All the best to parents of PSLE candidates

Jman888

How old is your daughter? Mine is 12 and very different from my boy. The boy is much more easier but the girl is very temperamental. At 10 i started to joke with her differently, no more cuddly cuddly but more on verbal banter and started to be a bit fierce. At primary 4 i told her to let me carry and kiss her cheek for the last time as i did the same with her brother. She asked me why the last time......told her that she will get her answer in a few yrs time.....

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4

My girl is going to be 14 this year. She's also much worse than the younger brother, and we had a real problem last year when she first entered sec sch... i hope she's over that phase for good, and will grow up and mature from now on. Also hope that my son doesn't need to go through the same phase - although he's starting to show his temper and throw more tantrums this year...

Talking of handphone, and extending to wifi... a colleague told me recently that her Starhub broadband is very good. There is a program for the router, to allow the administrator to select connected devices to be blocked from wifi signal. She said she just found out about this when she upgraded to fibre only recently. She uses it to block the kids' wifi once time's up.

I wonder whether SingTel and M1 have the same...

it is a setting from the router not telco, i knew of the feature but when i ask my wife should we block her phone, my wife answer was "if you want to block, block everyone after 8pm (after dinner do homework) so that no one is allow to use it. That time kids phone no data, our only like 2GB so dare not use it at home.

Teenage now always want to compare and things must be fair.

Coincidentally Yahoo! HK has a topic on this today.

my 4 year old accidentally used siri to call 999 while phone was locked

he activated siri and then said "help! help!". siri asked if user was ok but he continued to say "help!"

after a while, siri dialed 999 with a countdown timer

luckily managed to turn off the call before it got through

[sweatdrop]

Got to try this later!!!

My girl is going to be 14 this year. She's also much worse than the younger brother, and we had a real problem last year when she first entered sec sch... i hope she's over that phase for good, and will grow up and mature from now on. Also hope that my son doesn't need to go through the same phase - although he's starting to show his temper and throw more tantrums this year...

Talking of handphone, and extending to wifi... a colleague told me recently that her Starhub broadband is very good. There is a program for the router, to allow the administrator to select connected devices to be blocked from wifi signal. She said she just found out about this when she upgraded to fibre only recently. She uses it to block the kids' wifi once time's up.

I wonder whether SingTel and M1 have the same...

wah lao... sounds like MMA on home ground [laugh]

That's the problem with today's kids. If this was 35 yr ago during my time, my mother will prob cane me till the can snapped... but now cannot anyhow discipline, which means the kids grow bolder, and got human rights, cannot really discipline. And worst still, if they are emotionally hurt, then got suicidal thoughts, etc.

And if take the easy way out and dun discipline, they will almost certainly get from bad to worse, and there could be bigger problems ahead...

sec 1 and 2 for girls will the age of self-discovery! Can be confusing for both parenta and child. For boys will be sec 3.....we called it the long pants syndrome....want to act mature and be abang abang but still childish!
  • Praise 1

That's the problem with today's kids. If this was 35 yr ago during my time, my mother will prob cane me till the can snapped... but now cannot anyhow discipline, which means the kids grow bolder, and got human rights, cannot really discipline. And worst still, if they are emotionally hurt, then got suicidal thoughts, etc.

And if take the easy way out and dun discipline, they will almost certainly get from bad to worse, and there could be bigger problems ahead...

Why cannot discipline?

I gave my daughter a slap the other day (quite hard I think). 

But the problem is that instead of crying or learning, she started slapping herself...

Why cannot discipline?

But the problem is that instead of crying or learning, she started slapping herself...

bro.......an advice from a friend decades ago when i was not a father yet. Never slap a child's face no matter how soft it maybe.

A man's hand is bone less muscle and flesh. That slap may actually cause serious injury to a child and worse if its a girl

A child will always remember a slap even until they are old. Trust me as i still remember mine

It is better to use a cane ( normal size) and use it as a last resort and never on the body area.

Not saying i good lar but that advice from a friend is as good as it comes....as slapping the face may cause psychological scars that will take a long time to heal. It may also result in the child having low self-esteem and confidence.

• Praise 1

he activated siri and then said "help! help!". siri asked if user was ok but he continued to say "help!"

[sweatdrop]

My son dialled 999 few times and quickly hung up when they picked the call. He was 5 years old then.

After that the police called and asked if everything was alright. I knew wat happened immediately cos I saw my son playing with the phone earlier. I scolded him after tbat.

I received a warning letter from the police few days later.

Why cannot discipline?

Oooh ....... could be serious. Better not do again.

sec 1 and 2 for girls will the age of self-discovery! Can be confusing for both parenta and child. For boys will be sec 3.....we called it the long pants syndrome....want to act mature and be abang abang but still childish!ððð These are the phase where they normally get into trouble. Lucky for me my son seems to grew at a slower rate and when he woke up he was already in poly.....ððð. Got 1 time in sec 3 a girl was interested in him and asked what is his favourite food....he innocently answered......ask my mom.....ððð

most router except for those 30 dollar ones has this function lah.

haha now u guys then know ar.

bro.......an advice from a friend decades ago when i was not a father yet. Never slap a child's face no matter how soft it maybe.

A man's hand is bone less muscle and flesh. That slap may actually cause serious injury to a child and worse if its a girl

A child will always remember a slap even until they are old. Trust me as i still remember mine

It is better to use a cane ( normal size) and use it as a last resort and never on the body area.

Not saying i good lar but that advice from a friend is as good as it comes....as slapping the face may cause psychological scars that will take a long time to heal. It may also result in the child having low self-esteem and confidence.

i now slap the hand (yes can be quite hard). If both fight/get into shoving match, both get slapped.

If one bite/scratch/push the other one, then only 1 get slapped on the hand.

I have lightly slapped the face of the older one before when i really lost it. Now try not to do so.

Cane gave my older one some scars so we stopped after it broke at the age of 2+. She was really terrible between age of 1 plus to  3. So far i haven't heard of anyone who can match her in terms of stubbornness. 

At one stage, I off the wifi at 12am, disconnect the plug and keep the router, fix back at 6am next morning. If phone data blow thats it, they live without data for the rest of the month.

But my kids are alright, because i was very strict when they were very young, so old method when they were young, after they turn 10 i use the " you grow up liao, daddy respect you and wont cane you anymore, anything lets talk" method. [laugh][laugh][laugh]

I don't believe..

Maybe it's 我是天魔,you don't listen to me I'll possess all your friends and make them call Jman

• Praise 2

i now slap the hand (yes can be quite hard). If both fight/get into shoving match, both get slapped.

If one bite/scratch/push the other one, then only 1 get slapped on the hand.

I have lightly slapped the face of the older one before when i really lost it. Now try not to do so.

Cane gave my older one some scars so we stopped after it broke at the age of 2+. She was really terrible between age of 1 plus to 3. So far i haven't heard of anyone who can match her in terms of stubbornness.

i caned my son once when he was in p1 or 2. He didnt a friend's son playing his toys and i think he used something to hit the boy who was smaller. One stroke and he had fever the next day.

Fir you to break a cane that would be quite hard! When my son was younger and misbehaved i would usually take out my leather belt fold it into two and snap the two piece together. Then i asked him whether he wants that sound to come from his backside.......a few snap and he would quieten down. The girl is a bit different......always quarelling with the mum....some says its because they look the same at the same age and i only interfere when she becomes rude. But there was once last yr i took her iphone and threw it at the window. lucky it hit the curtain and bounced inside....

i caned my son once when he was in p1 or 2. He didnt a friend's son playing his toys and i think he used something to hit the boy who was smaller. One stroke and he had fever the next day.

Fir you to break a cane that would be quite hard! When my son was younger and misbehaved i would usually take out my leather belt fold it into two and snap the two piece together. Then i asked him whether he wants that sound to come from his backside.......a few snap and he would quieten down. The girl is a bit different......always quarelling with the mum....some says its because they look the same at the same age and i only interfere when she becomes rude. But there was once last yr i took her iphone and threw it at the window. lucky it hit the curtain and bounced inside....

Edited by Lala81
  • Praise 1

[sweatdrop]

Wah...kekeke...your son so cute de n the iphone very smart, good for emergency

• Praise 2

The cane slowly split apart lah. Nowadays the cane very lousy one.

My wife overused it once or twice when she also lost it.

Then we decided no more caning. Cos her leg skin got some marks after that even though we didn't really whallop her or what.

ya.....things nowadays dont last long.....but its good that the cane broke first rather than the relationship. Sometime anger gets in control of us....we are only human. I still have a scar i got from a belt buckle when i was in sec 3. It was our mistake though.
  • Praise 2

The actual papers starts today...

All the BEST to the PSLE kiddos & their parents in support! Don't be stress out & just try your best!!!

talking about kiasiness...my daughter had to report to school at 0700. She told me the teacher told the whole class to report early.....english paper started at 0815.......1 hr 15 minutes to make them more anxious and worried!
↡ Advertisement