Darren Ng friends turn aggresive to reporters.

Jeo01

the media got all the right in the world to take pictures or videos of juicy news. The juicier the better. I dont blame them even when the media tailed me from sub-court all the way into the underground mrt just to take a picture of me to splash all across Singapore when i was much much younger.

↡ Advertisement

agree with you bro this is not exactly ethical... but what to do... the demand for follow up is there.

what i take issue is that people are showing too much empathit hy and sympathy IMHO because the boy was no angel and he evidently provoked them multiple times

Demand from who? One of the most respectable things about Singapore media is that they report facts. What is aim of the coverage but generate emotion and sensationalism, and with luck, make more of a story - and luck was on their side. Due mostly to their provocation they got a "bigger and better" story out of it.

Any empathy and sympathy shown for Darren is a separate and distinct matter from the conduct of the "journalists" (or should I say paparazzi) that has been shown. It doesn't matter if Darren had been a "pure as the driven snow presidents scholar" or a "habitual criminal that had provoked 97 riots" it has no effect on the rightousness of filming the families grief at the funeral / wake - it is and will always be cheap sensationalism.

FAIR??!??!?!?!!? FAIR?!??!?!??!?!?!?!

Someone's SON DIED AND YOU TALK ABOUT FOOTAGE BEING FAIR FOR A VIDEO TO BE MADE OUT OF IT.

I am only holding back because I respect you for your age Sir.

bro i meant fair in another sense not that kind of fair. i meant it in the reasonable way not the fair quality kind of way :wacko:

i meant it as in enough, adequate

Edited by Cerano

Demand from who? One of the most respectable things about Singapore media is that they report facts. What is aim of the coverage but generate emotion and sensationalism, and with luck, make more of a story - and luck was on their side. Due mostly to their provocation they got a "bigger and better" story out of it.

Any empathy and sympathy shown for Darren is a separate and distinct matter from the conduct of the "journalists" (or should I say paparazzi) that has been shown. It doesn't matter if Darren had been a "pure as the driven snow presidents scholar" or a "habitual criminal that had provoked 97 riots" it has no effect on the rightousness of filming the families grief at the funeral / wake - it is and will always be cheap sensationalism.

i dont know im not part of the demand :blink:

yes i agree with your point on the need for objectivity

It doesnt matter whether the boy was an angel or whether he provoked the aggressor multiple times. He didn't deserve to die for that.

What that matters now is that the boy, angel or not, is or was someone's child. A father's griefing for his son becomes entertainment news for others. When people have their 2 minutes of fun watching the vid and satisfying their curiosity, the father is still griefing.

I am really surprise that so many people think its morally OKAY for the press to film all that. If this is the kind of society we are living in, I really need to start thinking if this is the type of society i want my daughter to grow up in.

+3

It needs to be said again folks, the slashing, court case and result are the news.

A family at a wake after losing a son is not, and never should be, news. It is just a cheap intrusion into a families private time for the cheap entertainment of the nosey masses. It is certainly news that we can do without.

It's sad enough that the father has to send off his son....for it to become entertainment news sensation to the public...I think it's just downright insensitive.

I was surprised they film the sending off...and even more surprised that they did not stop filming after request by the family/friends.

everytime a junk dies, pple will come out and say how nice a boy or chap he is. And they will say no one deserve to die. Look, if this chap dont die today, he will cause someone to die another day. Its just a matter of time. Some people dont belong to this society. If u go to prisons, there are pple who really fit in there. Once they come out, they will go around slashing pple, raping girls etc. then u will be grateful of how good the justice is to imprison these junks. We were all young. You can join the gangs, go around robbing, beating up pple but once u kill, thats the end of the road. In singapore there are no 2nd chance for all mistakes.

A more appropriate title for the video should read...

"MEDIA TURNED DEAF EAR TO MOURNING FAMILY AND FRIENDS TO LEAVE THEM ALONE AND CONTINUE TO FILM A SORROWFUL FUNERAL PROGRESSION, AFTERWHICH MAKING A SENSATIONALIZED VIDEO WITH EYE CATCHING TITLE FOR THE MASSES"

everytime a junk dies, pple will come out and say how nice a boy or chap he is. And they will say no one deserve to die. Look, if this chap dont die today, he will cause someone to die another day. Its just a matter of time. Some people dont belong to this society. If u go to prisons, there are pple who really fit in there. Once they come out, they will go around slashing pple, raping girls etc. then u will be grateful of how good the justice is to imprison these junks. We were all young. You can join the gangs, go around robbing, beating up pple but once u kill, thats the end of the road. In singapore there are no 2nd chance for all mistakes.

kinda ironic coming from a "piakia"

"MEDIA TURNED DEAF EAR TO MOURNING FAMILY AND FRIENDS TO LEAVE THEM ALONE AND CONTINUE TO FILM A SORROWFUL FUNERAL PROGRESSION, AFTERWHICH MAKING A SENSATIONALIZED VIDEO WITH EYE CATCHING TITLE FOR THE MASSES"

Well, that's how Razor works I guess...The fact that they choose to use the words they use in the Video description to only confirms what they wanted to achieve by taking this video: Sensationalism

The "I'm-Press-and-I-have-the-right-to-film-whatever-I-want" type of inflated sense of self-entitlement disgusts me..

deceased family has the right to request no filming.

TV crew has the right not to acknowledge it......its that simple.

No right or wrong. This is the society we live in -_-

Well, that's how Razor works I guess...The fact that they choose to use the words they use in the Video description to only confirms what they wanted to achieve by taking this video: Sensationalism

The "I'm-Press-and-I-have-the-right-to-film-whatever-I-want" type of inflated sense of self-entitlement disgusts me..

Heaven is watching

watch this, got live reporter commentary some more, i think its the same in every country, once its news, everyone wanna be the first to film it.

deceased family has the right to request no filming.

TV crew has the right not to acknowledge it......its that simple.

No right or wrong. This is the society we live in -_-

Yeah I guess that is Singapore for you, where right and wrong is equated to legal and illegal.

So long as it's legal it must be right

If it's illegal it must be wrong.

Quite naturally when we are all so pragmatic and focussed on success morals have nothing to do with it....

Neutral Newbie

I only know Razor TV from the Ris low saga

I am studying tourism and horse-pee-telly-tee and i love leopard prings

Supercharged

somehow after viewing all the clips, emotionally-unsettled friends could hv settle this in a more amiable manner. in fact, right fm the start, they shd know that the funeral procession would hv attracted the media given the nature of the event n prepare themselves for it. if their request to stop filming is not met, couldn't they hv think of other ways. if there's no alternatives, just walk away instead of turning the procession into a event that reeks of negative publicity but all they did was to add fuel to the fire.

somehow after viewing all the clips, emotionally-unsettled friends could hv settle this in a more amiable manner. in fact, right fm the start, they shd know that the funeral procession would hv attracted the media given the nature of the event n prepare themselves for it. if their request to stop filming is not met, couldn't they hv think of other ways. if there's no alternatives, just walk away instead of turning the procession into a event that reeks of negative publicity but all they did was to add fuel to the fire.

狗改不了吃屎

eh...the family are the ones emotionally involved that are experiencing this for the first time, and you expect them to be the one's to comport themselves with more forethought than the media, who should already have standards and experience in such situations?

↡ Advertisement