Why directasia car insurance so cheap?

Agentwilson

wah if thats the case, i sld not take any insurance that use KAH Moter service centre..cos confirm the repair amt is higher than private workshop.

and for that case, Kah agent told me the other party insurance dont want to accept repair from Kah....mean I suck thumb la? like that how to make use of my insurance? not fair right?

↡ Advertisement

i once gotten an accident from a driver.

His bro who bang my car backside was driving his elder brother's car.

The insurance was said to be from Direct Asia. My Honda rep said the elder bro insurance REJECTED claims from Honda repair service (cause Honda is my appointed service centre for claims).

Like that also can meh? How can his younger bro drove his car and yet his insurance didnt penalise him? In the end, luckily, the younger bro was willing to go private settlement and we had repair done at private workshop which is much cheaper of course.

Now i am wondering, if my appointed Honda workshop charges high for repair, the other party insurance can reject the claim? If the insurance covers only 1 person, the elder bro, that mean the younger bro is illegally driving the car without insruance? can charge as criminal?

ha ha. My friend ever kenna something like this before. Why it came to this I don't know.

New car owner, 1st year. Car got into accident, OD claim. Go AD to repair, insurer say void insurance cos can only go to authorised kshop. Go authorised workshop, AD says whatever repaired/change there will not be covered in future.

I did not ask what happened eventually [laugh]

issue is my authorised workshop for my insurance is Kah Motor yet the other party insurance, direct asia, rejected the settlement w Kah. It means Direct Asia protects the driver causing the accident by not absorbing the cost trying to save money for him?

(edited)

issue is my authorised workshop for my insurance is Kah Motor yet the other party insurance, direct asia, rejected the settlement w Kah. It means Direct Asia protects the driver causing the accident by not absorbing the cost trying to save money for him?

Firstly, I presume you have already confirmed that the rejection of claim is due to repair amount, and not because of other reasons ... e.g. car not use for intended purpose, driver not named in policy , etc... You have only heard from your Honda rep, but was there any writing given by DA to Honda for the reason of rejection?

If it is really solely due to repair costs, then since you are making a Third Party claim against DA, DA has NO rights to stop you from choosing your own workshop. But DA has every right to dispute the repair amount from your workshop.

If this happens, you can:

1) claim OD from your own insurer (subject to terms & conditions under your own policy) if you have a comprehensive policy. Your insurer will then recover from DA for repair cost.

2) pay all repair cost first (depend on small or big amount) & then go to FIDReC or engage legal - but I do not advise this option at all as it may drag longer

3) change to use DA authorized workshop but this may affect your warranty

4) Settle privately with the other party

If KAH motor insist you use them for repairs, the only option is #1.

Settle privately is OK provided:

- the other party can afford to pay

- the "outside" workshop you use is good & able to repair properly up to your expectations

Edited by Sci10213

Turbocharged

Look at it this way ...

If someone hits you, it shouldn't mean a "blank cheque" for the repair right?

Or to put the shoe on the other foot, say you rear end someone, there are 7 quotes, 6 of which say the repair costs $1,000 - the 7th says $3,000.

Should you be forced to pay the $3,000 repair?

No right...

I'm not saying that's the case here - we simply don't know enough facts to say - but would like to put it into some sort of perspective - being hit by someone else isn't a blank cheque to claim whatever you like, there is still a duty to make sure the repair cost is "fair" and "reasonable" (whatever that means)

• Praise 1

So am I right to say, its not wise to choose an insurance that uses the service of the brand workshop...cos their charge will definately be higher.

I'm not an insurance expert -

my understanding is that the insurance company will have an amount they feel is "correct" for the repair - if you go over that, then is up to you to justify why....or top up the difference

If not that's the way it should be

not workshop justify meh? So I have to tow my car to few workshop to get 3 quotes?

Supercharged

i once gotten an accident from a driver.

His bro who bang my car backside was driving his elder brother's car.

The insurance was said to be from Direct Asia. My Honda rep said the elder bro insurance REJECTED claims from Honda repair service (cause Honda is my appointed service centre for claims).

Like that also can meh? How can his younger bro drove his car and yet his insurance didnt penalise him? In the end, luckily, the younger bro was willing to go private settlement and we had repair done at private workshop which is much cheaper of course.

Now i am wondering, if my appointed Honda workshop charges high for repair, the other party insurance can reject the claim? If the insurance covers only 1 person, the elder bro, that mean the younger bro is illegally driving the car without insruance? can charge as criminal?

Me feels that this is damn warped in anyway you look at it.

If the AD is one of the authorized workshop listed in your insurance coverage, there is no way that DA can reject the claim because of that. They can dispute the cost of repair but certainly not dictate which workshop the car gets repaired.

In any case, there is always a surveyor to ensure that the repair quoted are indeed the damage due to accident and that the cost of parts replacement are within market value. What kind of rights does DA have to invalidate the claim just because it is from an AD.

• Praise 1

Hello,

Some funny conversations. Some of you are obsessed with selling your dirty undies.

A couple points.

If you have a new car and need to use a particular workshop for your repairs due to new car warranty (and even if you don't have a new car but want to use your own workshop and not ours) - we have an optional benefit called "My Workshop" which allows you to repair wherever you like. It's an option because not everyone needs their own workshop.

As to carrying goods you've purchased. Of course you can. As Darryn has pointed out we have 3 different usages. Again, not everyone uses their car the same way so those who don't commute (therefore use their car less) can save a bit more.

And if you need to use outside your normal usage...say work calls and needs you to use your car for work for the day you just have to call and let us know the change of use for the day. You can change use 5 times a policy year.

• Praise 1
  • Dislike 1

Look at it this way ...

If someone hits you, it shouldn't mean a "blank cheque" for the repair right?

Or to put the shoe on the other foot, say you rear end someone, there are 7 quotes, 6 of which say the repair costs $1,000 - the 7th says $3,000.

Should you be forced to pay the $3,000 repair?

No right...

I'm not saying that's the case here - we simply don't know enough facts to say - but would like to put it into some sort of perspective - being hit by someone else isn't a blank cheque to claim whatever you like, there is still a duty to make sure the repair cost is "fair" and "reasonable" (whatever that means)

agree.. it is not a blank cheque.... if I get hit in the rear, I should not change the bonnet but I believe I have every right to request for a change in rear bumper... and everyone knows AD is more expensive...... so if the 7th quote $3k and if it gives me, the accident victim, the most comfort... then yes I should have the right to change at $3k.

Not talking about inflated claims here

Hello,

Some funny conversations. Some of you are obsessed with selling your dirty undies.

A couple points.

If you have a new car and need to use a particular workshop for your repairs due to new car warranty (and even if you don't have a new car but want to use your own workshop and not ours) - we have an optional benefit called "My Workshop" which allows you to repair wherever you like. It's an option because not everyone needs their own workshop.

As to carrying goods you've purchased. Of course you can. As Darryn has pointed out we have 3 different usages. Again, not everyone uses their car the same way so those who don't commute (therefore use their car less) can save a bit more.

And if you need to use outside your normal usage...say work calls and needs you to use your car for work for the day you just have to call and let us know the change of use for the day. You can change use 5 times a policy year.

yo... you are back.... are you the same CSO as previous?

I believe they are talking about the other party going back AD not the DA insured going back AD... is it possible?

quoted Babyt

issue is my authorised workshop for my insurance is Kah Motor yet the other party insurance, direct asia, rejected the settlement w Kah.

Turbocharged

agree.. it is not a blank cheque.... if I get hit in the rear, I should not change the bonnet but I believe I have every right to request for a change in rear bumper... and everyone knows AD is more expensive...... so if the 7th quote $3k and if it gives me, the accident victim, the most comfort... then yes I should have the right to change at $3k.

even if the damage doesn't require change of bumper?

What if it is a scratch that can be repainted without any flaw, danger or anything else - can you still "demand" change of bumper?

Hello,

A couple points.

Thanks for coming back -

But you still haven't quite answered the question - if we carry samples etc as part of our work, or if we drop off goods to our clients (as part of a meeting, or whatever, not a chargeable courier service) - is this considered carrying goods for payment?

What if it is a scratch that can be repainted without any flaw, danger or anything else - can you still "demand" change of bumper?

like I say, require or not lies with the workshop and insurer, not the victim...

http://www.mycarforum.com/topic/2691265-so-you-think-its-just-a-bumper-job-huh/

Thanks for coming back -

But you still haven't quite answered the question - if we carry samples etc as part of our work, or if we drop off goods to our clients (as part of a meeting, or whatever, not a chargeable courier service) - is this considered carrying goods for payment?

The clause "being used to carry good for payment" refers to the car being used to carry any inventory or goods that should legally be carried by a commercial goods vehicle.

If you're carrying items related to work, say you're on the marketing team and drive out to pick up a new batch of t shirts from the screen printer, that would be covered under Private Use and Business = because driving car for work. If you sold your dirty knickers on ebay and are carrying them to the post...that would most likely fall under private use - unless it's later proved you're running an international underground dirty knickers empire :)

We made a new page covering usage types on our revamped website - http://www.directasia.com/car-insurance/usage/

The clause "being used to carry good for payment" refers to the car being used to carry any inventory or goods that should legally be carried by a commercial goods vehicle.

If you're carrying items related to work, say you're on the marketing team and drive out to pick up a new batch of t shirts from the screen printer, that would be covered under Private Use and Business = because driving car for work. If you sold your dirty knickers on ebay and are carrying them to the post...that would most likely fall under private use - unless it's later proved you're running an international underground dirty knickers empire :)

We made a new page covering usage types on our revamped website - http://www.directasia.com/car-insurance/usage/

not carry to post but to the person buying the dirty knickers......... can or cannot?

Maybe an easier way to look at it is - are you being paid in any way to carry the goods? If yes, it's commercial use, if not it's private.

A private transaction between 2 parties and 1 sending an item to another is considered commercial ?

so what is the outcome ah ? or still pending ?

Turbocharged

Thanks for the clarification :-)

↡ Advertisement