Citibank Dividend Card or POSB Everyday Card

Yaloryalor

Which cards give more rebates and more benefits to user?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Which cards give more rebates and more benefits to user?

• Dividend Card
    • Everyday Card
    • Others. Pls specify

Both credit cards also got rebate system.

I have been using Citibank Dividend cards for few years. Enjoying quite good rebates from them regularly.

Recently backside itchy go and apply the POSB Everyday card.

Wanna ask anyone who is familiar on both cards, which cards give more rebates and provide more benefits?

↡ Advertisement

Posb everyday card is good for SPC watsons and carrefour.

I've given up on citibank dividend a long time ago.there was a thread of complaints on it too. Just do a search.

Standard chartered manhattan offers better rebates.

I like POSB Everyday card cos it is many cards in one.

It is a MasterCard credit card as all of us know. I requested bank to link my savings acct to the card so it is also my ATM/NETS card. The new card they sent me recently also functions as cashcard and EZlink card.

1 card, 4 functions. No need put so many cards in my wallet now. [thumbsup]

I like POSB Everyday card cos it is many cards in one.

It is a MasterCard credit card as all of us know. I requested bank to link my savings acct to the card so it is also my ATM/NETS card. The new card they sent me recently also functions as cashcard and EZlink card.

1 card, 4 functions. No need put so many cards in my wallet now. [thumbsup]

Oh can link the bank accounts to this everyday card and use as ATM? Tats very good!

Oh can link the bank accounts to this everyday card and use as ATM? Tats very good!

Actually, not only this card. You can link bank accounts to any credit card. Been doing that for years with diff banks. Cos i don't like to carry so many cards.

CITI Dividend Card gives you cash back, while POSB Everyday Card gives you rebates. For CITI Dividend, you will received a cheque from CITIBANK once you accumulated up to certain amount being cash back payable to you (I have received twice @$80 each). In the case of POSB Everyday Card, you don

Edited by Civic2000

For the new everyday card, u can use it to pay season parking with 3% rebate.... but the downside is, if u paying monthly, then u need to go online to do the transaction every month.... unless u wanna pay one shot for a year then u only need to transact once a year.... there is no such thing in the monthly parking fee will be billed to yr everyday credit card monthly automatically...

so i jus stick to my current giro payment whereby the parking fee will be auto deducted from my bank acc monthly.

but i use the everyday card for 4 reasons:-

1. Pump SPC petrol - additional 3% rebate on top of station discounts (usually 5%) and SPC card member discounts .. in certain mths, total savings can be up to 18% per pump.

2. Utitilities - only 1% but better than nothing... auto bill monthly, unlike the season parking.

3. Can use as ezlink card... jus go to mrt station n put say $20 in yr card, it becomes yr ezlink card. (dun use auto-top cos if u lose the card, u hav to inform the bank and oso the mrt to cancel the ezlink function....)

4. can use for atm card.... its a 3-in-1 card (credit card + atm card + ezlink).....

but i nev use this card to make other purchases cos the rebates are very little... for every 1000 spent, maybe they giv u only $1 rebate.

Edited by Sunnycrowe

Turbocharged

i think best so far i can find is standard chartered xtrasaver.. u keep $20k minimum balance and u get to have 10% rebate any petrol.. (if u rich enough got $50k spare doing nothing, it can give u 12%)use with other loyalty card, it is possible to get over 20% off petrol.if not wrong, i think can also applicable in boleh land also..if u dare..

then 1% rebate for any other purchase.

let me know if anyone know there's a better card around..

For the new everyday card, u can use it to pay season parking with 3% rebate.... but the downside is, if u paying monthly, then u need to go online to do the transaction every month.... unless u wanna pay one shot for a year then u only need to transact once a year.... there is no such thing in the monthly parking fee will be billed to yr everyday credit card monthly automatically...

so i jus stick to my current giro payment whereby the parking fee will be auto deducted from my bank acc monthly.

but i use the everyday card for 4 reasons:-

1. Pump SPC petrol - additional 3% rebate on top of station discounts (usually 5%) and SPC card member discounts .. in certain mths, total savings can be up to 18% per pump.

2. Utitilities - only 1% but better than nothing... auto bill monthly, unlike the season parking.

3. Can use as ezlink card... jus go to mrt station n put say $20 in yr card, it becomes yr ezlink card. (dun use auto-top cos if u lose the card, u hav to inform the bank and oso the mrt to cancel the ezlink function....)

4. can use for atm card.... its a 3-in-1 card (credit card + atm card + ezlink).....

but i nev use this card to make other purchases cos the rebates are very little... for every 1000 spent, maybe they giv u only $1 rebate.

Oh for the 3% parking rebates need to go online everymonth? I tot can jus charge to Everyday card..

How about the Town Council rebate?

I once receive a $400+ dividend chi from citibank so no complaints from me [:p]

In the past I consolidated most of my spending on Dividend card so usually I can receive about $120~$150 cheq from Citibank.

Just wanna explore more like the rebates on parking and Ultilities services.

Knowing can combine link POSB acc to this Everyday card make it even more better!

i think best so far i can find is standard chartered xtrasaver.. u keep $20k minimum balance and u get to have 10% rebate any petrol.. (if u rich enough got $50k spare doing nothing, it can give u 12%)use with other loyalty card, it is possible to get over 20% off petrol.if not wrong, i think can also applicable in boleh land also..if u dare..

*sigh*.....i dun even have $20K, so dun need to consider your recommended option.

[bigcry]

use citibank dividend if u r heavy spender otherwise its hard to even accumulate $50 min unless u really focus on this card for most/all spendings.

Citibank dividend is good if you are driving and you use it for petrol purchases. The 5% cashback on petrol is unbeatable. It's not difficult to hit $50 per quarter to receive the cheque from Citibank.

Average petrol bill per month=$250

Cashback=$12.50

3 monts=$37.50

The rest you can make up by either using it for supermarket shopping or dining which gives 2% cashback.

Then do they give you interest on your 50K or no interest?

If they give interest then ok. If not, they are just taking your interest to give you rebate.

Eg 50K x 0.5%=250

Average petrol bill=250 x 12=3000

12% discount=360

Their actual "rebate" is just S$110.

Oh for the 3% parking rebates need to go online everymonth? I tot can jus charge to Everyday card..

How about the Town Council rebate?

yes u need to go online to pay for yr season parking every mth, inorder to njoy the 3% rebate.. unless u opt to pay for 1 full year, then u only need to go online once a year.... i find it very troublesome tats y i din sign up for this feature...

oh yes town council s&c fees oso got rebate, n its auto deducted monthly from yr everyday card... but not all town councils support this feature...

↡ Advertisement