Frequency of remote control

Kianbeng

Hi all,

Does anyone know the permissible / common frequencies used in our car alarms remote control in Singapore? I believe maybe 315MHz and 433MHz? I checked IDA website and it seems like from 250 to 450 all are permissible. But whats the common ranges here?

I'm also looking for a frequency meter. Just saw one for $20 but even the seller was telling me the accuracy is very bad and it appeared very plasticky. If anyone knows where to get a cheap/good one, please advise.

Thanks.

↡ Advertisement

I think you can only get it online. I dun think it's legal to sell a frequency scanner here in sgp cos this is what car-jackers use to break into cars and other stuff which uses remote radio frequency.

I've seen many shops here having it. You need to place your remote close to it for it to find out the frequency. But it only tells the frequency your remote is transmitting, not the code.

I believe the frequency scanner you mentioned, is one that can detect the frequency in the air and also capture the code used.....

Actually I only want to know what is our range of frequencies permitted for vehicle remote controls. So I was thinking if I can't find this, maybe it's easier to just borrow/get one of the freq meters and test all the remote controls I have at home.

↡ Advertisement