LTA Vehicle Inspection

RadX

aiyah...if car stock wat to be scaat of... [laugh][laugh][laugh] I still prefer the ones at AMK st63..but today their system down

JIC...there quite ok..

↡ Advertisement

aiyah...if car stock wat to be scaat of... [laugh][laugh][laugh] I still prefer the ones at AMK st63..but today their system down

Not true bro. If they want to be nasty, one can be cited for the most silly "wear and tear" items.

And last time when my father's old Evo went to VICOM, they said the window tint (installed by dealer!) was too dark - and the joker proceeded to tear off the screen in front of my father without asking him! [mad] I guess he wanted to be "sure" that film was going to be taken off. But really low class behaviour.

Not true bro. If they want to be nasty, one can be cited for the most silly "wear and tear" items.

And last time when my father's old Evo went to VICOM, they said the window tint (installed by dealer!) was too dark - and the joker proceeded to tear off the screen in front of my father without asking him! [mad] I guess he wanted to be "sure" that film was going to be taken off. But really low class behaviour.

sheesh....totally unprofessional :angry:

Neutral Newbie

sorry i cna't create new topic, so jacking an old thread..

Will windscreen crack pass LTA check? Reason is my current insurance require to pay the access.

sorry i cna't create new topic, so jacking an old thread..

Will windscreen crack pass LTA check? Reason is my current insurance require to pay the access.

Why can't ppl be more specific? 1mm crack is also call crack.

If the crack is highly visible, just get it changed. I think the $107 is not a lot to pay for excess.

If small crack just get repaired. You can find the windscreen repairman in the sponsor's column.

Neutral Newbie

If the crack is highly visible, just get it changed. I think the $107 is not a lot to pay for excess.

If small crack just get repaired. You can find the windscreen repairman in the sponsor's column.

quite long, few inches but not visible coz is at the bottom

any place recommended to do the tint for windscreen only?

Supersonic

Get it repaired.

A few shops will teach you to repair first.

Then once your insurance is up, get one that cover windscreen damage and then replaced.

I highlight this sentence for you to read again. [rolleyes]

Neutral Newbie

Get it repaired.

Then once your insurance is up, get one that cover windscreen damage and then replaced.

wonder is it possible to repair.. thanks i will check with them

Neutral Newbie

Get it repaired.

wonder is it possible to repair.. thanks i will check with them

And last time when my father's old Evo went to VICOM, they said the window tint (installed by dealer!) was too dark - and the joker proceeded to tear off the screen in front of my father without asking him! mad.gif I guess he wanted to be "sure" that film was going to be taken off. But really low class behaviour.

I just came back from Kaki Bukit Vicom, the picanto in front of me had both his front windows' solar film torn out by the Vicom staff. But the driver and his wife was smiling and chatting while looking. Maybe they were the one that requested him to remove for them, hearsay some installer charge $50 for removal of existing solar film.

Turbocharged

I just came back from Kaki Bukit Vicom, the picanto in front of me had both his front windows' solar film torn out by the Vicom staff. But the driver and his wife was smiling and chatting while looking. Maybe they were the one that requested him to remove for them, hearsay some installer charge $50 for removal of existing solar film.

Lol. So the vicom staff tear for them for free?? Got see any sticky residue remain? If not, I might come here for the same service. Hahaha!!!

Lol. So the vicom staff tear for them for free?? Got see any sticky residue remain? If not, I might come here for the same service. Hahaha!!!

From a distance of about 2car length, it look pretty clean job done. Maybe depends on the quality of the existing film.

But there is a carton box right beside the certificate printer where they dumped all the removed films.

Turbocharged

if want to pass on the spot can tear out, but after that need to go film installer to remove the glue. Mine failed before by 10% for two rear and did the same thing. 

Most likely they get the inspector  to tear down FOC, next thing they drivve to the film installer to put back the exact same stuff a minimal charge.... last them another 2 years before doing the same or already changed car.

That is the cat and mouse game our brilliant LTA plays every single day ....

if want to pass on the spot can tear out, but after that need to go film installer to remove the glue. Mine failed before by 10% for two rear and did the same thing. 

This razor blade scraper will the remove film  and glue in no time.

post-272-0-02949900-1468559000.jpg

↡ Advertisement