Why directasia car insurance so cheap?

Agentwilson

Drive to work not covered. LOL. I guess only good for OPC cars for weekend duties.

Actually this is wrong, drive TO work is covered (drive home from work, and drive home for lunch also covered).

Drive FOR work is not covered (unless declare in the application that you do outdoor sales). Like for outdoor sales, deliveryman, etc etc.

Same, for my insurance with MSIG must also declare that I did not use the car for work purposes - they asked what is my role and if I used the car FOR work. If drive out for the occasional meeting will also be covered. They simply want to know what is the PRIMARY purpose.

• Praise 1

i read their ad, it says special rates for 3 years no demerit point. do they seriously consider that? i have 3 demerit points from bus lane 1 year ago, cant see how that has anything to do with safety

• Praise 1

i read their ad, it says special rates for 3 years no demerit point. do they seriously consider that? i have 3 demerit points from bus lane 1 year ago, cant see how that has anything to do with safety

Call n ask lor...just don't tell them you are "chongster" or I dun tink the call will go well [:p]

I'm about to sign with DA but looking at the policy coverage worries me... when I pay for comprehensive cover, comprehensive means everything ma...

We do not pay claims for:

loss or damage caused by or by leaving your car in an unsafe position after it broke down, suffered accidental damage or was stolen and then found and you were notified;

Wah piang eh, if my car broke down, of course I want to move to a safe position, but cannot move how ??

Secondly, if stolen, those with DA better pray car will never be found, else cannot claim ?

Buying insurance is to cover those things "you never know what if will happen", the breakdown part really puts me off...

DA Policy Link for lazy peeps.

• Praise 1

I'm about to sign with DA but looking at the policy coverage worries me... when I pay for comprehensive cover, comprehensive means everything ma...

We do not pay claims for:

loss or damage caused by or by leaving your car in an unsafe position after it broke down, suffered accidental damage or was stolen and then found and you were notified;

Wah piang eh, if my car broke down, of course I want to move to a safe position, but cannot move how ??

Secondly, if stolen, those with DA better pray car will never be found, else cannot claim ?

Buying insurance is to cover those things "you never know what if will happen", the breakdown part really puts me off...

DA Policy Link for lazy peeps.

Hi Darkblue,

what ride you driving? May be I can help you source for better quotation? By the way, DA alot of fine print that major insurance companies do not have. May be that is one reason why they are quoting cheaper also.

Neutral Newbie

Actually this is wrong, drive TO work is covered (drive home from work, and drive home for lunch also covered).

Drive FOR work is not covered (unless declare in the application that you do outdoor sales). Like for outdoor sales, deliveryman, etc etc.

Same, for my insurance with MSIG must also declare that I did not use the car for work purposes - they asked what is my role and if I used the car FOR work. If drive out for the occasional meeting will also be covered. They simply want to know what is the PRIMARY purpose.

For direct asia, private usage means you do not drive the car to and from the office. I queried on this personally. Different from MSIG which is where my insruance is from currently.

• Praise 1

For direct asia, private usage means you do not drive the car to and from the office. I queried on this personally. Different from MSIG which is where my insruance is from currently.

there are 3 type to choose from:

1. Purely for personal use (meaning housewife)

2. Private and to work (meaning desk bound)

3. Private and business (sales)

• Praise 1

when got accident, jus tell tehm that trip is not for work lor...............can or not...........simple right.

[shakehead] potential "penny wise pound foolish"

• Praise 1

bro, they will always do investigation whenever there is an accident happened. If I not wrong, for DA or aviva you will need to declare the claim even you are not at fault. For major ins companies, if case not due to your fault will not be penalised.

bro, they will always do investigation whenever there is an accident happened. If I not wrong, for DA or aviva you will need to declare the claim even you are not at fault. For major ins companies, if case not due to your fault will not be penalised.

i beg to differ. My car was rear ended 3 times in a year. All 3 times happened when my car was stationary at the red light. Guess wat, HSBC refused to insure me the following year citing me has high risk.

• Praise 1

Noted, but confusing if you didn't know.

• Praise 1

Hi Darkblue,

what ride you driving? May be I can help you source for better quotation? By the way, DA alot of fine print that major insurance companies do not have. May be that is one reason why they are quoting cheaper also.

as long as you drive safely and don't hit backside,its not a problem.

their price really cheap.

other coy no fight.

the nearest could be Aviva.

i beg to differ. My car was rear ended 3 times in a year. All 3 times happened when my car was stationary at the red light. Guess wat, HSBC refused to insure me the following year citing me has high risk.

Huh???? Got such things meh??? Not yr fault what???

↡ Advertisement