treadmill in hdb flat

Karoon

Thinking of buying a motorised one for my flat but will the pounding affect the neighbour downstairs?

Any bros with experience?

Dont want to end up with exercise machine you can only use when neighbours are away.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

I've got a threadmill at home also. Other than leaving a huge footprint on the real estate in my matchbox size HDB, there's no issues with the noise. It's a lot more healthier jogging on a threadmill than breathing in the car fumes on the pavements. And it's a lot more convenient being able to jog in the comfort of your own home rather than going out to find a jogging track or park.

• Praise 1

chances of it become a white elephant is high.

[laugh] [laugh] like 8 out of 10 will be collecting dust after 1st few month ...

Thinking of buying a motorised one for my flat but will the pounding affect the neighbour downstairs?

Dont want to end up with exercise machine you can only use when neighbours are away.

very considerate! considering tha fact i always get the bouncing of balls on e floor from the above neighbours' kids...

• Praise 1

actually it all depends on your neighbour below....some are "qing-cai"...then lucky no issue....but also considerate lah keep to certain hours when using the treadmill.....hdb not sound prove one lah....no one complain doesnt mean no noise.

I had one for 7 years, no issues, or complaints from neighbours. But the wife uses it only once every leap year, and I prefer to jog in the park near my home. If you prefer fresh air, do it outdoors.

Otherwise, like mine, it became a giant clothes hanger; aka white elephant. [rolleyes]

• Praise 1

haha i agree!

my mum bought the treadmill a few months ago and im so excited at the prospect of doing my own running at home without the need to run to a nearby park for my jog..

but at the end of the day, i think i only used the machine 3 times since the day it was bought. haha! n the irony is im still going to the park to jog.

anyway to TS, dun worry about the noise, my mum jogs on the machine often in the evenings.. no issues or complains from neighbours so far..

• Praise 1

great, guys!

thanks for replies.

As for chances of white elephant... well, we'll see in a few months if i start a 'treadmill for sale' thread :D

seriously, is much better running outdoor as i find running on treadmill boring.

of course the plus pts are being able to exercise in bad weather conditions. why don't consider getting from any of those bros here who own one but now being a while elephant... win-win [laugh]

Used to have one - after a while, I prefer running outdoor - natural running stride plus wind to cool down. Even if the weather is bad, just do some Hi intensity intervals (HIIT) at the corridor or MSCP. Sold it away after some time.

not so much for me... more for the CO and mom-in-law.... they are exercise-averse and its showing. let them walk on it watching tv.

i might borrow time to time to train for ippt. set to 14.4km/h, let the music play and stay on for 10min.... [angel]

i have 1 at home from aibi ..more than 7 years...total number time on the treadmill over the 7 years - less than 50.

My suggestion -save the $$. It will be a white elephant

Ya..i have a few frds who own treadmill...some bought those fancy 1s with inbuilt tv..

few years later, when i visited them..1 ended up at common area outside, 1 sold, 1 was used to hang clothes in balcony..

running outside is free, oso treadmill occupy so much space.

↡ Advertisement