Time needed to reach Genting

Vega

Turbocharged

may i know how long it takes from SG to reach Genting by car. no speeding. just following legal street speed.

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged

thanks mate! when coming down from Genting, is it better to use engine brake to slow the car or normal braking will do?

thanks mate! when coming down from Genting, is it better to use engine brake to slow the car or normal braking will do?

engine brake for steep slopes

There are a lot of sign remind driver to change to lower gear. If you don't use engine brake, you will cook your brake pad.

of cos must use engine break la. I put gear 2 without applying brakes at all it can reach 4k rpm without any throttle.

Gear 2 can get u down all the way and u still need to use the brakes at turns.

There are a lot of sign remind driver to change to lower gear. If you don't use engine brake, you will cook your brake pad.

*remove*

Edited by Itsec

will the engine oil heat up badly and do i need to do any cooling down along the way?

I usually just monitor the engine coolant temp gage. If the operating temp is within the safe zone, then all is well, no need for cooling down.

will the engine oil heat up badly and do i need to do any cooling down along the way?

Depends on the condition of your car. Newer cars would not have a major problem cruising at 110km/h for an hour or two. It is actually less stressing on the car than normal SGP driving condition since you would be stopping for breaks every hour or so.

Select lower gears (watever is behind the 'D') for driving up, switch off OD. 2nd or 3rd Gear would be optimal for most cars.

Select low gear for driving down, switch off OD. Use engine brake, you dun want to cook your brake fluid. Use your brakes intermittenly.

Select low gear for driving down, switch off OD. Use engine brake, you dun want to cook your brake fluid. Use your brakes intermittenly.

Agreed, use engine brake all the way - it is ok for the engine to have higher revs (3~4K, not redline lah) all the way..

I would use foot brake to reduce speed to the corner entry speed, then release brake and cruise over (not accelerate with gas pedal)

Takes some practice, but IMHO- this cornering approach is safer with more grip.

Prolonged use of foot brake will reduce the stopping effect.. especially when you really needed it.

Drive safe and have a good trip.

No, you shouldn't face any issues unless you are running at 5-6K RPM throughout the entire journey.

If crusing at just 110-140KM/H. You won't face any problems with overheating even for 500-600KM/H (petrol tank dry up). The car is designed to do that.

usually from sg custom if road smooth can reach in 3.5hrs..... just be careful of polis dogs

Not recommended to do that especially traveling with family. Safety first.

usually from sg custom if road smooth can reach in 3.5hrs..... just be careful of polis dogs

be careful of polis coffin van instead if you want to reach in 3.5hrs :D

Depends on the condition of your car. Newer cars would not have a major problem cruising at 110km/h for an hour or two. It is actually less stressing on the car than normal SGP driving condition since you would be stopping for breaks every hour or so.

Select lower gears (watever is behind the 'D') for driving up, switch off OD. 2nd or 3rd Gear would be optimal for most cars.

I tried that using low gear switch between 2nd or 3rd but the car stop in the middle of the hill :o :o

Still to D all the is fine...

↡ Advertisement