Safe Overtaking

Kelpie

Hi all,

Wanna know whether this is considered safe overtaking:

1. At lane 1, Car A in front is traveling at around 90~100 and there is wide gap in front (about 5~6 cars length).

2. Car B behind Car A wanted to overtake.

3. So Car B, move to Lane 2 and overtake Car A at Lane 1 easily without even stepping on brake. Turn Right signal was given.

4. Car A then high beamed and horned at Car B persistently.

So Should Car B feel guilty?

Regards,

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged

If i am Car B, i will sign right while still behind Car A. if he still dont move, i will execute what you just mention.

Hi all,

Wanna know whether this is considered safe overtaking:

1. At lane 1, Car A in front is traveling at around 90~100 and there is wide gap in front (about 5~6 cars length).

2. Car B behind Car A wanted to overtake.

3. So Car B, move to Lane 2 and overtake Car A at Lane 1 easily without even stepping on brake. Turn Right signal was given.

4. Car A then high beamed and horned at Car B persistently.

So Should Car B feel guilty?

Regards,

Car B should be proud of his decisive action [rolleyes]

I didn't know this kind of creature (Car A) still exist in SG :D

Mayb he wants to tell tell u that infront or behine got camera.

Ya hor, we should give the benefit of doubt [thumbsup].

Decent drivers controlled their cars so well that when they overtook at >100Km/h, they don't even have to step on brake within 2 cars length. 1 car length is probably to much and may agitate the one behind [laugh].

Regards,

hmmm..why should TS feel guilty in anyway? car B could have done that first to car A, i.e. highbeam + horn. however, he had chosen not to, which i agree with.

and i also don't see what's wrong with overtaking on the left, except the point that when doing so, must be really careful of cars overtaking from the 2nd left lane too. but maybe some of u may still disagree with this.. haha

and as many should already know also, usually lane 1 is for fast-moving cars, lane 2 is for cruising, and this leaves lane 3 empty (especially after the exits of e expressway). dun know about you guys here, but i will take this option gladly. better than to chiong & get irritated or irritate those on lane 1, or yawn at the crawling speed of lane 2. hurhur.. : )

My personal rule of thumb is when overtaking is done, it should be performed such that the vehicle that you are trying to overtake do not have to resort to evasive manoeuvre e.g. jam brake to avoid crashing onto you.

That being said, whether one resorts to evasive manoeurves or not is quite subjective. It depends on one's tolerance threshold. Maybe you think that 1/2 car length is sufficient buffer space. Some may think that 1 car length is the minimum in order to buffer against a suddenly slowdown ahead.

Since the issue of tolerance threshold is something we cannot cannot come to a consensus, i try to overtake in a manner which minimise inconvenience on the other part.

Edited by Happily1986

this is a classical road hogger drive like gu niang still want to horn people.

this kinda fella should jam brake on him

No need lah...we need to be more forgiving. Lets be graious lah [laugh].

Regards,

for me i challenge back, if you think you are fast, lets see if you can keep up with me

speed off and let him bite the dust

Like your style! :D

Car A is an idiot.

He should have move to lane 2.

He is a road hogger n a flasher! :D

I hate his kind. Wrong and still wanna flash

people and scold them!

Edited by Jamesc

for me i challenge back, if you think you are fast, lets see if you can keep up with me

speed off and let him bite the dust

Someone like your style but I dont.

I would rather pull him to the side of the road and ask him, what car you driving [:p] .

If that TS met a *normal car, I can bully him [:p] .

If it is a supercar, I dont think that he will do that to you.

*From Jap~Korean~German~American expect Italy subjected to Fiat [:p][laugh][laugh][laugh]