How come Giant also selling halloween costumes?

Karoon

Just the Ang Moh hungry ghost festival lah - so what's the problem?

Where there's a demand, there'll be a supply. There are so many people of American descent in Sg now, that this should hardly come as a surprise.

And it's no longer just Cold Storage they frequent - lots and lots of them go to Giant too.

Edited by Turboflat4

What a weird question to ask? now if the phenomenon if Christmas being celebrated by non-Christians has long been perceived as a norm, what is the difference that people are now taking to halloween?

not suprising at all. its all about giving consumers more choices and all-under-one-roof shopping experience.

even if it does not make any money, doesn't matter to them cause can keep and sell again the following year.

unlike food items that have an expiry date, these things last probably forever as long as stored properly.

i didn't know heartlanders have taken to embracing this festival wholeheartedly

There are so many mentioning of FT in sg, didn't you notice? You stayed in your pigeon hole for too long. Welcome back. :D

i didn't know heartlanders have taken to embracing this festival wholeheartedly

10 years ago i already start going to halloween parties, private and disco types with costumes and all..

u quite outdated lei...

there are even shops, that rent out these kind of costume.

the qn should be how come they didnt sell it earlier.. ha..

but seriously, giant product are usually more ex than others. e.g. household and food stuff.

What a weird question to ask? now if the phenomenon if Christmas being celebrated by non-Christians has long been perceived as a norm, what is the difference that people are now taking to halloween?

just that first time i saw it them at Giant. Always thought its the last bastion of heartlanders supermart :D

If Halloween gets even there then its a major shift. Still, the idea of local kids in the heartlands going trick or treating amuses me.

halloween is only 1 night right...soemmore not like u can wear the costume out and walk everywhere...very attention seeking...

dun see the need to spend money on the costume.

a friend of mine actually had the "treat or trick" for kids in his neighbour going around collecting candies...

to think of that.. it is good fun for kids...