Darren Ng friends turn aggresive to reporters.

Jeo01

Yeah I guess that is Singapore for you, where right and wrong is equated to legal and illegal.

So long as it's legal it must be right

If it's illegal it must be wrong.

Quite naturally when we are all so pragmatic and focussed on success morals have nothing to do with it....

This is one of those times I am absolutely not proud to be a Singaporean.

↡ Advertisement

eh...the family are the ones emotionally involved that are experiencing this for the first time, and you expect them to be the one's to comport themselves with more forethought than the media, who should already have standards and experience in such situations?

Agreed.

How different would it have been if the ones confronting the camera crews where Darren's (older) relatives? I believe they would have been more, if not as equally emotionally charged as his friends. Would Razor really have readily acceded to their request or would they simply behave the same way as they did with his friends?

Somehow I guess to them, "Darren Ng's friends turn aggressive to reporters" sells better than "Darren Ng's relatives turn aggressive to reporters"..

55 thousand views..I guess they have achieved their objectives.. Well done to the Razor Crew

Supercharged

eh...the family are the ones emotionally involved that are experiencing this for the first time, and you expect them to be the one's to comport themselves with more forethought than the media, who should already have standards and experience in such situations?

as i said, one can choose how to handle it such situation. just think over, if their requests are not met, they could choose to walk way instead of blowing the whole event out of proportion.

having said that, this kind of "staring incident" where there's casualty are nothing new to our shores. however, what makes it stand out is that it happened in a popular place.

ask those who hv experienced similar situations and how they came out of it alive and they might have a variety of responses. but it always boils down to whether which is more important "ego or life".

Finally someone with good sense...

The rest of replying to this thread (majority) are either (1) insensitive and dumb (2) insensitive and mean (3) Mean and dumb (4) plain mean (5) insensitive (6) kids

and there are also 7)MEN replying in this thread. like thargor :D

Neutral Newbie

At their age. They now only talk abt 仪气. To them their died fren very hero alrd. Bcos darren dare to fight with the grp empty handed while the opposite grp got weapons. If u talk to darren fren, they will said their fren darren dare to do it u dare anot?

Neutral Newbie

At their age. They now only talk abt 仪气. To them their died fren very hero alrd. Bcos darren dare to fight with the grp empty handed while the opposite grp got weapons. If u talk to darren fren, they will said their fren darren dare to do it u dare anot?

I will go learn wing chun....and come back say give me 10 person to fight with.

Neutral Newbie

Legal rights is not everything.

I beg to differ, Legal rights IS EVERYTHING.

Given the situation and the emotional setting, I tend to feel for Darren Ng's friends and family.

The media has their rights as to do their filming @ the scene provided if they do not obstruct the entire process in anyway. This is their rights, albeit the freedom of free media which we have always yearned for. Basically, thats their job, to pry.

On the flip side, it will obviously invoke criticism and angst amongst the friends and family of the deceased. Understandable..

Given the situation, in the shoes of his friends, I would do it differently.

Root of the problem, are the cameras(in use). The crew's equipments are insured. Probably, Id get someone to accidentally push me, or trip me, and I would accidentally, knock into the cameraman, causing the bulky camera to accidentally drop and damage. Say sorry, and apologise as it was an 'ACCIDENT". Problem solved.

Neutral Newbie

Yeah I guess that is Singapore for you, where right and wrong is equated to legal and illegal.

So long as it's legal it must be right

If it's illegal it must be wrong.

Quite naturally when we are all so pragmatic and focussed on success morals have nothing to do with it....

well, if just let them flim than it will just appear like a god dame normal hearse which Nobody will care about and forget..no news.

+3

It needs to be said again folks, the slashing, court case and result are the news.

A family at a wake after losing a son is not, and never should be, news. It is just a cheap intrusion into a families private time for the cheap entertainment of the nosey masses. It is certainly news that we can do without.

I totally agree with you...

What is there to film or report at the funeral?

This is just downright insensitive and the producer or editor who wanted this story is asking to be shot [mad]

I believe the reporters should let the family mourn in peace without any disturbance. I for one have no interest in seeing family members crying on national TV. Let the family do what they should do. Nohing interesting to watch a funeral procession.

Nothing news worthy. The reports are being disrespectful and insensitive. If those friends had not stopped them i think they will film nearer and interview the sad family. Asking stupid questions like how ur all feel....etc.

A funeral should not be made into a circus.

So i see nothing wrong with his friends actions.

Edited by Songsong