Why directasia car insurance so cheap?

Agentwilson

That's likely becos DA wants to reduce customers who are "fronting" .. the more u name drivers, then the less u will allow un-named people to drive your car

???

In Aviva's website, it says, "You can reduce your premium further by restricting the number of drivers on your policy.". This' what I think so but at DA, it is not.

↡ Advertisement

???

In Aviva's website, it says, "You can reduce your premium further by restricting the number of drivers on your policy.". This' what I think so but at DA, it is not.

The original policy (by default) covers ANY driver, as long as she/she is an "authorized" driver. Authorized driver means you do not need to restrict or name the driver, as long as you give approval for him/her to drive your car.

Any authorized driver policy is usually the most expensive as compared to named driver and restricted driver policy

ANY authorized driver policy that means potentially there could be > 10 people you may give approval (at any time) to drive your car (and get into accident). The person you give authorization need not be family member or your relative. It could be simply just a normal friend or colleague or whoever you wish to (regardless of gender, age, race, education, nationality, occupation, etc).

So when Aviva says "restrict your driver" or DA says "put more named drivers" for lower premium .... to me, it is the same.

What they are trying to do is to reduce the uncertainty of who will be driving your car, so that:

- they can have a better idea who is driving your car (and the type of risk)

- they can avoid paying claims for people NOT supposed to drive your car

Therefore, why they tell you it will be lower premium, this is because they are expecting to pay lesser claims if you restrict or name your drivers.

Whether the insurance company checks the history of the named driver or not (and premium loading or whatever) is up to the insurance company. 

Fronting is when you get your wife/parents to register the car and get cheap insurance when your record is screwed, although you are the main or only driver.

So, when you name drivers - will they also check the records of the named drivers and put loading if some are bad record?

hmm... fronting need not be just wife/parents relationship ... though this could be common. There are many other type of relationships.

Check records is quite likely but whether got loading or not have to ask the insurance company. 

Edited by Sci10213

any idea if DA insure for cars older than 10 years old?

nope. In fact many don't except for the first 1 or 2 years. 

Only a handful does COE cars, AXA confirm did for my 27yrs old car then. 

Turbocharged

Actually this is wrong, drive TO work is covered (drive home from work, and drive home for lunch also covered).

Drive FOR work is not covered (unless declare in the application that you do outdoor sales). Like for outdoor sales, deliveryman, etc etc.

Same, for my insurance with MSIG must also declare that I did not use the car for work purposes - they asked what is my role and if I used the car FOR work. If drive out for the occasional meeting will also be covered. They simply want to know what is the PRIMARY purpose.

How would the insurance co know you are driving the car for work in event if an accident. You can say you are running personal errands or going out for a meal.

How would the insurance co know you are driving the car for work in event if an accident. You can say you are running personal errands or going out for a meal.

Depends on how "ON" the insurance company is in checking up on you...

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

So far I have been using Aviva car insurance. Premiums are very competitive and customised to your preferred options. Renewal or cancellation of car insurance due to sale of car is a breeze.

Turbocharged

There is no way they can check

Many ways to check. 

Depends how much investigation they want to do, how smart you are in answering their questions and how much they want to chase.

If your job title is "Sales Manager" for example, and you have an accident at 10:30 on a work day - while it is not 100% proof, good luck trying to argue you weren't driving for work. 

And how they react depends on how blatant the case is I guess - they have the option to either deny claim  or to charge ou extra excess I think. 

• Praise 1

(edited)

Anyone got experience with Liberty or AIG

I'm with Liberty. Was with them for 911, M135i and am currently with them for the 430. For the M5, I went with AXA because the quoted premiums were a bit lower.

No claims experience (touch wood) except windscreen once in M135i. Paid 500 in excess.

For exotics, difficult to do better than Liberty.

Edited by Turboflat4

Neutral Newbie

3rd party means the other party.

can't be 5k lah. he must have read something wrongly.

5k too

Little, don't think anyone will buy that kinda coverage

• Praise 1

(edited)

How come insurance so cheap one?

Only $500???  Some even less that that...

Which post u referring to?

If u referring to TurboFlat4 on his M135, he is saying he paid $500 in excess.

I believe he meant for his deductible in making claim. 

Edited by Sci10213

Hi

Am currently on DA and its up for renewal.

When checking around realise Aviva premiums is slightly cheaper and given the 'bad reputation' for DA am thinking of switching to Aviva.

Any comments on Aviva ?

Hi

When checking around realise Aviva premiums is slightly cheaper and given the 'bad reputation' for DA am thinking of switching to Aviva.

Any comments on Aviva ?

Email them and list any mods you might have, including air filter, strut bars, disc brakes and rims. This is important if you do not wish to be insuranceless when you are in an accident. If you are stock condition than should be ok to engage them.

Edited by Ghostami
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged

Hi

Any comments on Aviva ?

I'm curious about this "bad reputation".  I haven't seen anything from DA that other insurance companies don't do - In fact the DA policy on mods seems more straightforward than most. 

If it is LTA approved - then you are covered (but only for value of Stock replacement) 

Now is time for my DA rant - 

What the hell is it with this stupid policy of buying a second car no NCD?? 

Stupid stupid stupid.  Charge me full amount upfront then refund when I prove deregistration? 

Did you know that AVIVA will give me a one week "dispensation" to sell my car?  SO they only charge 50% upfront?? 

Blardy stupid highway robbery  GRRRRRRr

Never buy Aviva before, but seen an article on Asiaone.com.  Aviva cancelled a driver,  car insurance after the driver was involved in an accident.

The reason : The driver's car's sport rims are non-stock.

My jaw dropped. Do your DD.

Anyway, I use Income all these years.  What I like :

a) Free NCD protection after 2 years

b) Free transport (Comfort Taxi) home after a car accident and step by step instructions to move forward by Orange Force Agent.

c) Income aggressive policies toward excessive 3rd claims is very well known. It protect policyholder like me.

d) Income WS like Comfort Delgro Group very good.

e) Among the cheapest.

Hi

Any comments on Aviva ?

↡ Advertisement