Why directasia car insurance so cheap?

Agentwilson

DA's list of appointed workshops very CMI.

did anyone top up $95 for own workshop? :D

for sure, i will get NCD protector coz already 50%.

For me I don't care too much about how "good" or "bad" their appointed ws are.

If you had an accident and needs repair, that's already the biggest problem and not the ws they use.

I won't pay extra for using your own preferred ws, unless you plan to pay all the repair yourself and not claiming from the insurance.

↡ Advertisement

If you had an accident and needs repair, that's already the biggest problem and not the ws they use.

I won't pay extra for using your own preferred ws, unless you plan to pay all the repair yourself and not claiming from the insurance.

i stay in amk... and for pete's sake.. there is only 1 appointed workshop in the whole of northern part of singapore..

in total, i counted.. they have only 6 appointed workshop across the whole of singapore...

very CMI to me...

i will most likely pay extra for own ws, and claim from insurance.. why not leh? can state your reasons.

not cheap for me leh

i got quoted 900 when my current renewed one is 600+++

cheap for me.. last year i paid 805 for authorised workshop with NCD protector..

direct asia quotes 693 for authorised workshop with NCD protector, EXCEPT CMI workshops

Turbocharged

oooh,

just tried, they are cheap!

by 40%! by the way, a lot of options to check, medical for driver n passengers?

if i check all, means comprehensive and any workshop?

My insurance is due oct 2010....

• Praise 1

not cheap for me leh

i got quoted 900 when my current renewed one is 600+++

$600 is freaking dirt cheap. which insurance co is that? i'm oredi on max 50%+5%, no claims history, safe profile and i'm paying double of that.

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

DA's list of appointed workshops very CMI.

did anyone top up $95 for own workshop? :D

for sure, i will get NCD protector coz already 50%.

read ex-NTUC chief's letter in ST forum page few days ago, relating to NCD protector. Learnt that by having NCD protector, when a claim was made, the insurer will honour your NCD entitlement in your renewal but will load heavily on renewal premium. So, does it still make sense to pay for the protector? Just want to find out more from members here on the NCD protector experience and the pros n cons

• Praise 1

i will most likely pay extra for own ws, and claim from insurance.. why not leh? can state your reasons.

As mentioned if I have to claim, that is the biggest problem by itself. Premiums will go subsequently, you lose NCDs, etc.

The last thing I worry about is which w/s do the repair.

Most w/s can do a proper job more or less.

If you notice usually insurance company appointed w/s has some good "reputations".

They won't go around appointing any Tom, Dick and Harry w/s.

Usually, they can cut a deal with these w/s for volume business.

I stayed in Yishun, I think it's probably worse than you staying in AMK and having only 1 choice.

SG is that small only. How far can you go?

Will you only get into accident near your home and thus need a w/s nearby ? [:p]

read ex-NTUC chief's letter in ST forum page few days ago, relating to NCD protector. Learnt that by having NCD protector, when a claim was made, the insurer will honour your NCD entitlement in your renewal but will load heavily on renewal premium. So, does it still make sense to pay for the protector? Just want to find out more from members here on the NCD protector experience and the pros n cons

Even my broker told me no point paying for ncd protector.

You get protected, but heavily loaded and you're back to square one...

So paying extra is a bonus to the insurance company and not to you.

as in "mortal remains repatriation", or due to serious illness/injuries.............

yeah applicable only if you r overseas.........

what is "Repatriation Costs " ??

only applicable if you drive overseas?

Edited by Ahwhye
  • Praise 1

Even my broker told me no point paying for ncd protector.

You get protected, but heavily loaded and you're back to square one...

So paying extra is a bonus to the insurance company and not to you.

your broker don't know his work. NCD protector is good. Usually it's additional 10% of your premium.

For eg. if your insurance premium is $1000 for next renewal. And they load you say 20 percent for a claim and make it $1200,

if you do not have NCD protector, then your NCD would be 20%, which means u got to pay $960.

If you have NCD protector, then your NCD would still be 50%, and u only got to pay $600.

Not to mention the savings for the next few years if your NCD got to slowly climb back from 20%.

Does this makes sense to you ?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1