LTA Vehicle Inspection

RadX

Supercharged

Had a classic plate w123. CO was within 1-2% for a 37year old car. So if tuned and maintained. Can easily pass

I sent a 45 years old (not W123) for inspection yesterday, CO was hovering around 2%

not too bad

↡ Advertisement

Government is tightening all the emissions of cars but what happen to all the bikes especially those with small two strokes engine? They are doing nothing about it because they would probably unable to tax much out of bikes?

so they finally realised that they have to do something about old motorbikes on the roads. The irony is instead of taxing them more, government is paying out incentive to get them scrap their old bikes. 

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/owners-of-older-motorcycles-will-get-up-to-s-3-500-for-de-10110120

Twincharged
(edited)

so they finally realised that they have to do something about old motorbikes on the roads. The irony is instead of taxing them more, government is paying out incentive to get them scrap their old bikes. 

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/owners-of-older-motorcycles-will-get-up-to-s-3-500-for-de-10110120

Like those Old Lorries.

Alot of newer Moto modified the Fuel Jets to a bigger size,hoped LTA will clamp down on this .

Edited by ER-3682
  • Praise 1

Nowadays going for inspection no longer need to bring the inspection slip right?

LTA no longer send paper inspection notice. They only send me a electronic message ask me go inspect.

Btw, I notice that now the LTA info has the stock tyre size. My current tyre size is no longer stock size. I don't think it will fail right? Since so many cars has aftermarket wheels that are different from stock size.

Edited by Columbian78
Add another comment
  • Praise 1

2 hours ago, Columbian78 said:

Nowadays going for inspection no longer need to bring the inspection slip right?

LTA no longer send paper inspection notice. They only send me a electronic message ask me go inspect.

Btw, I notice that now the LTA info has the stock tyre size. My current tyre size is no longer stock size. I don't think it will fail right? Since so many cars has aftermarket wheels that are different from stock size.

Yup. My car just passed inspection on Wednesday. 

I just Ba Long Long to the centre, paid using self service machine, and that’s it.

Stock rim is 17x7.5 squared. I changed to 18x8.5 front and 18x9.5 rear staggered. PASSED.

car had a tom’s Piggyback similar to Racechip. PASSED.

Number plate is this chrome type but with correctly sized fonts (which people say fail) but I PASSED.

CE16A571-19ED-43F8-BFC2-3DF8B3BE8C53.jpeg

• Praise 5

2 hours ago, Columbian78 said:

I had changed by tyre/rim from 225/45R19 to 225/50R18. They didn't fail me.

• Praise 3

On 4/1/2018 at 2:04 PM, Theoldjaffa said:

Does piggyback tuning boxes or stage 1/2 ECU remaps affect emissions testing at the inspection centres?

How about RON rating? Will 98 result in worse emission readings compared to 95 or vice versa?

Assuming a turbo car, stock except for the remap and running on 98. I wonder if it will pass.

I think I just answered myself.

I have an ECU remap. On top of it I added a piggy back. Fuel is SPC98.

Exhaust is TRD muffler, LTA approved.

Passed inspection for emissions.

• Praise 2

My recently purchased car was due for inspection by the 21st, failed due to operated stock exhaust, went to change back to stock and re-inspected and passed hahahaha @ STA sin ming 

• Praise 2

59 minutes ago, Mkl22 said:

Vicom sin Ming wanted to fail my stock car due to exhaust. Kept saying it didn’t look stock. 

Never give Vicom business. They're c*nts. STA Sin Ming is much more reasonable. 

• Praise 3

25 minutes ago, SiLangKia said:

My recently purchased car was due for inspection by the 21st, failed due to operated stock exhaust, went to change back to stock and re-inspected and passed hahahaha @ STA sin ming 

No longer Civic? What is your current ride now? 😍

• Praise 2

52 minutes ago, SiLangKia said:

They are doing the right thing, now at night when I get woken up by loud exhaust noise , I know who.😄😄

• Praise 2

3 hours ago, Sx4falcon said:

I had changed by tyre/rim from 225/45R19 to 225/50R18. They didn't fail me.

Wont fail as long as the tyres do not get protruded beyond the budguards. 

Refer to the tyres section

The tyres must not protrude from the vehicle body laterally.

https://www.onemotoring.com.sg/content/onemotoring/home/owning/modification.html#Type_of_modifications

Edited by Ct3833

5 hours ago, Turboflat4 said:

Never give Vicom business. They're c*nts. STA Sin Ming is much more reasonable. 

Agreed on this! My car came with LED pole lights/license plate lights that weren't the factory original type (prev owner fitted it), they said it's ok la. And the uncles doing the inspection are very friendly!

• Praise 3

7 minutes ago, RogerNg_185295 said:

What makes you say that?

Experience with c*nts.

You, for one. 

Edited by Turboflat4
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 8