Free/Cheap parking near Singapore Expo

Parkingidiot

Sorry if this has been asked before and answered - but I did a search and could not find...

Can anyone help to share info about cheap or free whole day parking near Singapore Expo - I need to attend a 2 day seminar, and need to drive and park near there.

Thanks in advance.

↡ Advertisement

got.. very near mrt got those logistics coy that stretch u can park. but of cos got risk cos heavy vehicles coming in and out

not free on weekday morning, need to tear coupon one

was looking at the Signature building on the ma... seems they have relatively cheap parking:

Time Mon - Sat

6am - 8am $0.50 per 1/2 hr

8am - 9am Free

9am - 12pm $0.50 per 1/2 hr

12pm - 2pm Free

2pm - 10pm $0.50 per 1/2 hr

So if park from 9am to 5pm - the cost should be about 6 bucks a day. Which seems reasonable.

Is it walking distance from the Expo? On the map seems not really far.. but not sure.. anyone work around there can confirm?

Or any other better place to recommend?

post-16604-1287585856_thumb.jpg

Seems on the other side of the map - there is a street called Sunbird Ave - a private estate. Can park there? Broken white line on middle of 2 way street, and one side has double yellow - can park on the other side without double yellow? The gothere street view shows cars already parked there - seems ok. And free, somemore! But open air - dunno how safe from birds and leaves, etc...

post-16604-1287586542_thumb.jpg

Its only for 2 days......jus park at Spore Expo. [:p]

dude.. it'll cost about $16-20 bucks a day to park there .. no harm looking for elcheapo parking - can use the $$ save for a few days petrol...

Neutral Newbie

bro... nt true that it costs 16 to 20.

i rmb that time i got exam at expo. there is a cap at dunno how much.

dunno issit 13bucks.

the way i see it, it is worth the money becoz of the nt so efficient transfer of mrt at tanah merah, time is saved. but u need to use money to exchange for that time.

and also even if u take mrt, it is nt that cheap.

so factoring in the costs of mrt and travelling time, the money u saved from nt driving there is nt enough for a meal at expo area? :P just my fren's analogy for driving vs mrt.

bro... nt true that it costs 16 to 20.

i rmb that time i got exam at expo. there is a cap at dunno how much.

dunno issit 13bucks.

the way i see it, it is worth the money becoz of the nt so efficient transfer of mrt at tanah merah, time is saved. but u need to use money to exchange for that time.

and also even if u take mrt, it is nt that cheap.

so factoring in the costs of mrt and travelling time, the money u saved from nt driving there is nt enough for a meal at expo area? :P just my fren's analogy for driving vs mrt.

What you say is true, bro. I am just thinking - saving the 13 or 16 bucks - and park for free, say at the ITE or the pte estate - and walk to the expo (not take MRT) cos from the map is less than 1km away - should be about 5-10mins walk only. Dunno if feasible. Maybe 1st day try this method - if not so good, 2nd day just park at the Expo, and save the walk... [:p]

But after that can do a field report here and advise everyone - in case next computer or car exhibition at the Expo, and more MCF bro want to go - can use as guide for best parking locations... [thumbsup]

hmm I remember I parked for free about a year back near Expo there, visiting the Metro sale or Robinson sale...is somewhere near there, a big building with fountain in front (cant remember the name). There's a gantry and initially I tot needa pay but when exit is free! Needa walk about 10mins though... [cool]

park at ITE no way as the security will screen you before allowing you to enter.

can park at simei carpark near simei mrt, park & ride scheme only $3 per day, take mrt transfer to expo.

Neutral Newbie

Seems on the other side of the map - there is a street called Sunbird Ave - a private estate. Can park there? Broken white line on middle of 2 way street, and one side has double yellow - can park on the other side without double yellow? The gothere street view shows cars already parked there - seems ok. And free, somemore! But open air - dunno how safe from birds and leaves, etc...

I was thinking of suggesting there too. Your picture helps a lot also.

park at ITE no way as the security will screen you before allowing you to enter.

can park at simei carpark near simei mrt, park & ride scheme only $3 per day, take mrt transfer to expo.

ITE can park... just tell security guard u going the restaurant inside... then cross overhead bridge to expo

ITE can park... just tell security guard u going the restaurant inside... then cross overhead bridge to expo

Wait the security guard found out how come u r inside the restaurant for whole day doing wht?! [laugh]

↡ Advertisement