Any feedback on Quotz?

Karoon

Selling my car and thought of doing it through Quotz.

How do you find their bids and efficiency?

And since theyre a sponsor, if its really -ve, pm me pls.

Thanks!

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Thanks!

hi im using Quotz second time. the first time was pleasant, they test run and settle at the final auction price. As for my second time, i find myself not comfortable with the situation where he find fault with my engine noise and display LCD which i find it is within acceptable range but seem to be forced to a corner to sell at lower price due to my urgency to sell my car because of COE and insurance renewal is days away.

i think i made a wrong decision today. :(

so sad......

• Praise 1

hi im using Quotz second time. the first time was pleasant, they test run and settle at the final auction price. As for my second time, i find myself not comfortable with the situation where he find fault with my engine noise and display LCD which i find it is within acceptable range but seem to be forced to a corner to sell at lower price due to my urgency to sell my car because of COE and insurance renewal is days away.

i think i made a wrong decision today. :(

so sad......

test run before the final auction price? hmm....i didn't know they do that.

I thought the bidding is done all without physically seeing/touching/driving the car.

• Praise 1

bro,

try trade assist better. No sale, no charge!

Quotz need to pay $100 admin fee if i not wrong.

oh is that so?

Thanks!

Since just a bunch of dealers bidding for your car, don't expect it to be above market value...

• Praise 1

$100 up front... If no sale they will return the $100 to you...

Not true, the $100 admin fee is non-refundable.

But compared to the high price of cars, $100 spent on getting a feel of the car value is worth it.

In times like this, when COE prices are high, can even sell car at breakeven or profit.

Not true, the $100 admin fee is non-refundable.

But compared to the high price of cars, $100 spent on getting a feel of the car value is worth it.

In times like this, when COE prices are high, can even sell car at breakeven or profit.

Is it? The lady I called said this to me... Maybe it's a trick to get people to pay up first and show some fine print later...

But I decided to sell it myself as this is just a bunch of dealers quoting so not much diff as compared to me approaching a few dealers directly...

Is it? The lady I called said this to me... Maybe it's a trick to get people to pay up first and show some fine print later...

But I decided to sell it myself as this is just a bunch of dealers quoting so not much diff as compared to me approaching a few dealers directly...

What she probably meant to say was that if you can sell your car at a price higher than their highest bid (within xx days), u can get the $100 back.

What she probably meant to say was that if you can sell your car at a price higher than their highest bid (within xx days), u can get the $100 back.

Oh... I came across their ad when I wanted to post my car on sgcarmart so decided to give them a call... Maybe I had a mindset liao after I heard her saying that only dealers are bidding for it...

Neutral Newbie

Hi,

I had just sold my car through Quotz and managed to fetch a much higher value than what other dealers and trade-ins gave me.

The process was also quite smooth.

First you go to Quotz where the person will take pictures of your car. After that they will put your car up for bidding for about 2-3 days.

Once the successful bid is closed, the dealer will contact you directly to arrange for handover etc.

The experience for me was quite good.

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

The refund of $100 is only if you can find another dealer which willing to buy your car at 1% higher than the auction closing price.

In my opinion, it is a good concept that provide seller a place when he/she can get "quote" from many dealer instead of the seller doing "door-to-door sales"

However, like all online bidding systems, there is a downside which is often exploited which benefit the buyers, for Quotz case, the dealer.

The bidding has a duration, and to avoid bidding war which will be of disadvantage to the bidders, everyone will wait until the last minute before submitting their bid which they feel will beat the rest while still having a good profit margin. Almost like fastest finger first.

Although Quotz masked off the countdown 5mins before the bidding end, it isn't too difficult to get a good estimation on when the bidding will close. Even if they estimate wrongly, what do they have to lose? This eventually to make the system to be more at the interest of the dealers.

The sellers on the other hand, have their cars sitting there waiting for the bare minimal bids which the dealers are 'gambling' on.

A way to get around the above to add more interest to the seller will be to extend the closing time by another 5 mins each time a bid is submitted. This will give other dealers who have genuine interest in the seller's car to reconsider and submit a higher bid price.

I am a user of Quotz myself, and above is personal opinion and feedback. I feel Quotz is a good concept and provide people like me the convenience in selling my car. However, human nature in exploiting loophole and the bodding system makes it less desirable. At least for me, until there are changes in place to benefit the seller more, I'm afraid that will be my only time which I will use the service.

• Praise 1

I am a user of Quotz myself, and above is personal opinion and feedback. I feel Quotz is a good concept and provide people like me the convenience in selling my car. However, human nature in exploiting loophole and the bodding system makes it less desirable. At least for me, until there are changes in place to benefit the seller more, I'm afraid that will be my only time which I will use the service.

anyone wonder why the bidding is only meant for dealers?? To make it more transparent . the bidding should be open up to Private buyers.. seriously looking at the transacted price.. i dont mind even to top up 1-2k more than dealer to get the car..

However i know the operators will not consider this.. why.. simple.. .. bulk of the ads placed are from car dealers.. and not pte buyers.. especially when most private buyers are so savy.. The revenue is restricted to the $100 bucks per car to sell thru quotz... with the dealers its defintely more with the ad income .. my 2 observations.

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Too be fair, the dealers are buying in the cars purely based on the input from Quotz. The staff are not really technical and their assessment are mostly the physical condition of the car.

The price indeed is attractive like what you said. However, will you seriously willing to even match the price to buy the car without even seeing the car itself (not even hear or smell too). No test drive etc.

I didn't sell mine as I wasn't really satisfied with the offer so I didn't get a chance to proceed further. Not sure if the dealer will access the car the 2nd time and try to cut his/her initial offer or not.

↡ Advertisement