Why directasia car insurance so cheap?

Agentwilson

Hypersonic

Anybody interested to use Pay as You Drive model?

if you are those unker driver type, premium might be even lower.

Is T&C the same?

For me, it is more expensive when i adjust it to the same T&C.

Both are comprehensive, that's all I remembered...haha.

Excess and windscreen damage forgot liao.

Anyway, as I said there are people looking for the cheapest insurance to renew road tax and one of them is me. Since DA offered it so I took it.

↡ Advertisement

Both are comprehensive, that's all I remembered...haha.

Excess and windscreen damage forgot liao.

Anyway, as I said there are people looking for the cheapest insurance to renew road tax and one of them is me. Since DA offered it so I took it.

W/o looking at the details of T&C, it will not be a like for like comparison.

My advice is to look at the T&C of your policy and make sure it is not breach.

Turbocharged

I just have a very simple question, perhaps almost a naive one.

What, exactly, does it matter to the insurer *how* the car is being used, e.g. personal vs commuting vs business usage provided the other salient details such as: a) make/model of car, b) driver, c) mileage/frequency of usage etc. have been truthfully declared?

Does a business policy allow claim for loss or damage of commercial goods in the event of an accident, theft or fire?

If not, what does it really matter?

And even that rationale doesn't affect the "commuting" part. What does it matter if a person takes his car to a work related off-site meeting (without carrying any goods/samples)?

It sounds to me like just so much obfuscation.

if I'm not wrong the justification is a vehicle used in the course of work is expected to be driven more frequently - e.g. if you are salesman you are driving to meet clients often. The more you are driving around the more frequently you are on the road and so the more liable you are to meet an accident which results in insurance claim.

Neutral Newbie

This thread if for people to discuss about DA; some may say good things, some may come in to vent their angers, like me one year ago. Having an official DA agent to troll this thread just seems like a very defensive move. For sure, it'll tick off people like me. Whatever you say, feels like excuses, rather than explanation. Stay away!

By all means, read and observe. And if you want to engage in the conversation, either contact the individual directly, or please create an official thread like "Official QA with DA", "Ask DA away!", etc.

Not here.

• Dislike 1

This thread if for people to discuss about DA; some may say good things, some may come in to vent their angers, like me one year ago. Having an official DA agent to troll this thread just seems like a very defensive move. For sure, it'll tick off people like me. Whatever you say, feels like excuses, rather than explanation. Stay away!

By all means, read and observe. And if you want to engage in the conversation, either contact the individual directly, or please create an official thread like "Official QA with DA", "Ask DA away!", etc.

Not here.

We've been here for a couple years and usually only reply to direct questions from customers. If everyone generally doesn't want us here, can go. But generally it seems like people expect us here to answer and like that we do.

Community?

Tried to contact the customer service but always put on the phone machine loop.

My question is, would the printed certificate of the insurance downloaded from the account suffice for car ownership transfer at LTA or must I wait for the original hardcopy?

Anyone feel free to chip in.

• Praise 1

Lta able to see the insurance in their system if car insurance already activated for few days.

If newly activated, lta not able to see and u must bring along a printed copy. That's my recent experience when I Renew roadtax

Edited by Mcf777
  • Praise 2

I am happy to pay a premium even few hundreds more as peace of mind is priceless.

last thing I need is to have an insurance company try to void my insurance or not pay up at the point when I need it most. [laugh]

• Praise 1

My advice is not to buy insurance plan online, e..g., Direct Asia.

I have a very bad experience recently with them. I got mine policy last year and I did not name my son as a named driver as that time he has not got his driving licence. When he got his driving on Jun 2015, I forgot to add him and that comes the nightmare when a taxi hit my car when it was driven by my son on the National day.

Direct Asia straight away wrote me to repudiate the policy and not even cover the 3rd party (reason stated by them is that my son is young, below 30 yr, and inexperience). That means, the insurance policy i bought is equivalent to never bought even though I bought the comprehensive plan. The taxi is claiming for about $20,000 for medical, lost of income, lawyer fee, etc., excluding vehicle damage of another $12,000.

My own damage was $6,500 and I did not claim Direct Asia as my son is unnamed.

I'm now seeking advice for the following: 1. Can Direct Asia really repudiate the policy for 3rd party claim? It is by law that all vehicles on the road are covered at least 3rd party. 2. The claim from the taxi driver is really ridiculous as no one was injured that day.

Lesson learnt: know what you are buying. There is a Chinese saying, anything that is cheap must be a reason...

• Praise 1

I have a very bad experience recently with them. I got mine policy last year and I did not name my son as a named driver as that time he has not got his driving licence. When he got his driving on Jun 2015, I forgot to add him and that comes the nightmare when a taxi hit my car when it was driven by my son on the National day.

Direct Asia straight away wrote me to repudiate the policy and not even cover the 3rd party (reason stated by them is that my son is young, below 30 yr, and inexperience). That means, the insurance policy i bought is equivalent to never bought even though I bought the comprehensive plan. The taxi is claiming for about $20,000 for medical, lost of income, lawyer fee, etc., excluding vehicle damage of another $12,000.

I'm now seeking advice for the following: 1. Can Direct Asia really repudiate the policy for 3rd party claim? It is by law that all vehicles on the road are covered at least 3rd party. 2. The claim from the taxi driver is really ridiculous as no one was injured that day.

Lesson learnt: know what you are buying. There is a Chinese saying, anything that is cheap must be a reason...

Sorry pal, it's yr own fault.

Its your own fault which you had opt in +30years old driver to save a few pennies and let yr son drive afterwards.

Same as my ex-boss purchased insurance for the company's car and he let his wife drove the car.

DA void the coverage as his wife is not a staff of the company.

• Praise 4

Want cheap u get shit. I think they r worse than NTUC. Whats the point of saving a few tens or just a hundred unless t gong po pi bo taichi.

Turbocharged

Want cheap u get shit. I think they r worse than NTUC. Whats the point of saving a few tens or just a hundred unless t gong po pi bo taichi.

actually i find ntuc not bad.

years back i had an accident, they sent in their 'orange force' on a trike bike to render assistance.

all the paperwork was done by the guy, he even helped draw the situation map and wrote account for me.

Seems like insurance companies are able to cancel your policy on the spot when you have an accident. I haven't heard of anyone who has challenged this in court. Probably because those who can afford it don't save on insurance. This is not the first time I heard of direct asia cancelling the policy and refusing to pay out on claims.

Hope you have gotten a policy with a more useful company. Don't get suckered by direct asia's lame ads with those people claiming to have saved hundreds and how they put the money to other uses. Joke's on them when shit happens.

Go for comprehensive and cover name driver too. Include others such as courtesy car and ncd protection. I am owner but my wifes drives most of the time and she got into accidents before but with good coverage u dun have to worry.

For most insurance policies, there is a loading of approx $3,000 for drivers with <2 yrs driving experience or drivers >70 yrs old.

These drivers do not have to be named, so long as they drive your car with your permission.

Direct Asia's case is unique.