Forester enquiry - turbo edition (2.0XT, 2.5T, 2.5XT).

Vhtfhwlego

I notice that there is 2 models of Forester in sgcarmart for sale.

2.0XT, 2.5T & 2.5XT.

Between these 3 models, what are the main difference.

2.0XT last models in 2005

2.5T as early as 2005~2007

2.5XT 2008 onwards.

Is the 2.5T as good as 2.5XT?

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged

I notice that there is 2 models of Forester in sgcarmart for sale.

2.0XT, 2.5T & 2.5XT.

Between these 3 models, what are the main difference.

2.0XT last models in 2005

2.5T as early as 2005~2007

2.5XT 2008 onwards.

Is the 2.5T as good as 2.5XT?

different facelift lor. from 2008 onwards the forester cabin size was enlarged n design to complete with likes of CRV, RAV4, etc. previously the forester is more of a stationwagon.

Other than the physicall size which you can see for yourself which need no explaination, take note those taller model will have more body roll. [:p]

For 2.0XT before 2006 they are not electronic throttle control, mean easy to mod or in another word also cheaper.

those e-throttle type on the other hand is more fuel efficient on paper, but with a heavier body its will be about the same [;)] but if you into buying a turbobrick you should not be looking at fuel economy also :D

Personally I driving a 2.0xt is for tax reason and I don't need cabin size. [:)]

Neutral Newbie

Mine a 2.5XT (11 month old) ride giving me 8.5km/l.

I think is fine, cos my last ride a non turbo Airtrek 2.0L

aready giving me 8.8km/l.

Turbocharged

I am having 7.3km/l for my current ride.

So FC should be around the same right?

heavy footed i think 6.5-7km/L there about

Neutral Newbie

I am driving a 5 year-old 2.0XT in stock condition. I have already clocked 120k + kilometres due to conatant travelling to West M'sia. I have been faithfully sending my frosty to Motorimage for regular maintenance. However, the maintenance cost is really very high. My last 4 maintenance cost me between $1,200 to $3000+ each time. Change this and that.

Anyone has similar experience or has an alternative trustworthy workshop to maintain a 5-year old Frosty 2.0xt at a reasonable price?

I am driving a 5 year-old 2.0XT in stock condition. I have already clocked 120k + kilometres due to conatant travelling to West M'sia. I have been faithfully sending my frosty to Motorimage for regular maintenance. However, the maintenance cost is really very high. My last 4 maintenance cost me between $1,200 to $3000+ each time. Change this and that.

Anyone has similar experience or has an alternative trustworthy workshop to maintain a 5-year old Frosty 2.0xt at a reasonable price?

What? 5 year old and your last 4 regular maintenance prices is between $1.2k to $3k?

Pardon my ignorance but isn't that very expensive? and may I ask how many km then need to do serviceing? 5k or 10k?

Thanks!

↡ Advertisement