My Chao Peasant Nology Silver Plugs Review

Mini-itx

OK, I have decide to try out the plugs and see all the "performance claims" myself.

Bought a set of it and install into my car. Previously using Denso IK24.

Initial impression is, well engine felt smoother which is pretty much in tune with what happens when you install a new set of plugs (My Denso plugs are around 1000KM old only).

There is definitely a little more power at low RPM (between 1-2K RPM) compared to the Denso plugs. Its not surprising since there is no 5K ohms resistor to suck power.

The difference gets more pronounced when I turned on the AC. There is less vibration at low RPM esp. when dragging the engine.

Overall, there is some improvement but not much. I don't know if it worth the extra premium over the Iridium plugs. I will have to monitor the FC and see what happens. Right now I am hovering at a very steady 7.5KM/L. I pump once a week and my daily routes and even traffic lights timing are very fix. So, I can monitor my FC very accurately.

One thing I didn't do is to measure the gap. My Denso are using 0.8mm gap. I will have to take out to measure it at some point of time.

One side effect I did notice is my tachometer gets a little erractic. It may jump a little during idle. As expected, plugs w/o resistor will produce more noise and my tacho signal is wired directly to the -ve terminal on my ignition coil. I do have a variable resistor attached to it, will have to adjust to compensate for the noise.

At least the plugs didn't seems to affect my Vipec ECU which could result in erratic A/F ratio or misfiring etc. Hopeully, it stays that way in the long run.

I have yet to try high RPM to see if it runs well.

Thats all for my initial review of the Nology plugs. If you also using the same plugs or some other plugs, just post your experience here

↡ Advertisement

Ot a bit,

i see that there are Pulse plugs that are in the market...are they good?

I have tried them. Nope. They hardly make any difference. However, the new models uses fine iridium tip now so I don't know it will make any difference.

Have tried Nology before but they didn't do nothing to improve the performance of my ride. In fact, they got clogged up with black soot pretty soon after installation...

Have tried Nology before but they didn't do nothing to improve the performance of my ride. In fact, they got clogged up with black soot pretty soon after installation...

thats cos yr rides AFR is already too rich to begin with

Hahaha! Yah. How ah? Tuning so ex... [:(]

Just install a piggy back and get someone to tune up your engine. Unichip is relatviely cheap and available everywhere.

Just install a piggy back and get someone to tune up your engine. Unichip is relatviely cheap and available everywhere.

Sadly, mine cannot. You see, my engine's managed by a Motec M400 standalone. Tuning for that's very expensive [bigcry]

Sadly, mine cannot. You see, my engine's managed by a Motec M400 standalone. Tuning for that's very expensive [bigcry]

Oh Motec. I was using an Autronic SM4. Now change to Vipec.

Ot a bit,

i see that there are Pulse plugs that are in the market...are they good?

Use established brands like Denso or NGK.

Else, use back stock plugs. [thumbsup]

Oh Motec. I was using an Autronic SM4. Now change to Vipec.

Am actually planning to sell off the Motec and get something a little less complicated but nonetheless effective like the Apexi PowerFC, or Greddy e-manage. Think these systems are more manageble and less expensive to tune...

↡ Advertisement