Volvo Servicing

Gregwoon

Neutral Newbie

Anyone has any experience with buying used volvo v40 t2 to share? according to sgcarmart i can find plenty from 12-13k annual depreciation. Seeing that a new altis costs 152k.. I thought it's a good time to get one. Is there any catch? According to scotty kilmer it's a good car..

↡ Advertisement

Supersonic
On 4/17/2024 at 10:38 PM, thornythumbtack said:

Anyone has any experience with buying used volvo v40 t2 to share? according to sgcarmart i can find plenty from 12-13k annual depreciation. Seeing that a new altis costs 152k.. I thought it's a good time to get one. Is there any catch? According to scotty kilmer it's a good car..

T2s are fine...cum with Aisin bulletproof 6spd gearbox. Just skip those diesel variants paired with lousy powershift or some say powershix gearbox...

At that steep depre of 12-13k...no Rdesign with Thor hammer headlight no talk for me...well, that's just me...bargain hard on the EOL model...spoiled for choice anyway...good luck with your purchase 

• Praise 2

Supersonic
On 4/18/2024 at 7:29 AM, RadX said:

@Soya whats ur experience w ur vulva and ptsd?

Some Vietnam War veterans stiff suffering from PTSD 

Me too

• Haha! 1

Supersonic

You two donch play scarecrow lah...P3 platform wowo can easily service or repair outside that once a second home to many...for T2s just follow routine service schedule can oredi 😁

• Haha! 3

On 4/18/2024 at 7:44 AM, Soya said:

Some Vietnam War veterans stiff suffering from PTSD 

Me too

image.png.bcc7bd1e0d0169439b503c67e31d9556.png

• Haha! 1

Supersonic
(edited)
On 4/18/2024 at 7:52 AM, RadX said:

image.png.bcc7bd1e0d0169439b503c67e31d9556.png

Unker...it's time to visit your preferred optician...mana ada anjing? 😂

R (11).jpg

Edited by mersaylee
  • Haha! 2

Supersonic
(edited)
On 4/18/2024 at 7:21 AM, mersaylee said:

T2s are fine...cum with Aisin bulletproof 6spd gearbox. Just skip those diesel variants paired with lousy powershift or some say powershix gearbox...

At that steep depre of 12-13k...no Rdesign with Thor hammer headlight no talk for me...well, that's just me...bargain hard on the EOL model...spoiled for choice anyway...good luck with your purchase 

Can confirm the Aisin 6 speeder. Mine still on factory gear fluid and it's half way to SECOND COE renewal.

It's owned by Toyota, what else to expect? 

Edited by Volvobrick
  • Praise 3
  • Shocked 1

Supersonic
On 4/18/2024 at 8:05 AM, Volvobrick said:

Can confirm the Aisin 6 speeder. Mine still on factory gear fluid and it's half way to SECOND COE renewal.

It's owned by Toyota, what else to expect? 

I'd change out the stock oil...i tink yours can still use cheaper Toyota type 4 3309 oil...i hazard a guess 3324 is the new standard...

i don't buy into wowo claim as it's a sealed recycling lifetime oil...oil viscosity and filter have a lifespan...apart from contamination with metal shavings over time...😅

Supersonic
(edited)
On 4/18/2024 at 8:25 AM, mersaylee said:

I'd change out the stock oil...i tink yours can still use cheaper Toyota type 4 3309 oil...i hazard a guess 3324 is the new standard...

i don't buy into wowo claim as it's a sealed recycling lifetime oil...oil viscosity and filter have a lifespan...apart from contamination with metal shavings over time...😅

The fluid change procedure is quite complicated and no confidence my WS can do it properly, thus I would rather leave it especially my annual mileage is very low. Doubt it will even hit 150k at 20 Yr. 

Edited by Volvobrick
  • Haha! 1

Supersonic
On 4/18/2024 at 8:58 AM, Volvobrick said:

The fluid change procedure is quite complicated and no confidence my WS can do it properly, thus I would rather leave it especially my annual mileage is very low. Doubt it will even hit 150k at 20 Yr. 

Many WS are by now well versed with older wowo models...only some of the modules on the SPA/CMA cars need stealership service...with all the locked pin codes and all 😅

• Praise 1

Supersonic
On 4/18/2024 at 7:49 AM, mersaylee said:

You two donch play scarecrow lah...P3 platform wowo can easily service or repair outside that once a second home to many...for T2s just follow routine service schedule can oredi 😁

Lol...proves I'm still affected by PTSD. No need lokler diagnosis 

• Haha! 2

Supersonic

The only complain about volvo is their parts are very expensive. 

Much more expensive then bmw and merc.

Supersonic
On 4/18/2024 at 11:22 AM, Beregond said:

Buy online OK lah. Can even get from TB/Ali if not the usual sources in Europe. My radiator fan from there. I even got rear shock mounts from Azerbaijan! 

• Praise 2

Supersonic
On 4/18/2024 at 11:22 AM, Beregond said:

Must buy models that are also available in China...just need to be careful with RHD and LHD parts...

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1