Volvo Servicing

Gregwoon

Hi all! A noob Volvo driver here who just purchase a used 4.5 yr old V40 D2. Iâm looking for recommendations on workshops in the west for servicing. Another question is, many here suggests buying parts on our own - does that mean you send your car to your workshop, ask them check what needs to be replaced, source out the parts yourself, then drive back with the parts and ask the workshop replace for you?

So where do you service your Volvo? Any feedback?
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

So where do you service your Volvo? Any feedback?

Haven’t gone for any yet. Yet to receive any recommendations lol

(edited)

Hi all! A noob Volvo driver here who just purchase a used 4.5 yr old V40 D2. Iâm looking for recommendations on workshops in the west for servicing. Another question is, many here suggests buying parts on our own - does that mean you send your car to your workshop, ask them check what needs to be replaced, source out the parts yourself, then drive back with the parts and ask the workshop replace for you?

Can. I do that with my favourite WS most of the time. I will pay for fair labour. Edited by Volvobrick

My friend had an experience with his Volvo S60. The cigarette lighter was faulty, and they had to dismantle the entire dashboard to fix that.

Bill came up to almost $1K.

Honestly, that's the price to pay for conti cars.

A replacement battery is never expensive to begin with, but the mark up kills.

The position of the battery also plays a part. Eg. 7 series battery is beneath the rear seat.

Omg that is costly, i had mine replaced during the warranty period. Didn't know it iathat costly

My friend had an experience with his Volvo S60. The cigarette lighter was faulty, and they had to dismantle the entire dashboard to fix that.

Bill came up to almost $1K.

Honestly, that's the price to pay for conti cars.

A replacement battery is never expensive to begin with, but the mark up kills.

The position of the battery also plays a part. Eg. 7 series battery is beneath the rear seat.

Omg that is costly, i had mine replaced during the warranty period. Didn't know it iathat costly

hi are there any difference in quality between the china made and previously made in Sweeden Volvo?

如果你懂得原料,比较一些旧的 Model,分别大了, 上个星期试驾 XC 40,60. 还是 Land Rover. Jaquar 比较不严重, 毕竟亚Ne 还是有认同英国, 讲太多不好, 自己留意吧.

If you are unsure if the workshop is telling you the truth, you can always subscribe to Volvo Vida from the Volvo Technical Information Shop. Volvo charges a small fee for access but at least you can verify the information.  

asking for friend.

any recommended ws in the west that familiar with volvo car to do the the timing belt replacement??😊

Edited by Beregond

i checked rates at Wearnes, and they are comparable to the workshops outside. I suggest your friend to check the same. It may be +/- $100 but it is safer to do it at AD.

In fact I received a mail from Wearnes for a discounted 10% off till May this year. 

On 3/12/2021 at 10:24 AM, Beregond said:

asking for friend.

any recommended ws in the west that familiar with volvo car to do the the timing belt replacement??😊

Go back to Wearnes do better. Not much more in terms of price. 

• Praise 1

6 minutes ago, SafeCar said:

any recommendation on where to change Coolant Bleeder hose and Heater Hose for S80?

These are straight forward jobs any WS also can do as long as they get the right parts. 

• Praise 1