STUPID RT and ICT

Jeo01

Neutral Newbie

[laugh] [laugh] [laugh] the one that replied to you earlier on, TerenceLeo is my buddy during BFSC (August - Nov 04). Yes!!! I do remember the pains and gains of CPFT! Freaking scary man when thinking about it. Sends shivers right down to the spine. The 5click SBO runs you mentioned was a part of requirement and apart from that, the SOC was super siong plus timing....

Eh bro, looking at the past and present now as an NSman, it is a vast difference to compare oneself during those days to now. we can't imagine how fit we were last time, enduring to the limits of oneself and to measure our fitness level now and then, woah, was that me doing 20 chin ups??? [bounce2] CHEY x 03. looks like we have to turn back the hourglass [thumbsup]

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

Met the so-called Monkey God during our life-guard refresher course.

He was our junior I believe bec he was quite respectful & called us "qian beis" hehe

Sorry the other names you metioned did not ring a bell.

Our CI was Shepardson, CC was Nachi & other instructors were Jasmori, Bala, Vincent (understand he was at Maju until recently), ronald wee, steven & lam.

Ours was the 2nd or 3rd last batch of 4-month course.

As far as i know of, (if im not mistaken)

Shepardson, prolly an Eurasian Legend??? Nachi, never heard abt him before, Jasmori and Bala are School Chief PTIs in Tekong and SISPEC, Ronald Wee is the big boss (all PTIs under him), Steven is 2IC SISPEC/ OC Armour??? Lam also 2IC in school??? cant remember liao..... Now MAJU OC is Tan "the BODY" Soon Seng and 2IC is "Ah pek" Alick Ong...hehehe funny nia. [laugh]

[laugh] [laugh] [laugh] the one that replied to you earlier on, TerenceLeo is my buddy during BFSC (August - Nov 04). Yes!!! I do remember the pains and gains of CPFT! Freaking scary man when thinking about it. Sends shivers right down to the spine. The 5click SBO runs you mentioned was a part of requirement and apart from that, the SOC was super siong plus timing....

Eh bro, looking at the past and present now as an NSman, it is a vast difference to compare oneself during those days to now. we can't imagine how fit we were last time, enduring to the limits of oneself and to measure our fitness level now and then, woah, was that me doing 20 chin ups??? [bounce2] CHEY x 03. looks like we have to turn back the hourglass [thumbsup]

great that you still keep in touch with your buddy [thumbsup]

my own buddy, fr bmt, safincos (now you guys known as sispec is it?), pti course, ntu roommate/classmate now don't where liao....???

cpft "siongness" aside, i remembered most was the abrasions caused by no. 4s onto our skins: inner tighs & shoulder blades. saw the bloody raw skin on my bunkmate's back after our 1st run back in bunk & was speechless... many of us ended up sleeping prone position for the next few days...

the oc then, issac benjamin, mentioned that many of our predecessors failed the 5km sbo run so in the end they decided to scrap the test but maintain it as a course requirement. the original timing was 25min right? tried & passed by a whisker!

soc? machiam chicken feet when compared to cpft imho haha... still a bitch after you had to clear so many rounds until "cannot recognise home"...

ya cannot agree more on the fitness part. during nsf time, our ippt standard same same as divers/cdos/guards & was very proud to get full 25 pts & $$$ awards initially. rod liao fitness dropped like hell & the last ippt of my lifetime i managed to pass oni...

Neutral Newbie

great that you still keep in touch with your buddy [thumbsup]

my own buddy, fr bmt, safincos (now you guys known as sispec is it?), pti course, ntu roommate/classmate now don't where liao....???

cpft "siongness" aside, i remembered most was the abrasions caused by no. 4s onto our skins: inner tighs & shoulder blades. saw the bloody raw skin on my bunkmate's back after our 1st run back in bunk & was speechless... many of us ended up sleeping prone position for the next few days...

the oc then, issac benjamin, mentioned that many of our predecessors failed the 5km sbo run so in the end they decided to scrap the test but maintain it as a course requirement. the original timing was 25min right? tried & passed by a whisker!

soc? machiam chicken feet when compared to cpft imho haha... still a bitch after you had to clear so many rounds until "cannot recognise home"...

ya cannot agree more on the fitness part. during nsf time, our ippt standard same same as divers/cdos/guards & was very proud to get full 25 pts & $$$ awards initially. rod liao fitness dropped like hell & the last ippt of my lifetime i managed to pass oni...

We are heading to the same direction too aren't we? [bigcry] at least you've ROD!!!! We still have about 3 HKs and 2 LKs to kao thim!

As far as i know of, (if im not mistaken)

Shepardson, prolly an Eurasian Legend??? Nachi, never heard abt him before, Jasmori and Bala are School Chief PTIs in Tekong and SISPEC, Ronald Wee is the big boss (all PTIs under him), Steven is 2IC SISPEC/ OC Armour??? Lam also 2IC in school??? cant remember liao..... Now MAJU OC is Tan "the BODY" Soon Seng and 2IC is "Ah pek" Alick Ong...hehehe funny nia. [laugh]

our nick for jasmori was ROBOCOP bec of his muscleman physique & his cool look [cool]

ronald wee was quite funny & cracked quite a few jokes during our time.

steven was no-nonsense though & serious most of them. he was not strict on us though.

lam was the youngest among them & was quite nice to us throughout. dam fit also.

ronald wee, steven & vincent love squash to death & they always gathered to play it after work.

so they are now up there huh?

sorry to hear later they no longer want to have the pti voctaion...

We are heading to the same direction too aren't we? [bigcry] at least you've ROD!!!! We still have about 3 HKs and 2 LKs to kao thim!

you will reach there bro.

i was looking forward to this day that i no longer have to pay attention to any mob.

i reported to an open mob during the 2nd day of my daughter's birth bec i could not reach anyone in the unit.

luckily my oc excused me when i reported to camp & i left immediately after signing out...

like many bros out there, i think we did our best & now it is time for the others to shoulder on...

keep the faith bro..

Neutral Newbie

our nick for jasmori was ROBOCOP bec of his muscleman physique & his cool look [cool]

ronald wee was quite funny & cracked quite a few jokes during our time.

steven was no-nonsense though & serious most of them. he was not strict on us though.

lam was the youngest among them & was quite nice to us throughout. dam fit also.

ronald wee, steven & vincent love squash to death & they always gathered to play it after work.

so they are now up there huh?

sorry to hear later they no longer want to have the pti voctaion...

Thats not likely to happen in at least 5 years.....i've got direct info from an "insider" just months ago. They still need the FSs to conduct training in aspects of IPPT, SOC, HCOC, AOC, RT, IPT and etc, etc..... only that, they will most likely to engage external trainers to conduct training in the newly build Kranji Camp for all SAF, SPF an SCDF NS personnel. Even before I ORD in 2006, these rumors have been speculating around back then.

well, I totally agree with you. Jasmori is one damn fit MF [grin] !!!

Call FCC to defer my rt because it clash with my reservist. FCC say not their problem. Say call unit. Call unit say not their problem. CCB. I WANT TO SERVE THE NATION ALSO SO TROUBLESOME!!!

Does any bro here know who is the actual party to call?

dun blame them, ur supposed to plan ur RT without clashing with ur ICT.

ur given times to book ur RT why wait until ur ICT time? want to plan with the most block-off dates isit [:p]

FYI, Call ur Unit, talk to ur chief clerk, if he/she good mood he will wave it off or postpone. if not u will have to postpone/re-book ur RT.

taichi masters at work. jus don go to rt. go for ur ict. then when they wanna charge u for not attending rt, jus produce ur ict attendance.

still can be charged, coz ur supposed to arranged it without clashing with ur ICT

My bday in oct mah....so after oct than can book rt....and i am only given one date to choose from

u have to log in to NS portal to check, they will release more dates .

ur 1st time RT isit ?

I just went for ICT and the S3 said that those people with clashes should attend RT after book out. He said no excuses but then we did not have to stay in most of the ICT. Suggest u talk to your unit CO etc.

Thats not likely to happen in at least 5 years.....i've got direct info from an "insider" just months ago. They still need the FSs to conduct training in aspects of IPPT, SOC, HCOC, AOC, RT, IPT and etc, etc..... only that, they will most likely to engage external trainers to conduct training in the newly build Kranji Camp for all SAF, SPF an SCDF NS personnel. Even before I ORD in 2006, these rumors have been speculating around back then.

well, I totally agree with you. Jasmori is one damn fit MF [grin] !!!

Given the prevailing outsource mentality nowadays, there will be a day they will pay outsiders to take over from folks like us totally.

Those regulars really had it tough...

By then, the term PTI will be be a historic term...

Jasmori even talks like one, devoid of emotion haha but he was a nice guy basically & never takan us throughout our course.

We were, however, had a "wonderful" unarmed combat training under one black belt lcp ng. Our knuckles were all bloody after the first session...

Guess the title of unarmed combat auxiliary instructor was not easy to earn after all....

Edited by Vulcann