COE Killing old and classic cars

Mini-itx2010

I feel its killing all the old and classic cars here in SG.

I am sure we have seen/heard many of the famous cars of the old days like Supra, Skyline, RX7, AE86, 200SX and my old Celica included.

Sadly, I feel that COE is killing off most of these cars. Because of COE, many people will just scrap their cars when COE expires or even before it expires.

I have only seen 1 Supra in my life. I have seen only 2 Skyline R34 (never seen R32 but I read alot about its racing history) but lots of R35 around (they are like everywhere). I have seen AE86 twice. RX7 FD 1-2 times have but not FC. I have never seen another GT4 before. Still have the old WRX and the Tommy Makkinen Evo.

Its like all these popular cars of the past have all but vanish from our roads. Quite sad....:(

↡ Advertisement

is he going to get banned again? lol. anyway there is classic car scheme in singapore. so if owners really interested in keeping the cars till they are 30,40,50, can apply that scheme. but of course it cant be used as a daily runabout anymore.

lame. you just want to imply that you dun wan to pay 50% more road tax for yr old cecila right?

dun be ignorant lar..... it is not the extra 50% road tax.... i am more than glad to pay it...

it is the PARF value that you have to forfeit as well as pay for the purchase of a new COE which at present moment is about $30k PQP estimate

for example: my car, i can still get back $20+k + purchase of COE of $30 = i am looking at $50k for a old car + yearly inspection and additional tax... all in all... a new car will be more worth it

Neutral Newbie

I feel its killing all the old and classic cars here in SG.

I am sure we have seen/heard many of the famous cars of the old days like Supra, Skyline, RX7, AE86, 200SX and my old Celica included.

Sadly, I feel that COE is killing off most of these cars. Because of COE, many people will just scrap their cars when COE expires or even before it expires.

I have only seen 1 Supra in my life. I have seen only 2 Skyline R34 (never seen R32 but I read alot about its racing history) but lots of R35 around (they are like everywhere). I have seen AE86 twice. RX7 FD 1-2 times have but not FC. I have never seen another GT4 before. Still have the old WRX and the Tommy Makkinen Evo.

Its like all these popular cars of the past have all but vanish from our roads. Quite sad....:(

I see a 32R in my garage everyday, and previously between march and june 2010, i saw a supra in my garage everyday, but that's a different story.

What celica are you having now? st185 or st205? that's assuming you actually got the gt4 instead of the more sedate ones.

I've seen the FC before, in mandai hill camp, tbh, it looks ugly. the fd has very nice curves viewed form the front but the rear end leaves much to be desired leh, weird shaped.

dun be ignorant lar..... it is not the extra 50% road tax.... i am more than glad to pay it...

it is the PARF value that you have to forfeit as well as pay for the purchase of a new COE which at present moment is about $30k PQP estimate

for example: my car, i can still get back $20+k + purchase of COE of $30 = i am looking at $50k for a old car + yearly inspection and additional tax... all in all... a new car will be more worth it

[:(]

not all old cars are "classic" cars. U need an association to determine if the particular made is one.

eg The Classic Car Club of America.

If your car plates are the original black with white font and not top red bottom yellow, sorry there is nothing classic about it.

old and nice looking car, maybe, classic??????

and for those who have the real top red and bottom yellow car plate, Classic car plates, they don give a damn about COE prices.

lame. you just want to imply that you dun wan to pay 50% more road tax for yr old cecila right?

Its ok if you don't agree with what I post. But pls refrain from making personal attacks like calling people lame. You can opt to ignore my threads or simply complain to the mods if you feel I am breaching any of the rules.

Thank you.

in the first place, sadly singapore is never the place for such cars..i also hv some soft spot for some of the cars u mentioned...like the GC WRX...mayb becis it was my dream car when i was jus starting to drive..

is he going to get banned again? lol. anyway there is classic car scheme in singapore. so if owners really interested in keeping the cars till they are 30,40,50, can apply that scheme. but of course it cant be used as a daily runabout anymore.

If you think I am breaching any of the rules, feel free to report to the mods and admins. If they think I should be banned, then they will ban me.

Just say we all want to own a super cheap old car lah.

Who does not want to own a S$2000 old skool civic or supra or mrs?

I do!!!!

In Singapore......money talks.

I am waiting for the changi circuit...sure got a cheaper way to own a race car once the track is ready....

TS, where you live? my area got 3 GT4, around ubi payalebar there. Red yellow and white one. My neighbour got a white R32. Actually there is still quite a few of these "classics" around. You gotta open yours eye big enough.

TS, where you live? my area got 3 GT4, around ubi payalebar there. Red yellow and white one. My neighbour got a white R32. Actually there is still quite a few of these "classics" around. You gotta open yours eye big enough.

You saw them at WS or carparks?

well i'll gladly trade seeing the cars you mention to not see the tons of other rubbish > 10 yr old cars

have you saw how fugly the older japanese cars look like? and we haven't even started looking at the old hyundais

those are simply horrid!

Neutral Newbie

anything that has some sort of racing heritage and is now discontinued is a classic to me.

like any japanese performance vehicle with an inline 6 turbo engine, classic.

I wonder.... Say if your car's COE has expired, can you park your car in your private property while waiting for COE to someday drop? Or when expire must immediately renew COE or must scrap?

↡ Advertisement