treadmill in hdb flat

Karoon

Stationery bike suggestion made in context of thread. Bike takes up less space than elliptical runner in space challenged HDB home, and has widest age/gender appeal. Bike foot print is about 1/3 that of a runner. Runners have to be wide and long for stability or it may topple during vigorous use. In my condo gym which has treadmill, bike, runner and rower side-by-side, I see the appeal factor. The bike is used by young and old, male and female, fit and not-so-fit. It will be foolish to ask someone who has pre-existing medical conditions or already physically challenged to go onto a runner.

To get older person to be active, the bike fits as can plonk it in front of TV, and ask Ah-Ma/wifey to cycle while watch serials and dramas.

However if space and fitness is not an issue, or there is one in downstairs in condo gym/ pro gym, I heartily recommend. Can get cardio workout, core-strength training, as well as work the gluteus muscle all at the same time. 15 mins at high resistance and intensity gives a great workout. Entertains the watchers too. A cute lady with perky butt, clad in leotards, using the elliptical x-trainer is one of my favorite views in the gym. Ha ha

I have my favorite as well. A tall Eurasian with a killer body and bouncy something. Wahaha... But the best was a mediacorp actress, darn pretty in her gym outfit, in my ex condo, but she wasn't much of a talker.

Back to topic.... I hate high intensity interval training on my cross trainer (high resistance at max speed the body and mind can take usually not lasting 60 seconds per cycle) but it is certainly very effective and efficient if you only have 15-30 mins.

Edited by Voodooman

Rather than a treadmill, a friend of mine bought an exercise bike. 

And he claimed it's better than a treadmill because it's easier to make himself use it regularly. He simply placed the bike in the living room where the TV is and whenever he watches TV shows, he would sit himself on his bike instead of the sofa. 

And then throughout the show, he would pedal and rest and pedal and rest.

Harder to do that with a treadmill.

Rather than a treadmill, a friend of mine bought an exercise bike. 

And he claimed it's better than a treadmill because it's easier to make himself use it regularly. He simply placed the bike in the living room where the TV is and whenever he watches TV shows, he would sit himself on his bike instead of the sofa. 

And then throughout the show, he would pedal and rest and pedal and rest.

Harder to do that with a treadmill.

Also can place the treadmill infront of the tv le?!  [:p]

What I think is home is not a conducive place to exercise. Most exercise equipments will likely ended up as white elephant. For myself who runs almost everyday, I have dumbells, kettlebells, chin up bar at home. After the a few month of intensive usage, they are now mostly unused, except for the kettle bell. It's not that I have stopped weight exercise, I just do it at the fitness corner around the HDB estate from Punggol to Sengkang on the short runs days. At home, the mind is auto switched to nuah mode.

Also can place the treadmill infront of the tv le?!  [:p]

That's true. But you have to use the treadmill while standing up. So maybe you will use it at the beginning of the show but, after you take a break and go sit down somewhere, you may not want to go back to the treadmill.

The exercise bike is for sitting down so you take your breaks while sitting down on the bike. So, as and when you feel like it, you can just pedal. 

What I think is home is not a conducive place to exercise. Most exercise equipments will likely ended up as white elephant. For myself who runs almost everyday, I have dumbells, kettlebells, chin up bar at home. After the a few month of intensive usage, they are now mostly unused, except for the kettle bell. It's not that I have stopped weight exercise, I just do it at the fitness corner around the HDB estate from Punggol to Sengkang on the short runs days. At home, the mind is auto switched to nuah mode.

Often those exercising equipment would ended up as laundry rack. Lol. 

That's true. But you have to use the treadmill while standing up. So maybe you will use it at the beginning of the show but, after you take a break and go sit down somewhere, you may not want to go back to the treadmill.

The exercise bike is for sitting down so you take your breaks while sitting down on the bike. So, as and when you feel like it, you can just pedal. 

True, no one would able to continue running and running even there is some break in between la. Usually it is a one off thing running on treadmill.

In my case...chin up bar is quite useful...[:p]:D

You hang all your clothing at the door, go in and out of the door also jialat. Lol.

Turbocharged

You hang all your clothing at the door, go in and out of the door also jialat. Lol.

Ok la...just like those Japanese half length curtain. Hehe..:XD:
  • Praise 1

I have a treadmill at home, and I go run out door on the road. 

I have a pull up/dip rack at home, and I go do pull ups and dips in the gym...

really KNN... [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

• Praise 2

I have a treadmill at home, and I go run out door on the road. 

I have a pull up/dip rack at home, and I go do pull ups and dips in the gym...

really KNN... [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

So what happened to your treadmill and pull up/dip rack now?

Edited by 13177
↡ Advertisement