Would you trade a wish for something bigger?

Darryn

It will depends on what's on your priority list. If you need a bigger car for more passengers but on a budget, why wait?

1. Roadtax for a 3.7 litre would kill me [:(]

2. Current car is super reliable and runs really well, get a used one, what am I buying my way into :huh:

3. Wifey may have problems managing the parking on the Voyager, which is my preferred choice right now

4. Voyager is slloooooow, even in comparison to the already turtlish wish

1. Roadtax for a 3.7 litre would kill me [:(]

2. Current car is super reliable and runs really well, get a used one, what am I buying my way into :huh:

3. Wifey may have problems managing the parking on the Voyager, which is my preferred choice right now

4. Voyager is slloooooow, even in comparison to the already turtlish wish

Look at it this way. It's more cost effective dan you get a 2nd used car. But why Voyager, although it's more spacious? It's not very fuel efficient compared to the other 2 choices.

Look at it this way. It's more cost effective dan you get a 2nd used car. But why Voyager, although it's more spacious? It's not very fuel efficient compared to the other 2 choices.

I like the stow n go, where everything folds flat and away....plus it is noticeably bigger than the others.

For the previa no flat load area, which is a hassle, for the Oddy, although its bigger than the wish, dunno if it is bigger enough to justify the risks and hassles associated with the change....

I like the stow n go, where everything folds flat and away....plus it is noticeably bigger than the others.

For the previa no flat load area, which is a hassle, for the Oddy, although its bigger than the wish, dunno if it is bigger enough to justify the risks and hassles associated with the change....

I get what you mean. Dan Oddy is not for you too cos the 3rd row of seats dun fold away or fold flat. The KIA Sorento would fit your requirements but it's relatively new, so getting a used one is difficult and ex.

I get what you mean. Dan Oddy is not for you too cos the 3rd row of seats dun fold away or fold flat. The KIA Sorento would fit your requirements but it's relatively new, so getting a used one is difficult and ex.

Yeah it does...the third row folds flat, got the electric fold summor, and can also split fold.....2nd row fold close to flat, which is good enough for my needs. Definitely the Oddy is the best driver of the three.....

Depends how much space & how often the space is needed. Rented a Tarago ( Previa in S'pore) for my road trip in Victoria. The space is really very attractive & comfortable. U can almost walk within the car...But in S'pore, it'll be under utilised 3/4 of the time, at least for me...The full size MPV is easier than expected to handle, juz a matter of getting used to.

I don't know your exact requirements, but I was really impressed with the Citroen Grand C4 Picasso I bought it on the spot.

1.6 turbo, semi-auto, curved panoramic roof, etc. quite a good package.

flat folding 2nd and 3rd row, and plenty of little niceties here and there.

Edited by Yattokame

Yeah it does...the third row folds flat, got the electric fold summor, and can also split fold.....2nd row fold close to flat, which is good enough for my needs. Definitely the Oddy is the best driver of the three.....

I know cos my old man's previous car is an Oddy. I dun like the 3rd row of seats(small legroom) and the electric folding thingy takes ages to fold. Does not feel totally flat. I find that there are a lot of compromises for an MPV for the Oddy.

I don't know your exact requirements, but I was really impressed with the Citroen Grand C4 Picasso I bought it on the spot.

1.6 turbo, semi-auto, curved panoramic roof, etc. quite a good package.

flat folding 2nd and 3rd row, and plenty of little niceties here and there.

Honestly Yatto San, I took one for a test drive some time ago, personally didn't like the seating position, also the size is comparable to the Wish. But I do agree that the packaging is impressive, and I love the personality of Citreon - I can understand an Alfisti going for that French design langauge.

For your needs, I was actually going to ask you to buy a Q5 when I was reading your earlier posts....but then I saw you had already got the Citreon...

Since when are MPVs fast? :huh:

Its all relative dude....the Wish I can still keep up ok, for the Voyager its dead slow, as are some of the Koreans.....Borneo are now going to bring in the 2 litre spec CVT wish, took a look at the 1.8 the other day...but in the world of 40k COE when I paid 10k only for mine would be a tough ask to change to another wish...

Its all relative dude....the Wish I can still keep up ok, for the Voyager its dead slow, as are some of the Koreans.....Borneo are now going to bring in the 2 litre spec CVT wish, took a look at the 1.8 the other day...but in the world of 40k COE when I paid 10k only for mine would be a tough ask to change to another wish...

If you don't really need the extra space, then just stick with the Wish. That's my advice for you.

If you don't really need the extra space, then just stick with the Wish. That's my advice for you.

Hee...thats the thing, I DO need the extra space...now a normal day going out we are six pax...plus the baby chair, if shopping space is at a real premium now. And then we do at times carry 7 pax (and this is also not rare)...if 7 pax cannot take baby chair [:(]

If not for the gross cost of cars in SG I would have changed oreddy....

So this is really just a thread where I am trying to talk myself out of wanting a bigger car.... [blush]

Hee...thats the thing, I DO need the extra space...now a normal day going out we are six pax...plus the baby chair, if shopping space is at a real premium now. And then we do at times carry 7 pax (and this is also not rare)...if 7 pax cannot take baby chair [:(]

If not for the gross cost of cars in SG I would have changed oreddy....

So this is really just a thread where I am trying to talk myself out of wanting a bigger car.... [blush]

wow.. full load ah.. ok, so the Wish won't be enough for your space requirements. You need a bigger car [laugh]

wow.. full load ah.. ok, so the Wish won't be enough for your space requirements. You need a bigger car [laugh]

Either that or a smaller family :D[laugh]

Its times like this that I feel an attraction for the Lotus Elise - a two seater, so no arguments, take out Ai-Ren can oreddy... [wave]

↡ Advertisement