U turn on Broken Line Road

Icetrap

You may find a copy of the local Highway Code useful reading, if you are preparing for your theory test soon

I've passed my driving for a few years bro. Last time my driving instructor tell me can, but when I asked, seems like noone knows the right answer.

Neutral Newbie

If there is no one around, you will not obstruct traffic and safety is not compromised, you can do anything. U turn, three point turn, parallel parking, reverse, etc.

If there is no one around, you will not obstruct traffic and safety is not compromised, you can do anything. U turn, three point turn, parallel parking, reverse, etc.

provided no camera on the lamp post. :D

Turbocharged

No...only road with U-Turn sign.

i beg to diff. only road with "No U-turn" sign then you cannot do U turn. else, should be ok.

for major road you can only u turn if there's a sign, for minor road with broken line you can u turn even without a sign, hope this clarifies

Neutral Newbie

Agree. Should be ok to do a 3point turn in minor road if no double line. Major road at juncion, no u-turn unless there is a U-turn sign.

Edited by Rongshu

also a question

- got U turn sign = can u turn

- got U turn sign with a cross = cannot u turn

if no sign, then can or cannot u turn?

you can only u turn after a u turn sign at major rd. the no u turn sign is just a reminder for junction where alot of drivers commit illegal u turn and likelyhood to cause danger to others

you can only u turn after a u turn sign at major rd. the no u turn sign is just a reminder for junction where alot of drivers commit illegal u turn and likelyhood to cause danger to others

some junctions have double green arrows meaning green arrow in your favour but at the same time vehicles on your right will be allowed to turn to to their left also. If you do green turn then BANG.

E.g. the T junction along Scotts Rd.

also a question

- got U turn sign = can u turn

- got U turn sign with a cross = cannot u turn

if no sign, then can or cannot u turn?

for major road you can only u turn if there's a sign, for minor road with broken line you can u turn even without a sign, hope this clarifies

All Qs answered.Thread closed.

Edited by Csnewbie