Why directasia car insurance so cheap?

Agentwilson

I will avoid DA, I tried to fill up the online form some years back.

They ONLY insurance you either For Going to Workplace or For Leisure but not both ?

So , after buying DA can ONLY drive Monday to Friday for work.

And Saturday & Sunday cannot drive for Leisure.

I'm curious about this "bad reputation".  I haven't seen anything from DA that other insurance companies don't do - In fact the DA policy on mods seems more straightforward than most. 

If it is LTA approved - then you are covered (but only for value of Stock replacement) 

Now is time for my DA rant - 

What the hell is it with this stupid policy of buying a second car no NCD?? 

Stupid stupid stupid.  Charge me full amount upfront then refund when I prove deregistration? 

Did you know that AVIVA will give me a one week "dispensation" to sell my car?  SO they only charge 50% upfront?? 

Blardy stupid highway robbery  GRRRRRRr

↡ Advertisement

Never buy Aviva before, but seen an article on Asiaone.com.  Aviva cancelled a driver,  car insurance after the driver was involved in an accident.

The reason : The driver's car's sport rims are non-stock.

My jaw dropped. Do your DD.

Anyway, I use Income all these years.  What I like :

a) Free NCD protection after 2 years

b) Free transport (Comfort Taxi) home after a car accident and step by step instructions to move forward by Orange Force Agent.

c) Income aggressive policies toward excessive 3rd claims is very well known. It protect policyholder like me.

d) Income WS like Comfort Delgro Group very good.

e) Among the cheapest.

For your reason ©, do be aware it works both ways...

Wait till the day you are claiming 3rd party against NTUC ... [wave]  

(edited)

Which post u referring to?

If u referring to TurboFlat4 on his M135, he is saying he paid $500 in excess.

I believe he meant for his deductible in making claim. 

Yes, for the windshield in the M135i (small crack). I paid $500 out of pocket. Bloody Munich tried to make me pay $535 (including 7% GST on that $500) but I flatly refused because I didn't see how they were entitled to claim that - I was paying my insurer and my insurer was reimbursing them for the repair! My agent fully supported me and if said that if this was the game they were playing, I could just pay her $500 directly by credit card and she'd take care of everything.

In the end, when I told the Munich service advisor that, he backed down and waived the GST "out of goodwill". Absolute tossers.

Edited by Turboflat4

Turbocharged

I will avoid DA, I tried to fill up the online form some years back.

They ONLY insurance you either For Going to Workplace or For Leisure but not both ?

So , after buying DA can ONLY drive Monday to Friday for work.

And Saturday & Sunday cannot drive for Leisure.

Errrr...not true...i take all options...

Drive to work and drive for work.....

Can use like this

Perhaps they have changed over the years, I only tried out a few years back.  When I click the options, the previous selection is de-selected lor.

Errrr...not true...i take all options...
Drive to work and drive for work.....
Can use like this

Yes. Every dog sure has its day.

My accident rate is about 1 in every 100kkm.  Small ones to big ones.

But I have always taken a magnificent approach to claims. At least I tried to offer a private settlement, if possible.

Many times, I forgive as someone have forgiven me.

That why my 3rd party claims, if needed, have been clear cut (100%), total and deemed fair, as of writing.

I always use my insurer's WS  as an independent assessor to claims.

I also protect my insurer by refusing kick-back, bribes, or in any manner working in concert with external parties against the firm.

For your reason ©, do be aware it works both ways...

Wait till the day you are claiming 3rd party against NTUC ... [wave]  

Turbocharged

Yes. Every dog sure has its day.

My accident rate is about 1 in every 100kkm.  Small ones to big ones.

But I have always taken a magnificent approach to claims. At least I tried to offer a private settlement, if possible.

Many times, I forgive as someone have forgiven me.

That why my 3rd party claims, if needed, have been clear cut (100%), total and deemed fair, as of writing.

I always use my insurer's WS  as an independent assessor to claims.

I also protect my insurer by refusing kick-back, bribes, or in any manner working in concert with external parties against the firm.

Why your accident rate so high? 

Ours isn't even 1 in 300,000km.... (selling our accident free car on Monday with 320,000 km on clock) 

And I think the word you're looking for is magnanimous --- 

You may well be a magnificent driver and I know my prehensile penis is magnificence personified - but being friendly, generous and accommodating is an attitude of magnanimity.

Perhaps they have changed over the years, I only tried out a few years back.  When I click the options, the previous selection is de-selected lor.

I think I know what has happened 

If you drive for leisure - that is the "bottom" option

The next is drive TO work AND for leisure -- so if you select drive to work it INCLUDES for leisure

The top tier is drive TO work AND FOR work --- so it includes weekends, commute to work AND driving out for meetings. 

I have been with DA for coming three years now and have just purchased my new policy. 

Yes, for the windshield in the M135i (small crack). I paid $500 out of pocket. Bloody Munich tried to make me pay $535 (including 7% GST on that $500) but I flatly refused because I didn't see how they were entitled to claim that - I was paying my insurer and my insurer was reimbursing them for the repair! My agent fully supported me and if said that if this was the game they were playing, I could just pay her $500 directly by credit card and she'd take care of everything.

In the end, when I told the Munich service advisor that, he backed down and waived the GST "out of goodwill". Absolute tossers.

Cannot praise so quickly again 

Damn blardy chepos - they lost some staff a while back also, seems that they are going backwards at the moment. 

This sort of treatment isn't about money but about behaving cheaply - totally not befitting of the brand they represent.  Wanna behave like that may as well put 3 n 1 coffee in the waiting area and charge you 50 cents for a cup of hot water. 

Turbocharged

Have requested a refund from DA on my cancelled policy - even though I told them in the request have got a new policy, they are trying to charge me $90 for cancellation.  

Have asked them to waive it off - if not, will be damn freaking angry. 

Ours isn't even 1 in 300,000km.... (selling our accident free car on Monday with 320,000 km on clock) 

You may well be a magnificent driver and I know my prehensile penis is magnificence personified - but being friendly, generous and accommodating is an attitude of magnanimity.

The next is drive TO work AND for leisure -- so if you select drive to work it INCLUDES for leisure

The top tier is drive TO work AND FOR work --- so it includes weekends, commute to work AND driving out for meetings. 

I have been with DA for coming three years now and have just purchased my new policy. 

Damn blardy chepos - they lost some staff a while back also, seems that they are going backwards at the moment. 

This sort of treatment isn't about money but about behaving cheaply - totally not befitting of the brand they represent.  Wanna behave like that may as well put 3 n 1 coffee in the waiting area and charge you 50 cents for a cup of hot water. 

Can't praise you because of our "dislike war". :D :D

But I'll PM you since I have some sentiments that can only be expressed in private about the M scene.

Have requested a refund from DA on my cancelled policy - even though I told them in the request have got a new policy, they are trying to charge me $90 for cancellation.  

Have asked them to waive it off - if not, will be damn freaking angry. 

Oh btw DA didn't waive off *my* penalty when I changed car (and was forced to change insurer) - so if they waive for you, I'll be damn pissed off. :D :D

Heeee ...... about once every 5 years lor.  Usually is those minor bumps lor.

Like my previous ride, 2 incidents and 1 accident.  Someone sat on my bonnet -change, someone bang my front bumper scratch and dislodge a bit, while my car was sleeping.  Then someone bang my car rear bumper, slight scratched - Private settlement.

When I sold my car, I told them,  they classified as ACCIDENT-FREE lor ...... not me, they ownself said.  According to them, as long the crumble zone and some major structure is not affected then it is OK.

As for this current ride, also got accident lor, when I sell, I just honestly tell them what happen lor. It is up to them to classify and value lor. Got one car come out of parking lot and bang my car door dented and scratched. Not sure if this is called ACCIDENT FREE.

Anyway, as of writing, no one have yet to successfully file a claim against me even in 2 cases where I am 100% liable lor.  One is fraud (Income) and another excessive claims (Mitsui).  And luckily, never 50/50, always 100%

320kkm seems abnormal, I thought it is a taxi ...... heeee.

Today, got a sudden notification that my credit card was deducted for my car insurance by Direct Asia even though I did not notify them or submit any form to renew my car insurance as I have decided to go with another insurer.  I realised they "very smart" to auto renew the insurance on my behalf unless you told them otherwise!!

I realized that the clause that they will auto renew my insurance was in the quote which they e-mail earlier to me  they will auto renew and deduct my credit card if I did not raise any objection to their e-mail.

This is almost like an attempted fraud....really pissed me off.

• Praise 1

Very funny.  My bro insures with FWD.  They sent him an renewal email and quoted $910 all in with this n that discount.

He went to FWD site n key in for an online quote, and it says $950 after incuding promo code that comes with $150 vouchers apparently.  ie the net is $800 if include vouchers!

Weird?

Edited by Ahbengdriver

I kenna left right center back by union policy

2nd best left right top bottom by DA

try your luck if you dont believe

PS. Both incidents I was the victim  :TT_TT:

Today, got a sudden notification that my credit card was deducted for my car insurance by Direct Asia even though I did not notify them or submit any form to renew my car insurance as I have decided to go with another insurer.  I realised they "very smart" to auto renew the insurance on my behalf unless you told them otherwise!!

I realized that the clause that they will auto renew my insurance was in the quote which they e-mail earlier to me  they will auto renew and deduct my credit card if I did not raise any objection to their e-mail.

This is almost like an attempted fraud....really pissed me off.

This is worse than opt out for organ donation.

Damn I also kana this auto renewal which I feel is not right.

Going to  trash this issue with them on Monday.

This act of auto renewal is not ethical imo and wanna to know if they have infringed any customers right, like what if I never receive any letter or the mail man dumped it away?

(edited)

Damn I also kana this auto renewal which I feel is not right.

Going to trash this issue with them on Monday.

This act of auto renewal is not ethical imo and wanna to know if they have infringed any customers right, like what if I never receive any letter or the mail man dumped it away?

What i have know is that Its actually wrong for cars above 3 years old. You need to go for inspection 1st then can buy insurance and renew road tax.

If u nvr send in the car inspection cert hw can they renew ur car insurance? Even if its every 2 year do inspection also muz submit annually ur latest inspection cert (done every 2years)

DA reli deserve to gt whacked

Edited by alex976
  • Praise 1