Very minor accident, would you claim?

Expertz

supposing while driving in heavy traffic you get rear ended by another car and the impact is minor but it still can be felt

you come out of your vehicle to inspect and found no damage to his vehicle and minor paint chip on your rear bumper

would you attempt to push your luck and claim for respray of the whole bumper? there IS paint chip afterall and most definitely it is the other party's fault for tailgating anyway.

or would you just let it pass afterall the paint chip is minimal and probably a car polish might remove the chip

also if you reply no claim, if you hit somebody else in the exact same scenario, do you think that others will push their luck and try to claim against you instead?

↡ Advertisement

have to see if the person who bang from behind is nice or not. fierce guy who come out singing his expletives. then fark him! if lady... see chio or not. chio can ask phone number and call her out for "discussion". :D

Edited by Vid

for me, i will see the person's character... if the person who rear end me comes out and started to get nasty or tok in a very rude tone, dan i will juz say take out ur i/c and we exchange particulars plus phone number... period...

i will claim till he cry...

It's getting to be a classic case of Prisoners Dilema, when it comes to such accidents in Singapore lately.

U report..and go to workshop to do repairs......you kena higher premiums next year.

U never report...the other party claim against you, you also LAN LAN.

U report...but never claim....INS co may say you are a careless driver and charge u higher premiums next year.

Very very headache to be in such small accidents.

look at the other way round, if im the the culprit who bang into the car infront, i will be more worried if you laugh laugh here and there and tell me you not going to claim andy cents.

if you dont claim and if I ask you to write a idemtity letter stating that you will not claim against me? Would you write/sign it?

most of the victim will not write the idenmity letter and will even tell the party OFF by saying you dont trust me and making the victim blood boils.

Rather than the victim go back home and the relative/colleague/family member ask him/her to claim me deep deep.

I would rather pay a minimal amount S$50 to S$500 kopi $ and get in return of a idenmity letter.

Play safe rather than worry for the next 6 months.

That's my view.

look at the other way round, if im the the culprit who bang into the car infront, i will be more worried if you laugh laugh here and there and tell me you not going to claim andy cents.

if you dont claim and if I ask you to write a idemtity letter stating that you will not claim against me? Would you write/sign it?

most of the victim will not write the idenmity letter and will even tell the party OFF by saying you dont trust me and making the victim blood boils.

Rather than the victim go back home and the relative/colleague/family member ask him/her to claim me deep deep.

I would rather pay a minimal amount S$50 to S$500 kopi $ and get in return of a idenmity letter.

Play safe rather than worry for the next 6 months.

That's my view.

lol i got banged behind last friday and i told the guy that the scratches are so minor, want to spray also very expensive so forget it

but i'll just report to my insurance just incase

he tell me back no need to report at all, he's not going to report at all either

then i thought, what if he reports and say i purposely ebrake for no reason then how?

being the victim i also scared... haha!

[:p] 2 case where by i kena hit on the side when i am going straight on main road and the other vehicle hit my rear side when they come out from small road

1st case: fella loaded. son 1 car, father 1 car.. son hit me. son uncle say my fault cuz i in yellow box.. i say dun talk nonsense.. light was green of cuz i go straight. and my fren noticed, son was on the phone. super pissed. i say AD quote me 3k if not forget it. i just tell TP say saw your son use phone, P plate somemore. they deny, true or not let TP decide lor... they relented

next day went to office ask me why dun go his workshop do.. he is a highranking fella in one of the car insurance company.. i say nope!then he start to bargain... i say dun waste time... i got exam tmr... and my future is more important than your 3k... managed to received 3k cash. no insurance claim

2) case: lorry hit me, came out was very sorry... keep say paiseh, he too tired... i told him nvm lar.... i dun claim him.. he was very thankful.

my car came to a stop

i look at rear mirror squeeze my pimple

then i thought the car in front moved

so i did

rear end her

i came out almost want to cry and lao kui kor

she let me go

[:p] 2 case where by i kena hit on the side when i am going straight on main road and the other vehicle hit my rear side when they come out from small road

1st case: fella loaded. son 1 car, father 1 car.. son hit me. son uncle say my fault cuz i in yellow box.. i say dun talk nonsense.. light was green of cuz i go straight. and my fren noticed, son was on the phone. super pissed. i say AD quote me 3k if not forget it. i just tell TP say saw your son use phone, P plate somemore. they deny, true or not let TP decide lor... they relented

next day went to office ask me why dun go his workshop do.. he is a highranking fella in one of the car insurance company.. i say nope!then he start to bargain... i say dun waste time... i got exam tmr... and my future is more important than your 3k... managed to received 3k cash. no insurance claim

what was the damage in this case?

also did you notify your insurance co just in case?

My first case at MYS, hit my bumper and KNN they say "nevermind la, small matter la" to me. I claim him using 3rd party and got $100 back

2) case: lorry hit me, came out was very sorry... keep say paiseh, he too tired... i told him nvm lar.... i dun claim him.. he was very thankful.

Singapore Checkpoint from MYS, hit my bumper and say "very sorry", I tell him nevermind and drove off

3) G.area.... she say "never mind la" but I say "yes I mind". She ask how about a trade and I say ok lor, what you can offer me? Let your mind go wild abit

3) G.area.... she say "never mind la" but I say "yes I mind". She ask how about a trade and I say ok lor, what you can offer me? Let your mind go wild abit

she gave you a fist? [:p]

what was the damage in this case?

also did you notify your insurance co just in case?

both damage at the side... never go repair so duno how much.... both different cars

did not notify insurance

↡ Advertisement