Volvo Servicing

Gregwoon

after warranty just go to ur preferred outside workshop.

if ur preferred workshop doesn't stock Volvo filters, etc, either call ahead and ask them to order or u BYO.

Volvo cars are not so special that must go back AD for simple oil change.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Mate, heard abt Gary's Engrg.

What abt Motor Edgevantage? Hv not tried them personally though. 

Tks.

They never bothered to reply to my Direct Messages on Facebook (two separate occasions) asking for a simple quote so i took my biz elsewhere.

BH Auto Services at Sin Ming is also pretty good - just next to Allen.Ryan is a very professional and friendly chap there.

• Praise 1

Haha ð¤¦ð»ââï¸ð¤

Compile lists for Volvo workshop (in alphabetic order):

* Allen motor

* BH Auto

* Gary's Engrg

* Kian Teong Auto

* Motor Edgevantage

* Zenith

Pls add on.. thks

• Praise 1

Compile lists for Volvo workshop (in alphabetic order):

* Allen motor

* BH Auto

* Gary's Engrg

* Kian Teong Auto

* Motor Edgevantage

* Zenith

Pls add on.. thks

Hi anyone tried MTE at  kaki bukit road before? Thanks

• Praise 1

Had a bad experience at Gary's. Maybe bad luck cos it happened when the boss was not there.

I had a bad experience there too for my old car and that was my first visit. Impact was my EO leaked till dry from west till almost east and car stalled late night. But lucky when i called up the boss, he immediately came to assist.
  • Praise 1

i was at Volvo (Wearnes) today to replace the main car battery.

Here's my experience:
- Wearnes told my wifey 2 weeks ago, the support battery was 0%, and the main battery was at 40% after diagnostics,...advised to replace both
- given a quote of $250 (w/o GST) for the main battery. Checked at tyre/battery shops, and decided it was a very competitive quote for that size (DIN70)

- obediently made appointment to replace both batteries at Wearnes. As it turns out when i went to collect car, the support battery checked to be still full (as i have avoided use of the start/stop function)....and the most frustrating was Wearnes say they can't honour the earlier quote of $250 (and charged me $280 instead)

i have all the docs to prove they had quoted the lower price, and they said both batteries needed replacement. 

How can they get such simple things wrong? Where have all those honest-to-goodness workshops & AD gone to?

Here's my experience:
- Wearnes told my wifey 2 weeks ago, the support battery was 0%, and the main battery was at 40% after diagnostics,...advised to replace both
- given a quote of $250 (w/o GST) for the main battery. Checked at tyre/battery shops, and decided it was a very competitive quote for that size (DIN70)

- obediently made appointment to replace both batteries at Wearnes. As it turns out when i went to collect car, the support battery checked to be still full (as i have avoided use of the start/stop function)....and the most frustrating was Wearnes say they can't honour the earlier quote of $250 (and charged me $280 instead)

i have all the docs to prove they had quoted the lower price, and they said both batteries needed replacement. 

How can they get such simple things wrong? Where have all those honest-to-goodness workshops & AD gone to?

Here's my experience:

Here's my experience:

How can they get such simple things wrong? Where have all those honest-to-goodness workshops & AD gone to? [wave]

• Praise 1

Turbocharged
(edited)

My friend had an experience with his Volvo S60. The cigarette lighter was faulty, and they had to dismantle the entire dashboard to fix that.

Bill came up to almost $1K.

Honestly, that's the price to pay for conti cars.

A replacement battery is never expensive to begin with, but the mark up kills.

The position of the battery also plays a part. Eg. 7 series battery is beneath the rear seat.

Edited by Vinceng
  • Praise 1

My friend had an experience with his Volvo S60. The cigarette lighter was faulty, and they had to dismantle the entire dashboard to fix that.

Bill came up to almost $1K.

Honestly, that's the price to pay for conti cars.

A replacement battery is never expensive to begin with, but the mark up kills.

The position of the battery also plays a part. Eg. 7 series battery is beneath the rear seat.

That's just bad design....

Under rear seat???

• Praise 1

I replaced battery at second home once at $250 before gst more than a decade ago. Seem negligible inflation...

• Praise 1

Supersonic

I replaced battery at second home once at $250 before gst more than a decade ago. Seem negligible inflation...

Coz second home oredi priced in a 3rd home a decade ago...lol

Now $250 looks cheap to me coz PA quoted me $620....*fainted*. Maybe they tink it's a tesseract or something

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3