Car battery lifespan getting shorter?

Kelpie

On 10/10/2020 at 4:25 PM, Dantanps said:

I am using AGM batt 80 din . do you think can use Amaron Pro? 

If got start/stop, better stick with AGM

↡ Advertisement

On 10/10/2020 at 4:25 PM, Dantanps said:

I am using AGM batt 80 din . do you think can use Amaron Pro? 

Amaron does not have din80, only din100.

If your engine have stop/start function better to use AGM or EFB. Hoppecke has both types in different sizes.

• Praise 1

20 minutes ago, Kb27 said:

If your engine have stop/start function better to use AGM or EFB. Hoppecke has both types in different sizes.

Just curious.. if my car does have Start Stop BUT i never use it (as in off whenever I drive) still necessary to use AGM/EFB?

34 minutes ago, Ody_2004 said:

Just curious.. if my car does have Start Stop BUT i never use it (as in off whenever I drive) still necessary to use AGM/EFB?

Yes...or else may have Battery Charge Light lit up.

• Praise 1

36 minutes ago, Ody_2004 said:

Just get one with EFB bro. The difference in price is not much from normal MF battery.

• Praise 1

5 hours ago, Ody_2004 said:

Theoretically, you don't need AGM/EFB, since your car will be driven like normal. The battery is used once to start engine, until end of trip.

It is with multiple stop/start that the concern is normal battery may fail earlier. EFB was produced to counter this by having thicker lead plates. But then again different brands have different qualities, so it's hard to compare apples and oranges.

But the most stress on battery is actually during a cold start. Once the engine is warmed up, operational temp, starting/re-starting engine takes less stress on the battery. So stop/start engine may not necessary double/triple the wear on battery.

• Praise 2

7 hours ago, Kb27 said:

Theoretically, you don't need AGM/EFB, since your car will be driven like normal. The battery is used once to start engine, until end of trip.

It is with multiple stop/start that the concern is normal battery may fail earlier. EFB was produced to counter this by having thicker lead plates. But then again different brands have different qualities, so it's hard to compare apples and oranges.

But the most stress on battery is actually during a cold start. Once the engine is warmed up, operational temp, starting/re-starting engine takes less stress on the battery. So stop/start engine may not necessary double/triple the wear on battery.

For Mazda Cars,yes,you could use a Normal Battery,but everyday there will be a Warning Message in the Dash,you will not like it.

• Praise 2

Just wondering why nobody mentions Odyssey battery. I used to have a car which was seldom driven...it lasted even after I sold the car 5 years later...

10 minutes ago, Palin said:

Just wondering why nobody mentions Odyssey battery. I used to have a car which was seldom driven...it lasted even after I sold the car 5 years later...

Expensive mah.... but good. 

6 hours ago, Palin said:

Odyssey.?My Brother in Law's Battery gone after 14 Months.,,,Seldom Drive.? Battery even die faster.