Claims Reduced?

Kiario

I was involved in an accident where i hit the rear of the car in front of me when the vehicles in front all jam brake while i failed to do so. No hard feelings with the driver in front as I admitted fault and we exchange particulars and I proceed to ask him to claim from my insurance. All this happen in February this year, I later received a lawyer letter from the other party claiming close to $5k, while my own car claim is $3k.

Fast forward to now when my insurance is due for renewal, I called up my current insurer and was told my claims still no change at $3k but the 3rd party claim reduced to $3.8k.

I was told by my current insurer that they managed to reduce the claim from the other driver after negotiation.

My question is all this possible? I am not complaining of course now that the claim amount had been reduced, just curious how come the claim can be reduced by up to $1k+.

Edited by Kiario
↡ Advertisement

Chances are, the other party over claim leh! Nowadays, even a pencil line stretch also 4 figures, all inflated like siao.

Maybe now, insurance companies finally start to buck up & take action. But seriously, I think claim need to come down by at least 1/2 of the usual claims these day. knock umper only meh, need lawyer meh?

they got a lawyer to sent me letter asking whether I wanna contest the claim or not when i already admit fault [rifle]

↡ Advertisement