LTA Vehicle Inspection

RadX

Most likely they get the inspector  to tear down FOC, next thing they drivve to the film installer to put back the exact same stuff a minimal charge.... last them another 2 years before doing the same or already changed car.

That is the cat and mouse game our brilliant LTA plays every single day ....

For my previous car, i drive to tint shop and get them to remove it.  After remove, inspection.  After inspection, install back tint.

↡ Advertisement

you could have skipped that first step. Tearing down the film not difficult even for noobs like me and if you only have the front driver and passenger windows to tear.

The inspector will not ask you why you have glue stain on your windows one.

the only situation I can think of is when your front windscreen is also not within legal specs, then probably best to get the shop to both remove and reinstall.

For my previous car, i drive to tint shop and get them to remove it.  After remove, inspection.  After inspection, install back tint.

you could have skipped that first step. Tearing down the film not difficult even for noobs like me and if you only have the front driver and passenger windows to tear.

The inspector will not ask you why you have glue stain on your windows one.

the only situation I can think of is when your front windscreen is also not within legal specs, then probably best to get the shop to both remove and reinstall.

Since inspection centre is 5 mins away from tint shop, why not get the pro to do it?

I forget my mini was also illegal with 50% light penetration.  I love this film as it reject 90% IR.

yeah... used to do that for my previous car... but too troublesome after a while, now old liao, mellow liao... I don't even have any film on my current car... :D

Since inspection centre is 5 mins away from tint shop, why not get the pro to do it?

I forget my mini was also illegal with 50% light penetration.  I love this film as it reject 90% IR.

You would have just buy those curtain net...nowaday, these net are made from higher quality material...would save you some money in long term.

Supercharged
The Straits Times understands that existing vehicles will be able to meet the heightened inspection standards as long as they are well maintained with proper and regularly servicing.

I think there is no guarantee.

what if the car still fail after following factory recommended maintenance schedule and dealers want $3k to overhaul engine in order to pass the heightened standards?

this will probably happen..

As vehicles get older, maintaining them to the required standards can become expensive. Most Japanese do not get involved in mechanical repairs, and as a result, mechanics can charge high prices. Vehicles which cannot pass inspection are not permitted on public roads. Unwanted vehicles must be exported or destroyed and recycled. Many Japanese used vehicles are exported once it is no longer cost-effective to keep them in service in Japan.

Translate into those on the fence about renewing COE will just go ahead to scrap and buy a new car.

COE premium how to go down? 

LTA scholars damn smart... What a sneaky way to get more bonus indirectly. 

Supercharged

For cars registered from 1st April 2014, the standards are even higher - a carbon monoxide composition of no more than 0.3 percent, and a hydrocarbon make-up of no more than 200ppm at an engine speed of 2,000rpm.

post-58053-0-03995000-1490149161.jpg

My Honda Stream in 2015. When for cleaning carbon.

The HC was 0 after cleaning.

CO was 0.01%.

So, the numbers given by LTA is do-able.

But maybe need to clear carbon once every 1-2 years.

• Praise 1

There is still Nox and PM levels to consider.....

attachicon.gifEngine waste gas.jpg

CO was 0.01%.

• Praise 1

Supercharged

There is still Nox and PM levels to consider.....

Yes!

I guess the machine will have to be upgraded to test for NOx and PM too.

attachicon.gifEngine waste gas.jpg

CO was 0.01%.

No need lah,just remain stock,no problem for inspection.

The Straits Times understands that existing vehicles will be able to meet the heightened inspection standards as long as they are well maintained with proper and regularly servicing.

I think there is no guarantee.

what if the car still fail after following factory recommended maintenance schedule and dealers want $3k to overhaul engine in order to pass the heightened standards?

this will probably happen..

As vehicles get older, maintaining them to the required standards can become expensive. Most Japanese do not get involved in mechanical repairs, and as a result, mechanics can charge high prices. Vehicles which cannot pass inspection are not permitted on public roads. Unwanted vehicles must be exported or destroyed and recycled. Many Japanese used vehicles are exported once it is no longer cost-effective to keep them in service in Japan.

No worries,as long as the "Cats" are in place,won't got problem.

Properly maintained car should be able to pass inspection. I forsee workshop/dealer going to play on customers' fear in order to sell them maintenance packages.

"Bro you sure you don't want to buy our maintenance package? Now vehicle inspection very stringent, you bring outside service later cannot pass inspection, you hoseh liao..... service with us we guarantee sure can pass inspection one!"

• Praise 2

Supercharged

No need lah,just remain stock,no problem for inspection.

No worries,as long as the "Cats" are in place,won't got problem.

I hope you are right.

I have no luck with inspection centers, last month my bone stock car failed the 5th year inspection because the front two windows film read 63% instead of minimum 70%. It's Huper Optik film installed by C&C.

3rd year inspection no problem, the inspection center guy said the film will darken over time. When I asked why the other 4 panels didn't get darker he couldn't answer. He asked me to tear the film at the car park nearby and he will let me pass.

I drove to the other inspection centre nearby and passed.

My bikes also face the same fate, every time I ride one for inspection, the inspection guy will call all the seniors out and they will surround my bike and ask the same questions they asked a year before... knn

my wife says it is not the vehicles, it is my guai lan face.

• Praise 1

in my opinion, only cars above 10 years need inspection this exclude commercial.

LTA spend more times conduction spot checks and issue inspection notices to those failing min standard regardless they are registered here or not.

does this mean cars older than 2001 are more wu hua? 

since they are excluded from this stringent LTA inspection.

cars 2001 onwards are bo hua to renew? since old-enough but yet have to meet these stringent standards.

I hope you are right.

I have no luck with inspection centers, last month my bone stock car failed the 5th year inspection because the front two windows film read 63% instead of minimum 70%. It's Huper Optik film installed by C&C.

3rd year inspection no problem, the inspection center guy said the film will darken over time. When I asked why the other 4 panels didn't get darker he couldn't answer. He asked me to tear the film at the car park nearby and he will let me pass.

I drove to the other inspection centre nearby and passed.

My bikes also face the same fate, every time I ride one for inspection, the inspection guy will call all the seniors out and they will surround my bike and ask the same questions they asked a year before... knn

my wife says it is not the vehicles, it is my guai lan face.

hahahhahahaa........the face and the car combined....bro relac la...

which inspection center u go? STA shld be np one le...the one at boon lay and amk so far ok..pass 1 time!

↡ Advertisement