Ah! the joy of a manual..

RadX

Haha...

Why don't use touch up paint instead of liquid paper?

Cheaper :p And I read on internet got people really use that and it works (but never say if they were able to polish or wax it).

When I first got the car I bought accessories for it and so on. 9 months on........liquid paper can liao. I still wash my car every two weeks plus this one time pps. Maybe one year later just take a pail of water and splash splash...... hahaha

↡ Advertisement

Haha...

Just FYI. This is how it looks like after touch up. You look closely you can see the small strip of liquid paper...

Haha...

Just FYI. This is how it looks like after touch up. You look closely you can see the small strip of liquid paper...

post-57859-0-29743200-1515109370_thumb.jpg

post-57859-0-45149500-1515109542_thumb.jpg

Edited by Philipkee

Looks nice. How much is the polishing job?

You driving Accent right?

Maybe they don't know about the lift-up reverse mechanism.

Just one thing to share. Yesterday I engaged the services of one of the mobile detailers. So the instructions were to put the car at the washing bay and then drive to an empty parking spot where they will do the polishing and waxing and pps.

As it was post night shift I asked if they could just drive to the parking lot after washing the car which means I leave the keys with them. They said no problem. I asked if they can drive manual transmission cars. They say no problem.

So I left the keys with them to go home to get a short nap. After a while, I got a ring from them (and some missed messages ) asking me to come down to move the car. Cos they could not reverse out of the washing bay (you have to reverse up slope to get out of the washing bay ).

So I went down and moved the car. I was like kind of "meh, I tot you said you got manual car licence and can drive manual car?" But I went back to sleep after that.

They did a good job. Only "grouse" was that they did not polish over my touch up paint. I used liquid paper to touch up (white on white) and they said if they polished the liquid paper it will come out and better to use car paint touch ups.......

Can check wwith you guys, how do we know when to replace the clutch? Harder to depress?

Harder to engage first gear?

I tried someone swift sport, ththe clutch action is very light compared to mine.I changed redline MT990 gearoil, it doesnt improve.

Any idea?

Twincharged

Can check wwith you guys, how do we know when to replace the clutch? Harder to depress?

I tried someone swift sport, ththe clutch action is very light compared to mine.I changed redline MT990 gearoil, it doesnt improve.

Any idea?

My mechanic test by whether the car will stall when he release in 2nd gear with no gas. If never stall means need to replace.

Edited by Nzy

Liddat betterer? No need to scare die fire. [laugh]

My mechanic test by whether the car will stall when he release in 2nd gear with no gas. If never stall means need to replace.

Any idea?

Clutch fluid le? Topped up?

Turbocharged

Any idea?

Is your also a swift sport? I recall they are tuned that way for better control of the gear. Cannot compare if car is different.

(edited)

Is your also a swift sport? I recall they are tuned that way for better control of the gear. Cannot compare if car is different.

Changed the clutch few weeks, now shift like a dream. The old clutch wore off, not to the extend of clutch slip but quite wore already. The friction material also thin.

The idling is more stable compared to before clutch replacement. Maybe the clutch somehow bind or stick even when you release the clutch. I don't know.

Clutch kit is quite cheap but the labour cost is 150% more than the kit itself.

If your clutch is more than 100k km, might as well change it to enjoy the better engagement and smoother gear change.

I tried this with my old clutch. No problem with this test. Edited by Hachi
  • Praise 1

Changed the clutch few weeks, now shift like a dream. The old clutch wore off, not to the extend of clutch slip but quite wore already. The friction material also thin.

The idling is more stable compared to before clutch replacement. Maybe the clutch somehow bind or stick even when you release the clutch. I don't know.

Clutch kit is quite cheap but the labour cost is 150% more than the kit itself.

If your clutch is more than 100k km, might as well change it to enjoy the better engagement and smoother gear change. U

I tried this with my old clutch. No problem with this test.

not easy to change clutch plates and the space constrain.....
↡ Advertisement