Sign...............netbook bat not charging.

Tianmo

any bro can help?

netbook not charging the bat. this happen afew days back, change the fuse, and it was ok for a while, than not charging again, could it be some wire loosen somewhere?

Any IT hardware guru can help me with some tips?

Thank you.

↡ Advertisement

You mentioned you changed the fuse before? Was there a trip that caused it to burn out?

Could be your power supply on your motherboard is blown? Best bring it down a shop to get it checked.

If still under warranty, just send it in for replacement.

You mentioned you changed the fuse before? Was there a trip that caused it to burn out?

Could be your power supply on your motherboard is blown? Best bring it down a shop to get it checked.

If still under warranty, just send it in for replacement.

no trip leh. I changed the fuse because that was the cheapest to start with (hoping for the cheap way out).

warranty over liao lor, if not I would have just took it to the AD. [:(]

Hi there, have been using a netbook for 2 years plus.

here is what you can do.

1.) Take out the battery and attempt to boot up on AC power.

This will tell you whether the battery or the AC supply is the culprit.

2.) If the computer boots and operate fine in 1, try borrowing a battery and see whether this new one charges.

3.) If the new one does in 2 and the old battery doesn't then it is time to change your battery.

If the new one doesn't as well, then i think the problem might not be the AC supply. The AC supply refers to the transformer (AC/DC rectifying block, the whole cable thing) What you might be saddled with, is an issue with the inverter component on your motherboard.

Now this one will be tricky because repair shops will typically charge you about 50 to 100 for the job. Alternatively you can google your netbook and obtain the part no. for the power inverter. It is possible to DIY, dismantle and solder on your own power inverter.

Possible that your battery is gone liao. Can it hold any charge at all before you discovered it was not charging ?

no bro, think not bat problem.

Hi there, have been using a netbook for 2 years plus.

here is what you can do.

1.) Take out the battery and attempt to boot up on AC power.

This will tell you whether the battery or the AC supply is the culprit.

2.) If the computer boots and operate fine in 1, try borrowing a battery and see whether this new one charges.

3.) If the new one does in 2 and the old battery doesn't then it is time to change your battery.

If the new one doesn't as well, then i think the problem might not be the AC supply. The AC supply refers to the transformer (AC/DC rectifying block, the whole cable thing) What you might be saddled with, is an issue with the inverter component on your motherboard.

Now this one will be tricky because repair shops will typically charge you about 50 to 100 for the job. Alternatively you can google your netbook and obtain the part no. for the power inverter. It is possible to DIY, dismantle and solder on your own power inverter.

oh no!

like that looks like AC supply problem liao. I took out the bat, and run ac supply direct, computer does not boots. [:(]

Thanks bro.

go SLQ 2nd level,corner shop behind front shops,selling laptop adapter,got oem and orginial 1 about 30plus to 70 plus...warranty 1 months...got chio bu to see also

go SLQ 2nd level,corner shop behind front shops,selling laptop adapter,got oem and orginial 1 about 30plus to 70 plus...warranty 1 months...got chio bu to see also

oh............ok, will go take a look in the next few days, looks like no other choice liao.

thanks bro [:)] er................2 thanks, 1 for the shop and 1 for the chio bu! [laugh]

oh............ok, will go take a look in the next few days, looks like no other choice liao.

thanks bro [:)] er................2 thanks, 1 for the shop and 1 for the chio bu! [laugh]

Do try take a photo of the chio bu and share here. [laugh]

↡ Advertisement