All the best to parents of PSLE candidates

Jman888

Ya!  Mine also!  She answers  back when we scold her.  Talk to us like we owe her $ like that.  I really dun know how to discipline her.  Never use hp like will die like that.  Keep liking her friends posts in snap chat and instragram.  I really dun understand.

My friend's son beat her back when she hit him.  End up both fighting.  

My neighbour took her daughter's hp from her and she hit my neighbour, same both of them hitting each other.

I just bought a 200$ xiaomi hp for my daughter (22 months old)  [lipsrsealed]

Edited by Kusje
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Lol for her to play her games? you don't have enough handme down phones?

Not games. She likes to watch nursery rhyme videos on youtube.

Nope, I don't have any handme downs but her phone is locked and only my wife and I can unlock it  [sly]

Not games. She likes to watch nursery rhyme videos on youtube.

Nope, I don't have any handme downs but her phone is locked and only my wife and I can unlock it  [sly]

my children like to do that too. but what i do is that we connect the phone to speakers and just play it during the daytime.

they only get to watch it once a week or when they are sick and resting in bed.

they don't lose any enjoyment from not watching the video. u can think of it as training for listening comprehension  [laugh]

I just bought a 200$ xiaomi hp for my daughter (22 months old)  [lipsrsealed]

22 months old you bought her a hp?  Is it good to expose to radiation at such a young age? 

Aiyo!  Your daughter is 22 months only - must be very cute!  :wub:

Let her watch Barney.  They speak good English.

My daughter loves to watch Barney and Hi-5 when she was young, she can sit to the sofa and watch the whole day.  While my son doesn't like when he was young.  He loves jumping and climbing.  LOL

Edited by Dleodleo
  • Praise 1

My P6 son do not have a mobile phone and his teachers applause him for that-apparently his class went through an investigation due to spreading some malicious news about a certain teacher via their class group Whatssap.

Parents have to set good example and spend times with kids, if you think all kids are like that due to society, peers influence, and this give you self assurance that it's normal, then you can continue and rant and rant which doesn't improve the situation. Your own flesh and blood, we got to go into action 24/7. Hehe.

My daughter also didn't have hp when she was in P6.  She told us that everyone in her class had hp except her and a classmate.  We told her if she go express she will get  a HP.

We really regret getting her a HP after her PSLE and didn't control her usage.  When you get your son a hp next year.  Please set rules on his usage.

• Praise 2

My daughter also didn't have hp when she was in P6. She told us that everyone in her class had hp except her and a classmate. We told her if she go express she will get a HP.

We really regret getting her a HP after her PSLE and didn't control her usage. When you get your son a hp next year. Please set rules on his usage.

hard lah, adult should set a good example but we adults some time also cannot control ourselves.

so many accidents or death of children in other countries due to negligence of parents glued to the phone.

• Praise 1

its how we raise them......grow strawberries will get strawberries grow durian will get durian! The old tried and tested method is always the best not the current coddling and moddling method!

if everyone grow strawberries you think you can grow durian meh, at most you grow a blueberry, still a berry hor.  [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

Edited by Tianmo

my 4 year old accidentally used siri to call 999 while phone was locked

he activated siri and then said "help! help!".  siri asked if user was ok but he continued to say "help!"

after a while, siri dialed 999 with a countdown timer

luckily managed to turn off the call before it got through

[sweatdrop]

• Praise 3

my 4 year old accidentally used siri to call 999 while phone was locked

he activated siri and then said "help! help!". siri asked if user was ok but he continued to say "help!"

after a while, siri dialed 999 with a countdown timer

luckily managed to turn off the call before it got through

[sweatdrop]

hmm...... there must be a reason for your kid calling for help in the first place [rolleyes] [rolleyes]

I also thought so, but it seems like with the current gen, there are lots of external influence and our old methods might not always work... My neighbour last time told me that his kids even tell him cannot anyhow go into their rooms and to respect their privacy, and talk about human rights lah... 

dunno to laugh or cry...

my children's classmates love to come my place, they always comment that this father is like a buddy more than a father, they always regard me as one of them and can sit down and talk with me. We even discuss about their teachers and the DM.  [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

• Praise 1

hmm...... there must be a reason for your kid calling for help in the first place [rolleyes] [rolleyes]

haha...he wanted siri to help him search for something on internet mah

:D

last time it is quite common to hear this from parents 生一片叉烧好过生你,叉烧还可以吃,  or a variation of it. if you tell this to your young kids now, now sure what will be their reaction.

那你把我吃掉啦! [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

i think we all get rebellious at that stage lah. So i think just have to give and take.

Just set down a few Core/unbreakable type of rules (no drugs/no drinking/no smoking etc etc) then let them to discover their own path bah.

Handphone i will probably restrict use at home to certain hours only  [laugh]

given my girls stubbornness, i worried i next time will get heart attack haha

At one stage, I off the wifi at 12am, disconnect the plug and keep the router, fix back at 6am next morning. If phone data blow thats it, they live without data for the rest of the month.

But my kids are alright, because i was very strict when they were very young, so old method when they were young, after they turn 10 i use the " you grow up liao, daddy respect you and wont cane you anymore, anything lets talk" method.  [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

if everyone grow strawberries you think you can grow durian meh, at most you grow a blueberry, still a berry hor. [laugh][laugh][laugh]

aiyoh...hypothethic lar! Taking 2 extreme example mar! One soft soft inside and soft inside and the other rough and prickly but soft inside.......like me like that......wakakaka.

i think we all get rebellious at that stage lah. So i think just have to give and take.

Just set down a few Core/unbreakable type of rules (no drugs/no drinking/no smoking etc etc) then let them to discover their own path bah.

Handphone i will probably restrict use at home to certain hours only [laugh]

given my girls stubbornness, i worried i next time will get heart attack haha

you doctor....can give self cpr.....so no worries.....