Citroen C4 Picasso

Obscurest

Bro was the bmw 216 gt in your consideration as well before you bought c4 gp?

I did have a look at it but to be honest was not very impressed, mostly on the practical front. The centre seat of the middle row is especially narrow - not good when trying to fit child seats - plus has to deal with a transmission hump. Also, the last row is more cramped than in the Citroen. And of course there's that price difference... These things are non-negotiables for me, so I didn't proceed further. YMMV

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Hi guys just wondering if anyone has any experience on diesel cars as I'm currently eyeing on this diesel Picasso. Heard that is ok for the first few yrs but problems will kick in like rattling engine dirty engine and black smoke. The maintenance is 1.5x more ex than petrol. Not sure how true is that.

I have test drive the car and is smooth and surprisingly good. Of course is a New car so need some advice on this.

• Praise 1

Anyone here got a 1.2t hatchback?

Was wondering if it really performs like what the specs look like.

Bro, go for a test drive you will love the power. Yes!! It perform as the spec.
  • Praise 1

Hi guys just wondering if anyone has any experience on diesel cars as I'm currently eyeing on this diesel Picasso. Heard that is ok for the first few yrs but problems will kick in like rattling engine dirty engine and black smoke. The maintenance is 1.5x more ex than petrol. Not sure how true is that.

I have test drive the car and is smooth and surprisingly good. Of course is a New car so need some advice on this.

I have not owned any diesel car but looking at the number of taxi on the road alone and my bro-in-law 2 years on diesel, I am quite sure it is just a myth about diesel.

However, the news of Euro stopping diesel car by 2020 is confusing and needs verification. Are we going to see an end to all diesel? But 2020 is 4 years away. Many things happen in 4 years.

• Praise 1

I have been driving for 1 yr+, no issues as of now.

Regarding problems after a few years, no one can sure, most of the time it's wear and tear which is normal for all cars.

And talking about issues, the new vazel also had their fair share of complains in their 1st yr and why everyone else keeping numb?

Servicing price? I drove Nissan cefiro before this, I need to pay around $190+, now around $220+. Not much difference in this BUT I save about $300 every mth on petrol...

You are smart! You do the math:)

Diesel has been pinpointed as being responsible for the return of all the environmental issues that used to plague Europe during the 60s & 70s... so I think either diesel will be phased out or the protection laws will be so draconian, it won't be economically viable for private car owners...

• Praise 1

Diesel has been pinpointed as being responsible for the return of all the environmental issues that used to plague Europe during the 60s & 70s... so I think either diesel will be phased out or the protection laws will be so draconian, it won't be economically viable for private car owners...

Yeah, Diesel would make sense for high mileage driver (i am actually surprised not many uber/grab drivers opt for it). But as private owner i am concerned about punitive road tax in (near?) future and of course diminished resale value if carmakers phase out Diesel engines.

If the maintenance is high, how can we be running with diesel taxi for so many years already.

You think taxi driver will not make noise.

Yeah, Diesel would make sense for high mileage driver (i am actually surprised not many uber/grab drivers opt for it). But as private owner i am concerned about punitive road tax in (near?) future and of course diminished resale value if carmakers phase out Diesel engines.

It may finally make sense only for heavy vehicles... and even for that, Europe may push to drop diesel completely despite it's phenomenal efficiency... the soot it produces is simply impossible to deal with cost effectively... and in an environmentally friendly manner.

If the maintenance is high, how can we be running with diesel taxi for so many years already.

You think taxi driver will not make noise.

It actually is pretty costly... it's just the taxi drivers don't deal with it... they're just fleet drivers... they simply return the taxis for the regular servicing mandated by their companies... and if you pay attention to the older taxis, and even those around 3-4 year old, you actually see they belching significant amounts of black smoke under hard acceleration... that's just very poor maintenance... to completely eliminate that entails very costly maintenance regimes... not very good for the bottom lines of these taxi companies... LTA has been stepping up enforcement but there're only so many officers you can employ on the road right?

Many are still ignorant on diesel driven engine and still thinks technology has stalled in the 80s.

The reality is that it has not changed all that much... it's still highly polluting, and with the higher operating temperatures of these common rail turbo diesels, and the false sense of security provided by the soot particulate filtration systems or urea based systems, and a really lousy emissions test worldwide, Europe happily plugged diesel due to strong lobbying by VW... and the declaration that this was clean diesel... nope... sorry... it was all marketing and an illusion... there's no way to have your cake and eat it... and that's why diesel is likely on its way out from Europe and also the whole concept of small capacity turbo engines being more efficient... Edited by teomingern
  • Praise 1

Verdict after 6 months driving the C4 Picasso:

Average FC : 17.5km/L

Excellent comfort

Great visibility from driver seat. My front passenger has said that the view machiam inside space shuttle.

Good pickup but sometimes the gear shift can stall on a gear without changing up in the auto mode. Lucky there's pedal shift.

Lots of space for my passengers and boot space is good. 2 big luggage and 2 hand carry, no problem.

Only downside for now is that the cashcard IU is too far front. Lol I got short hands.

Edited by Kazuya
  • Praise 2

Verdict after 6 months driving the C4 Picasso:

Average FC : 17.5km/L

Excellent comfort

Great visibility from driver seat. My front passenger has said that the view machiam inside space shuttle.

Good pickup but sometimes the gear shift can stall on a gear without changing up in the auto mode. Lucky there's pedal shift.

Lots of space for my passengers and boot space is good. 2 big luggage and 2 hand carry, no problem.

Only downside for now is that the cashcard IU is too far front. Lol I got short hands.

Just buy 2 cash cards. 1 permanently in your IU and another for hybrid car park or custom. haha

• Praise 1

Just buy 2 cash cards. 1 permanently in your IU and another for hybrid car park or custom. haha

I was told by the Vicom people the 2nd generation IU will spoil faster if you left the cash card in it when car is always under hot sun. They recommend to remove it after parking the far.

I was told by the Vicom people the 2nd generation IU will spoil faster if you left the cash card in it when car is always under hot sun. They recommend to remove it after parking the far.

Bro, you are referring to IU or cash card? IU how to remove?

Bro, you are referring to IU or cash card? IU how to remove?

The cash card. The IU reader always in contact with the cash card chip and the heat will cause the IU spoil faster.

This is what the Vicom people told me.

Edited by Tohto
↡ Advertisement