95 price.

How do you know this? From petrolwatch, they don't seem to have a regular 98...

No, the silver is actually RON95 petrol and not 98, thus I can't pump silver.

92 is the REgular

95 is the Premium silver

98 is the Platinum

There are 4 petrol companies for you to choose from, if you not happy. Go to another lor....

If you really so farking poor, don't drive

I am poor too..can only afford to pump RON 92 from caltex..luckily my ride seems to like it very much so no complaints...

What car do you drive that can only use RON 98?

go sign up SPC card.. the more u pump, the more % discount u have..

and couple it with a DBS/Posb Debit card and u will have additional discount also.. think can easily hit 11% if u pump more than S$300 in a month..

go sign up SPC card.. the more u pump, the more % discount u have..

and couple it with a DBS/Posb Debit card and u will have additional discount also.. think can easily hit 11% if u pump more than S$300 in a month..

SPC gives 11%? Same as Caltex lor. [rolleyes] But i heard SPC gives more than 11%? [:/]

Are you hishercar's brother??

I am poor too..can only afford to pump RON 92 from caltex..luckily my ride seems to like it very much so no complaints...

What car do you drive that can only use RON 98?

ITs a stupid Toyota car.......Need RON98 to run else may detonate..... I wouldn't want to risk my engine.

ITs a stupid Toyota car.......Need RON98 to run else may detonate..... I wouldn't want to risk my engine.

Whiich stupid Toyota car model need RON98 to run? [:/] Tot RON95 is gd enough for most cars?! [rolleyes]

Whiich stupid Toyota car model need RON98 to run? [:/] Tot RON95 is gd enough for most cars?! [rolleyes]

Well, ask Toyota for designing such lousy car and lousy engine. Thats why need RON98 petrol. Well designed ones can run on 95 or even 92!

Well, ask Toyota for designing such lousy car and lousy engine. Thats why need RON98 petrol. Well designed ones can run on 95 or even 92!

Dun think all Toyota car needs RON98, right?! [:/]

The only toyota cars that need such a high RON are probably the Celica or the MRS.. you driving either of those?

Cars that need Ron98 are just more highly tuned. Most cars with aftermarket ECU upgrade will also need Ron98. Which Toyota model are you driving?