Car battery lifespan getting shorter?

Kelpie

Talking about battery, I realized those dry cell batteries these days lifespan getting shorter and don't last as long as before. It seems like I'm changing battery like once a year.

Recently, the AD advised me that the battery voltage low already, time to change a new one.

Wonder should I switch to those need to top-up battery liquid type? Heard from friends that they tend to laster longer.

So whats your experience with car battery these days?

Regards

↡ Advertisement

Same here. My car battery, less than one year-old, had to be replaced. Luckily still under warranty.

Battery got warranty one meh?

You mean they replace it FOC?

Regards,

Battery got warranty one meh?

You mean they replace it FOC?

Regards,

I think battery that you buy from the shop will give u a one-year warranty. Even a brand new car will also provide a one-year warranty for the stock battery. My stock battery just passed the 2 year mark and is still strong. During my last servicing early this month, my mechanic checked the battery condition with a battery tester and found it in excellent condition. Btw, I am using a nanopulser for the battery.

Edited by Redstorm

I suspect its an old stock issue. Alot of sellers have stock up on batteries before the price increases and thus means alot of old stock. When they don't recharge the battery and just transfer it to consumer, the lifespan is definately an issue.

What to do, want cheap then problem. Expensive, then complain and don't buy...aiyah, why so much problem. Lol.

I feel this day the automotive battery needs battery maintainces - i do charge & recondition my batteries regularly. I find that they last longer at 3-4 years for a good grade battery & 2-3 years for a poorer grade unit. do read further here - www.ctek.com & www.batteryuniversity.com

I feel this day the automotive battery needs battery maintainces - i do charge & recondition my batteries regularly. I find that they last longer at 3-4 years for a good grade battery & 2-3 years for a poorer grade unit. do read further here - www.ctek.com & www.batteryuniversity.com

I must be buying lousy grade battery [laugh]. The stock one lasted slightly more than a year. The replacement lasted also slightly over a year and a half.

Funny, I thought the battery is actually "self-charged", why need an additional battery charger? Now make me wonder if this is a car design issue or driving behaviour matter?

Regards,

I think battery that you buy from the shop will give u a one-year warranty. Even a brand new car will also provide a one-year warranty for the stock battery. My stock battery just passed the 2 year mark and is still strong. During my last servicing early this month, my mechanic checked the battery condition with a battery tester and found it in excellent condition. Btw, I am using a nanopulser for the battery.

No leh, our AD only give 6 months for stock battery.

Regards,

my last few batteries all also last 1 year only. maybe is becos the weather getting hotter, or the batteries getting lousier, somemore i drive both long and short distances. thats why nowadays i kiasu, battery one year old i quickly change to prevent breakdown. the worse is it doesnt have any sign beforehand. thays why when i hear people say their batteries can last 2 years, i am surprised.

Edited by Vextan

Toyota gives their in-house battery 2 year warranty.I just got mine change during one of the servicing free.It lasted me 1year 6 months or so before I felt it is like failing.

Mine just past the 2 year mark, just did a check at one of the workshop and they say its still very healthy. I think it depends on how much you drive. I clock about an average of 100km/day on working days, and most of the time one trip clocks around 30km. If base on the books I studied back than, its like what the other bros mention, my battery is better charged everyday compare to others who do short trip driving.

Talking about battery, I realized those dry cell batteries these days lifespan getting shorter and don't last as long as before. It seems like I'm changing battery like once a year.

Recently, the AD advised me that the battery voltage low already, time to change a new one.

Wonder should I switch to those need to top-up battery liquid type? Heard from friends that they tend to laster longer.

So whats your experience with car battery these days?

Regards

Bro, do you have ICE in your car?

Stuff like amps, woofers etc....

aiyoh....how do earn a living if battery manufacturers produce a long lasting battery for vehicles....for those who want a long lasting battery, pls enlighten.....

i want to know how u can "feel" that the battery is healthy...

my green Amoron also just past 2 year mark, still feel healthy

↡ Advertisement