Hyundai Verna GDI+6spd started accepting orders in Korea!!

Caddilac

Neutral Newbie

8d30dd225e1c23e67f40683a7aacdcaf.jpg

Hyundai has begun accepting orders for the all-new redesigned Accent in its home market of South Korea today, ahead of its official sales launch on November 1st. For the new generation, Hyundai is bringing back the Accent nameplate for the Korean market after having supplanted it with the Verna moniker since 1999.

Hyundai is marketing the new Accent as a "premium compact" sedan, and is packing an expansive list of amenities and technologies to back such an audacious claim. For one, the Accent is the first in its class to bring six airbags standard across the range. Active front headrests and rear parking assist are also standard equipment in the new Accent. Also available is Vehicle Stability Management (VSM), or Hyundai's way of calling electronic stability control.

The highlight of the new Hyundai Accent, however, is found under the hood where an all-new 1.6-liter GDI Gamma four-cylinder engine resides. It produces a class-leading 140 PS (138 horsepower) and 122 lbs.ft of torque, and achieves equally segment-topping fuel economy figures of 16.7 km/L (40 US MPG) thanks to a 6-speed automatic transmission mated to the engine. A smaller 1.4L MPI Gamma four-cylinder engine is also available.

The new Accent also boasts the largest interior room in its class, thanks to increased dimensions in all aspects (4370mm length x 1700m width x 1455mm height). The wheelbase has also augmented by 70mm from its predecessor to 2570mm.

↡ Advertisement

They should confine the Verna/Accent in the sub-compact category so they are overall well-represented in all categories. I am not sure whether by making the Verna a compact, they will be cannibalising potential sales of i30/Avante or not.

This new Verna with its 1.4/1.6L engine is still in the same segment as the old Verna. The Avante with it 1.6/2.0L engine is still one step above it..in terms of market representation its still the same what..

I have to say that the Japanese is being outclassed in the mass market segment...although the Koreans still haven't gone into the high-performance segment full-force as the Genesis coupe is only meant for the US market, its only a matter of time..

This is my most hated model of passenger car on the road.

Always slow and hogging lanes. Maybe cause its always driven by elderly pple

This new Verna with its 1.4/1.6L engine is still in the same segment as the old Verna. The Avante with it 1.6/2.0L engine is still one step above it..in terms of market representation its still the same what..

I have to say that the Japanese is being outclassed in the mass market segment...although the Koreans still haven't gone into the high-performance segment full-force as the Genesis coupe is only meant for the US market, its only a matter of time..

Recent new nippon cars doesn't give me the wow effect but kimchi does... Very likely my next ride is going to be a kimchi... [:p]

Regardless of whether elderly ppl driving it, if it's a 1.4L, the old model is underpowered, so of cos slow lah.

Turbocharged

All that is about to change.

with 140bhp and 152nm for a 1.6l engine..... not only will it eat the vios/city segment, it might eat into the altis/lancer segment.

The shape ain't that bad...in fact it looks very "moddable" in the looks department. I can imagine those side skirts, CF kits, and with lower coils...The the aftermarket portion, this could be the TRUE SUCESSOR of the Hyundai Getz

Too bad now car prices are so exp....

Edited by Pocus

I happen to be driving a Verna, I dun see it being underpowered.. Im driving a 1.6 though..

Elderly people? LOL.. I seldom see elderly people driving it sia.. Serious..

Anyways, road hogging or wad, it's not the car make, but the driver.. A ferrari can road hog also wad, if the driver chooses to..