Ah! the joy of a manual..

RadX

Generically speaking, I enjoy being busy in the car changing gears working the pedals, be it weekend early morning drive about, peak hour traffic, upslope, tight spaces, etc.

Simply relishes the opportunities and challenges. Just savour how the subconscious part of you goes to work seamlessly with your mortal side.

↡ Advertisement

Dude, your words in all the replies to you "That don't count, only driving aimlessly"

Is like its not your standard so not considered like driving manual

It is not my standard.

Since you guys enjoy driving manual, do you drive for the sake of driving rather than a chores?

It is not my standard.

Since you guys enjoy driving manual, do you drive for the sake of driving rather than a chores?

Enjoy driving a manual car can also be "used" to make it less of a chore, a more enjoyable duty, no?

(edited)

Enjoy driving a manual car can also be "used" to make it less of a chore, a more enjoyable duty, no?

Where is the enjoyment then?

Other than the need to shift gear and supposed "more control"

Edited by Davidtch

You guys can until got dragon got phoenix.

How many of you drive regularly for the sake of driving?

me eh..

although sometime knowing the route going to have jammed area, i still prefer to drive over whenever possible.

anywhere in the world will also have jams, drove in USA, Germany and Taiwan before.

as long as its a urbanized area, it will sure have jams, but being able to enjoy the scenries and still enjoy the drive is good.

i remember in 1 of the drive in US, i actually drove the mountain road twice becos it was so relaxing and so nice to drive in the area.

once in a while will still find friends to go inside malaysia for some B road driving till melaka [bounce2]  [bounce2] ..used to drive from JB to kota tinggi but these days the roads aint that nice anymore. [:p]

Supersonic

That don't count.

What i meant is drive around aimlessly enjoying the drive.

I do that on the weekends.

me eh..

although sometime knowing the route going to have jammed area, i still prefer to drive over whenever possible.

anywhere in the world will also have jams, drove in USA, Germany and Taiwan before.

as long as its a urbanized area, it will sure have jams, but being able to enjoy the scenries and still enjoy the drive is good.

i remember in 1 of the drive in US, i actually drove the mountain road twice becos it was so relaxing and so nice to drive in the area.

once in a while will still find friends to go inside malaysia for some B road driving till melaka [bounce2][bounce2] ..used to drive from JB to kota tinggi but these days the roads aint that nice anymore. [:p]

Wake up or stay up late lo.

Where got jam at those hours.

In those countries, why drive in urbanized areas

me eh..

once in a while will still find friends to go inside malaysia for some B road driving till melaka [bounce2][bounce2] ..used to drive from JB to kota tinggi but these days the roads aint that nice anymore. [:p]

Regarding drive in USA, I have a slightly different experience.

Cos I was alone, backpacking. At yellowstone national park. Omg. Four hours one way non stop. Some more after reaching there still need to go round the park and still need to return to hostel.

Yes. Scenery is nice. But eight hours of driving alone two days in a row takes a toll. Not much of a toll but enough of a toll that makes me reconsider driving route 66 in my upcoming round the world trip.

Luckily it was near the US elections time so the radio was all about the debates and at least it kept me entertained.....

But I drove auto then. I don't think its worth the risk getting used to manual AND driving on opposite side of road at same time.

Twincharged

It is not my standard.

Yes. My previous car was a manual car and I do drive it out for fun. Infact, I cycle and use public transport for work and on the weekends when going out with family. So my car mainly for driving around for fun. 

Now change car, I find that I tend do drive even lesser.

• Praise 2

The best feeling in the world huh? MT, NA, pedal-to-metal is glorious beyond reproach! Congrats on getting a manual Cayman! My friend with an auto/tiptronic one isn't having half as fun as you! His friend with the GT3 however...

AE86 guys

hi all manual lovers , need some input here , i have been driving manual for 15 years. Now on my second manual car (forte). recently i encounter this problem whenever i drop gear and accelerate hard , my car loses power for a about a second or 2 and the engine check light lights up and will go off after 6 blinks. this only happens when i drop gear and accelerate hard if i drop gear and smoothly accelerate everything is fine. Have been to WS but no fault read and its not misfiring. Really wonder whats the problem

• Praise 1

hi all manual lovers , need some input here , i have been driving manual for 15 years. Now on my second manual car (forte). recently i encounter this problem whenever i drop gear and accelerate hard , my car loses power for a about a second or 2 and the engine check light lights up and will go off after 6 blinks. this only happens when i drop gear and accelerate hard if i drop gear and smoothly accelerate everything is fine. Have been to WS but no fault read and its not misfiring. Really wonder whats the problem

I'm not sure if i'm right but I had such experience long time ago. End up, problem is some loose connection. Due to sudden surge in power, more vibration and engine senses the abnormalities. I think u should:-

1) Check if ur engine mounting is loose or not

2) Check if your radiator mounting is loose or not, or mayb some of the tubes is loose or there's leaking somewhere

• Praise 1

Buy MT Miata

:XD:

bro, one of my favourite drives. long time ago i got rent. i think the owner got change exhaust abit. sibei swee the gear change and the handling... super quick around the corners 

after driving my 1.8TFSI 5 years, I M SICK OF AUTO BROS!!! i need some good stick shift recomendations... need some good advice from my kakis...

[wave]  [wave]  :a-happy: 

thinking of going old school - e36 325i MT... thots??

• Praise 1
  • Dislike 1

after driving my 1.8TFSI 5 years, I M SICK OF AUTO BROS!!! i need some good stick shift recomendations... need some good advice from my kakis...

[wave][wave]:a-happy:

FD2R

[wave]  [wave]  :a-happy:

The Audi A4 1.8 TFSI runs on CVT right?

FD2R is a good choice if u dun mind coe car otherwise just indent a bimmer 330i or 340i in manual.

• Praise 1

[wave][wave]:a-happy:

Just for the lulz

Perodua bezza 5mt?

Lol

↡ Advertisement