LTA Vehicle Inspection

RadX

5 minutes ago, SiLangKia said:

I went STA at sin ming, failed for my exhaust (which I rectified) but they close one eye on all these LED

wa serious ah, they went to that extent, that time low traffic they very free is it ? 🤣

No frigging idea. When he was looking at his computer at E-Class pic, I say game over liao. I have passed two inspections before at the same center btw in the same car.

↡ Advertisement

12 minutes ago, Achtung said:

No frigging idea. When he was looking at his computer at E-Class pic, I say game over liao. I have passed two inspections before at the same center btw in the same car.

Then how did you resolve it? tell them you passed there before? 

Turbocharged
7 hours ago, Achtung said:

Wah, which inspection centre so lax? Intro leh.

I used to go to the one in AMK in the interchange. Unfortunately, they became so on that they pulled up pics of the car which was homologated and compare pics. Remembered my Merc E W212 failing cause I was using USDM tails lol 

This one very on, that's why always empty, good if everything stock and want to make it fast. Even can tell me those magnetic sunshade is illegal. 🤣

Edited by Dafansu
  • Haha! 1

Twincharged
1 hour ago, Dafansu said:

This one very on, that's why always empty, good if everything stock and want to make it fast. Even can tell me those magnetic sunshade is illegal. 🤣

Will never go to those which find fault at every opportunity. Would rather burn more petrol to drive elsewhere than give them business. Anyway we have 3 inspections company to choose from. Vicom has been struck off my list forever. 
but their shares can buy. Seemed to have gone up some since this year. 

Edited by Mkl22
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

16 hours ago, SiLangKia said:

Then how did you resolve it? tell them you passed there before? 

Yes. Still gotta change back to stock. He steady, he did not fail me. Asked me come back look for him with reinstated items and he will pass me.

• Praise 1

9 hours ago, Dafansu said:

The most dangerous place is the safest. Guess where? Near LTA.

• Haha! 3

9 minutes ago, Achtung said:

Yes. Still gotta change back to stock. He steady, he did not fail me. Asked me come back look for him with reinstated items and he will pass me.

haha quite steady, then after inspection did you change back?

Mine I went after work around 7pm I was like the only one there. The guy saw the LEDs just look at it but nvr do anything. The moment he go rev the engine for the exhaust test I hear alr I know GG

At that time last year, collected my secondhand car on 16 sep, wanted to renew road tax and realised an inspection was due on 21 sep before the system allowed me to renew. Was abit shocked cos the direct owner told me he settled alr but apparently didn't.

Nonetheless, went for inspection on 18, failed (they give you 24hrs to come back again without any extra charges). On the 19, took leave and went to an exhaust shop to do smth to the car, then went back for the test at sin ming STA and passed and renewed road tax hahaha, stress.

• Praise 2

8 hours ago, Mkl22 said:

Will never go to those which find fault at every opportunity. Would rather burn more petrol to drive elsewhere than give them business. Anyway we have 3 inspections company to choose from. Vicom has been struck off my list forever. 
but their shares can buy. Seemed to have gone up some since this year. 

Only two companies in Singapore. JIC, AA are now own by Vicom group

• Praise 1

29 minutes ago, SiLangKia said:

haha quite steady, then after inspection did you change back?

Mine I went after work around 7pm I was like the only one there. The guy saw the LEDs just look at it but nvr do anything. The moment he go rev the engine for the exhaust test I hear alr I know GG

At that time last year, collected my secondhand car on 16 sep, wanted to renew road tax and realised an inspection was due on 21 sep before the system allowed me to renew. Was abit shocked cos the direct owner told me he settled alr but apparently didn't.

Nonetheless, went for inspection on 18, failed (they give you 24hrs to come back again without any extra charges). On the 19, took leave and went to an exhaust shop to do smth to the car, then went back for the test at sin ming STA and passed and renewed road tax hahaha, stress.

Like all enthusiats, revert to stock then revert back after inspection lol

• Praise 1

2 hours ago, Achtung said:

The most dangerous place is the safest. Guess where? Near LTA.

Not quite... I failed the exo which I had passed twice before at the same place...the third time they said failed and very fast LTA obicer arranged for scrutiny the next day...failed again but I contested with conviction...passed with conditions in the end.

I happy liked a bird and vroom vroom till the end of COE lifespan 

• Praise 2

Yeah, my car due first inspection in 6months,  Diesel car need to pay extra wor.

The wor part is ......... WHY IS ALL INSPECTION CENTRES PRICING EXACTLY THE SAME DOWN TO THE CTS ?  Hey, what about that simi Anti Competition Committee ??  Izzit this PRICE FIXING ??

Better fixit before I FIX the Garment....

• Praise 1

Bumping up this thread.

I am hearing stories among my acquaintances of fog lamps being turned on and checked for illegal bulbs, i.e. LED or HID bulbs during inspection. Those who installed illegal bulbs in their fog lamps failed the inspection.

Also, for those who taped up their illegal lights with black tape, the inspector removed the black tape during inspection.

Anyone encountered such nonsense as well?

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

(edited)
13 minutes ago, Beehive3783 said:

Bumping up this thread.

I am hearing stories among my acquaintances of fog lamps being turned on and checked for illegal bulbs, i.e. LED or HID bulbs during inspection. Those who installed illegal bulbs in their fog lamps failed the inspection.

Also, for those who taped up their illegal lights with black tape, the inspector removed the black tape during inspection.

If it is illegal, good for the centres to check and fail those cars. Last thing we want are idiots turning on their over blinding fog lights in Singapore for no good reasons. 

Edited by Volvobrick
  • Praise 4

Twincharged
(edited)
39 minutes ago, Beehive3783 said:

Bumping up this thread.

disconnect the fogs lor. or pull fuse.

Edited by Mkl22

Supersonic

cut the wire before inspection.

after inspection join back.

i think it's all a stupid show.

and don't go JIC. they love to find fault with lights

• Haha! 1

Supercharged

was pleasantly surprised to receive a call from a friendly LTA officer in response to my appealing of inspection failed due to exhaust cut/weld marks (i reasoned "but emissions & noise pass what").

he called the day after i submitted my appeal and patiently explained why passing the generic emissions & noise test in the inspection is not enough when there're signs of modifications, but he'll review STA's photos of the offending cut/weld marks and get the specific emissions & noise values for my specific model, then if my car's values are not too far off spec, then he can advise STA to pass me.

moral of the story: inspect early so can appeal to LTA if inspection fail (when you have case that it shouldn't)

Edited by Eyke
  • Praise 1

Welding on exos can do swee swee one of the exhaust shop willing to do. grind down the welds then just do a coat of black paint. Will be difficult to tell. Don't ask me how I know. 

Edited by Mockngbrd

Nowadays are the inspection centres strict on mild (but still technical fail) window tinting? Which STA/Vicom branches are stricter and which are more likely to pass you for it?

↡ Advertisement