My first test driving from BMW

SeriousGuy

My wif only allows me to buy Gayman. Anything else, need to sell backside because she holds the ticket.

Gayman is 2 seater, sure your wife allows????? Wow you have an understanding wife.

I kena banned from even thinking of Z4, gayman, elise, slk, all the 2 seater cars :( and banned from manual stick shift... Otherwise would have gotten that low mileage used Z4M selling for $160k a few months ago... What a pity....

The only porsche my wife allows is cayenne...wtf

E60 wif M54B22 has lots of problem. Direct from horse mouth.

Anyway, i m looking for E81/E87 130 next yr. Small ka wif big engine can cut thru traffic better.

Probably because only available in 2004 2005 models, when E60 still new.... But this kind of thing is heng suay one lah....

Yeah tested one 130i hatctback a few months ago... Nice drive man... But if looking for image, it is not there lah... A bit too young beng for people our age... That time asking 90k for 2 years old nia... Good deal

Gayman is 2 seater, sure your wife allows????? Wow you have an understanding wife.

I kena banned from even thinking of Z4, gayman, elise, slk, all the 2 seater cars :( and banned from manual stick shift... Otherwise would have gotten that low mileage used Z4M selling for $160k a few months ago... What a pity....

Understanding to a certain extent. If i m getting stick shift Gayman, i have to buy her Picanto loh. She is not that good in handing in huge car.

Probably because only available in 2004 2005 models, when E60 still new.... But this kind of thing is heng suay one lah....

Yeah tested one 130i hatctback a few months ago... Nice drive man... But if looking for image, it is not there lah... A bit too young beng for people our age... That time asking 90k for 2 years old nia... Good deal

For 130 hatchback, i only care about the drive as i don't drive to work. No image thing to care about. Moreover, i have a habit of overtaking from lane 3 to lane 1 in btw 2 cars. It is hard to do it in E39. It would much easier in 130.

Understanding to a certain extent. If i m getting stick shift Gayman, i have to buy her Picanto loh. She is not that good in handing in huge car.

Yeah... Some women cannot handle a stick....

No need to get her a picanto lah.... Mini cooper will be nice! Second hand pricing is still quite reasonable...

Edited by Viceroymenthol

hahaha, wtf....... but now got Panamera

no need to ban mah..if u can afford all these models..u can juz buy one more lor..

no need to ban mah..if u can afford all these models..u can juz buy one more lor..

bro my name is not throttle2 or zangetsu ok.... [laugh] [laugh]

but 3 cars for a couple without kids does seem a little extravagant

It is not about buying new or re-sale ... I believe a lot of people are referred to "badge whore" when they but the 4 cylinders BMW as they feel that a "real" BMW should have 6 cylinders.

So it depends on which model you bot that determine if you are a badge whore and is not whether it is new or re-sale.

In another words .... buying a 318i/320i becos it is a BMW, you would be consider a badge whore.

Those "badge whore" people who would claim that a 4-cylinder BMW is not a real BMW should read up on their automotive history. And look up the shape of the BMW HQ building. It's not called "BMW-Vierzylinder" for nothing.

And history is repeating itself in a big way with the new FI 4-cylinders soon to come.

It's not BMW's fault that some people don't know what they're talking about.

Those "badge whore" people who would claim that a 4-cylinder BMW is not a real BMW should read up on their automotive history. And look up the shape of the BMW HQ building. It's not called "BMW-Vierzylinder" for nothing.

And history is repeating itself in a big way with the new FI 4-cylinders soon to come.

Seriously, I was never bothered by such comment - people calling me badge whore because I am driving a 4 cylinders 320i E90. I enjoyed every moment driving the car. It may not have the smoothness or the power of a IL6 - 323i or 325i but the handling of the 320i is still one of the best in the automotive industry. The power of the 320i is good enough for me especially the local road condition. Our speed limit on the highway is 90 km/h and the 0 to 100 km/h is about 10 secs. I am very satisfied with these specs. Anyway, I have sold the 320i after 26 months and i still miss the car.

Cheers to all the "badge whores" ..... dun worry about these remark as a 4 Cylinders BMW is still a BMW and IMO is still better than any JAP/KOREAN made.

The best 4 pot from BMW is from E30 ///M3 and E90 320si. I drove E30 318 (this is 1.8L) and it is more than enough to power the car. Since E36, pwr-to-weight of 4 pot has dropped. It is not enough to power the car and it has to move from 1.8L -> 1.9L -> 2L. Currently, E90 320 has the same weight (1.5T) as my E39 520. There is a huge diff being power by 4 pot 2L and 6 pot 2.2L at that weight.

The move towards FI 4-pot is a natural development from BMW diesel engine program. FI 4-pot might be used to replace IL-6 for better FC. Anyway, roar from IL-6 after 4k RPM could not be replace wif FI 4 pot.

Neutral Newbie

Seriously, I was never bothered by such comment - people calling me badge whore because I am driving a 4 cylinders 320i E90. I enjoyed every moment driving the car. It may not have the smoothness or the power of a IL6 - 323i or 325i but the handling of the 320i is still one of the best in the automotive industry. The power of the 320i is good enough for me especially the local road condition. Our speed limit on the highway is 90 km/h and the 0 to 100 km/h is about 10 secs. I am very satisfied with these specs. Anyway, I have sold the 320i after 26 months and i still miss the car.

Cheers to all the "badge whores" ..... dun worry about these remark as a 4 Cylinders BMW is still a BMW and IMO is still better than any JAP/KOREAN made.

Agree with you ... BMW handling is really superb IMO ... maybe I am frog in the well lah, but great experience for me .. BTW I only test drove a 320i, never have a chance to own one [bigcry]

↡ Advertisement