LTA Vehicle Inspection

RadX

1 hour ago, Columbian78 said:

Previous inspection i removed piggyback. Seems like no need remove. 

No need. My M140i passed with the Racechip at STA Sin Ming. No questions asked. 

• Praise 1

21 hours ago, Columbian78 said:

Nowadays going for inspection no longer need to bring the inspection slip right?

LTA no longer send paper inspection notice. They only send me a electronic message ask me go inspect.

Btw, I notice that now the LTA info has the stock tyre size. My current tyre size is no longer stock size. I don't think it will fail right? Since so many cars has aftermarket wheels that are different from stock size.

Not even don't need to bring paper the automatic pay machine even knew my number plate.

My ERP kept beeping and I saw a reader like car park reader that read my car number.

😀

• Praise 2

20 hours ago, Turboflat4 said:

Never give Vicom business. They're c*nts. STA Sin Ming is much more reasonable. 

Agree, i will never use vicom ever again. My car failed the sideslip test at Vicom during inspection. I was stunned, never ever failed sideslip before in over 20 years of car ownership, especially when at that time, my stock car's wheel alignment was done only a few months prior. Went back to alignment place, the boss said the alignment looks fine and within spec, so he only made minimal adjustments. Reattempted the slipslip again at the same Vicom, but different inspection lane, no problems passing. Wah lao, wasted a few hours of my life on a mystery inspection failure.

• Praise 2

On ‎9‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 6:57 PM, Mkl22 said:

Vicom sin Ming wanted to fail my stock car due to exhaust. Kept saying it didn’t look stock. 

years ago, I went to them to get approval for my aftermarket exhaust which was purchased used. I had already gotten the importer/distributor to chop the jasma cert.

The VICOM chaps said I needed to get the seller to sign off an "official document" that he sold me the exhaust and even provided an amateurish-looking blank form for me to get the seller to sign on.

I was shocked as I had never heard of this requirement. Also checked with some people in the car industry and none of them were aware of this. They suggested I go over to STA.

STA took a look at my documents, inspected my car and gave the stamp of approval, without even mentioning that silly handover document.

• Praise 4

9 minutes ago, JohnSHL said:

years ago, I went to them to get approval for my aftermarket exhaust which was purchased used. I had already gotten the importer/distributor to chop the jasma cert.

The VICOM chaps said I needed to get the seller to sign off an "official document" that he sold me the exhaust and even provided an amateurish-looking blank form for me to get the seller to sign on.

I was shocked as I had never heard of this requirement. Also checked with some people in the car industry and none of them were aware of this. They suggested I go over to STA.

STA took a look at my documents, inspected my car and gave the stamp of approval, without even mentioning that silly handover document.

Hence VICOM has been BANNED from from my list of inspection centers. Don’t see why I should give them any business. They are not LTA, but an agent and a business entity. I have told them off for meddling with my aircon. I said your job is to inspect and give me the cert, not to full blast my aircon.  

I would have torn and threw the form and threw it in their faces if I knew the exact process. Haha

Edited by Mkl22
  • Praise 3

3 hours ago, JohnSHL said:

My previous MRS has aftermarket exhaust.  I don't have LTA cert.

Went to VICOM for inspection.  VICOM asked me for the cert.  I told them to check their system.

In the end, no issue.  I passed the inspection.

• Praise 1

Supercharged

heard LTA cracked down, caught some inspectors for corruption.

so now inspection sibeh anal: just failed inspection for LED taillights and exhaust, which had no problem passing in 2 previous inspections ..

• Praise 1

Just did my 3rd year inspection at STAI Sin Ming this morning. Only 2 cars in the queue. Smooth... 

Showed them Hitch Club on my Grab app and gotten 10% off. 

1 hour ago, Eyke said:

so now inspection sibeh anal: just failed inspection for LED taillights and exhaust, which had no problem passing in 2 previous inspections ..

What exhaust are u using? Aftermarket or stock operated?

• Praise 1

Supercharged
2 hours ago, Theoldjaffa said:

What exhaust are u using? Aftermarket or stock operated?

dunno, didn't touch exhaust since i bought it used 

9 hours ago, Eyke said:

LED stuff usually will fail if not stock. Maybe past 2 never really observe it. 😄

13 hours ago, Eyke said:

dunno, didn't touch exhaust since i bought it used 

Oh ya u driving Porsche right. You can argue that you are the second owner and there was no problem for the past 2 inspections for the exhaust.

for LED, that one hard to argue lah.

• Praise 1

Just checking, so changing to LED bulbs with original taillights housing will fail inspection? Was thinking of changing to LED bulbs, just nice saw this thread. Thanks in advance.

7 minutes ago, Rootkie said:

Just checking, so changing to LED bulbs with original taillights housing will fail inspection? Was thinking of changing to LED bulbs, just nice saw this thread. Thanks in advance.

R u referring to LED reverse lights?

• Praise 1

17 minutes ago, Theoldjaffa said:

R u referring to LED reverse lights?

Yup, LED bulbs for reverse light, brake lights in original taillights housing. Just the bulbs.

↡ Advertisement