LTA Vehicle Inspection

RadX

On 9/20/2019 at 8:33 PM, Ct3833 said:

They are doing the right thing, now at night when I get woken up by loud exhaust noise , I know who.😄😄

I hate the noise, especially COEd PHV Lancers! There are many of them near my place!

Edited by Fitvip
↡ Advertisement

On 9/21/2019 at 4:50 PM, Jtis said:

Agree, i will never use vicom ever again. My car failed the sideslip test at Vicom during inspection. I was stunned, never ever failed sideslip before in over 20 years of car ownership, especially when at that time, my stock car's wheel alignment was done only a few months prior. Went back to alignment place, the boss said the alignment looks fine and within spec, so he only made minimal adjustments. Reattempted the slipslip again at the same Vicom, but different inspection lane, no problems passing. Wah lao, wasted a few hours of my life on a mystery inspection failure.

Side slip is actually wheel tracking side way, the tolerance is 5m/km , any wheel side tracking or lateral pulling more than that is unsafe for driving.

To overcome wheel side slip (on assumption  yr car camber setting is set correctly , for most Asian cars they use fix angle type ) normally a very minute adjustments are need on the toe angle of both wheels.

You can have yr wheels toe angle set as per spec on expensive computerised wheel aligner but that does mean you can pass side slip test, because wheels on aligner angle is set on static position whereas side slip testing is done in motion.

sst48_ opt.jpg

SST48_wheel.jpg

Edited by Yeobh

3 hours ago, Rootkie said:

Yup, LED bulbs for reverse light, brake lights in original taillights housing. Just the bulbs.

I think these are ok as Long as the wattage doesn’t exceed the original bulbs.

only retrofitting LED/HID headlamps, and DRLs, are not allowed.

• Praise 3

Supercharged
5 hours ago, Rootkie said:

Just checking, so changing to LED bulbs with original taillights housing will fail inspection? Was thinking of changing to LED bulbs, just nice saw this thread. Thanks in advance.

change to LED may be ok, mine is entire taillight is obviously not-stock

• Praise 1

Supercharged
6 hours ago, Theoldjaffa said:

Oh ya u driving Porsche right. You can argue that you are the second owner and there was no problem for the past 2 inspections for the exhaust.

for LED, that one hard to argue lah.

he say: i don't know (care) about previous inspections, i only care about what i see now

• Praise 1

On 1/19/2020 at 2:57 PM, Theoldjaffa said:

I think these are ok as Long as the wattage doesn’t exceed the original bulbs.

only retrofitting LED/HID headlamps, and DRLs, are not allowed.

Wrong... any aftermarket LED bulb that replaces any halogen bulb on the car lights are not allowed. Be it signal, pole, brakes, reverse, low beam, high beam, all not allowed.

For my previous car I just revert all my LED bulbs to halogen ones, front and rear, then go for inspection. After inspection I went back to LEDs. LoL...

• Praise 2

48 minutes ago, Beehive3783 said:

Wrong... any aftermarket LED bulb that replaces any halogen bulb on the car lights are not allowed. Be it signal, pole, brakes, reverse, low beam, high beam, all not allowed.

Are they gonna fail me if i change my cabin and boot light to LED? 😂😂

• Haha! 1

21 minutes ago, Ceecookie said:

Are they gonna fail me if i change my cabin and boot light to LED? 😂😂

I think internal is ok but those external one will be heng suay liao, for me i fail my motorcycle brake light test cos i change to led bulb, llst change back to incandescent then pass re-inspection.

That's why till now i dun dare to change my car external incandescent bulb to led, if fail inspection or even catch by random LTA enforcer kena fine, sibeh not worth it..

• Haha! 1

14 hours ago, Beehive3783 said:

So strict now ah? Previously my car plate pole lights were on LED, it went thru. Rest of the lights are stock though.

• Praise 2

2 hours ago, Theoldjaffa said:

So strict now ah? Previously my car plate pole lights were on LED, it went thru. Rest of the lights are stock though.

Recently cleared STA with pole LED, license plate LED ad reverse light LED bulbs.

Maybe they were too focused on trying to catch my exhaust hahahaha

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 3

On 1/24/2020 at 6:18 AM, Theoldjaffa said:

The strict ones are the pinoy inspectors.

As for singaporean inspectors, depends.

But by right, these are not allowed. So no complaints if they fail you.

To play safe, i always change back to glass bulbs before inspection.

• Praise 1

Prior to 1982, all vehicles were visually  inspected and data manually recorded, except brake testing which was conducted via a roller brake testers and results display via large  analogue gauges. All testing at that time was conducted by ROV

By 1982 few authorised vehicle inspection test centres were set-up, and ROV by then function as regulator and all vehicle testing and inspection works were transferred to the newly set-up vehicle inspection centres.

All newly set-up vehicle inspection centres are fully computerised, and vehicles undergo testing and inspection via a “production style” test lanes.

Major portion of the testing are done via machines and test results are captured by computers which will be the decision “maker”. For items that cannot be test via machines, inspectors will do visual inspections and information key or scan to computers for final decision.

Final inspection result will be full pass or partial pass or fail.

Neutral Newbie

anyone did car inspection this month in april? i passed mine already but LTA site says inspection valid till Oct 2020. they deferred for 6 months. this is a system issue? don't tell me inspect alr, 6months later still go for another round

rYHYBFW.png

On 4/9/2020 at 7:41 PM, sp0ink said:

anyone did car inspection this month in april? i passed mine already but LTA site says inspection valid till Oct 2020. they deferred for 6 months. this is a system issue? don't tell me inspect alr, 6months later still go for another round

rYHYBFW.png

Most likely system issue, I have just received the Notice for Inspection eletter.

Keep the certificate of inspection.

• Praise 1

On 1/24/2020 at 8:52 AM, SiLangKia said:

Recently cleared STA with pole LED, license plate LED ad reverse light LED bulbs.

Maybe they were too focused on trying to catch my exhaust hahahaha

Wah, which inspection centre so lax? Intro leh.

I used to go to the one in AMK in the interchange. Unfortunately, they became so on that they pulled up pics of the car which was homologated and compare pics. Remembered my Merc E W212 failing cause I was using USDM tails lol 

• Haha! 1

4 minutes ago, Achtung said:

Wah, which inspection centre so lax? Intro leh.

I used to go to the one in AMK in the interchange. Unfortunately, they became so on that they pulled up pics of the car which was homologated and compare pics. Remembered my Merc E W212 failing cause I was using USDM tails lol 

I went STA at sin ming, failed for my exhaust (which I rectified) but they close one eye on all these LED

wa serious ah, they went to that extent, that time low traffic they very free is it ? 🤣

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1