F1 2010 team order

Balacam

Neutral Newbie

Alonso won the German Hockenheimring race as a result of team order to Massa.

It would be interesting to see whether Red Bull would issue similar team order in Abu Dhabi race, if the position were to be Vettel 1st, Webber 2nd, and Alonso 3rd in the final stages of the race.

If Red Bull issue similiar kind of team order to Vettel, then Webber would win the drivers championship.

If there is no team order, then Alonso would win the drivers championship even though Red Bull can achieve 1 and 2.

↡ Advertisement

Weber crash with Alonso, Vettel win.

Vettel crash with Alonso, Weber win.

Weber, Alonso and Vettel all crash out, Hamilton win by 1 point!

Weber, Alonso and Vettel all crash out, Hamilton win by 1 point!

That would be a crazy scenario, my friend...Singapore Pools is 1 to 300 for HAM being WDC 2010...

Alonso won the German Hockenheimring race as a result of team order to Massa.

It would be interesting to see whether Red Bull would issue similar team order in Abu Dhabi race, if the position were to be Vettel 1st, Webber 2nd, and Alonso 3rd in the final stages of the race.

If Red Bull issue similiar kind of team order to Vettel, then Webber would win the drivers championship.

If there is no team order, then Alonso would win the drivers championship even though Red Bull can achieve 1 and 2.

It was a similar scenario that Horner faced during the Brazilian Grand Prix but he choose not to implement team orders...Not because of fairness, I suspect, but to let VET have his chance..*cough* Helmut Marko *cough*

I wonder if WEB and VET's roles were switched (i.e. WEB score is 231, VET score is 238), what would RBR do? They seem to want to do another Mclaren 2007...

Either way, Fernando still has the most to gain in most scenarios..

That would be a crazy scenario, my friend...Singapore Pools is 1 to 300 for HAM being WDC 2010...

Hmm... thanks. I will bet $1 for Hamilton to win.

If I am not wrong, Kimi also needs a mini miracle to win and he did. So, for the top 3 to DNF is possible, although not high.

Hmm... thanks. I will bet $1 for Hamilton to win.

If I am not wrong, Kimi also needs a mini miracle to win and he did. So, for the top 3 to DNF is possible, although not high.

Minimum bet gor kor.

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

It was a similar scenario that Horner faced during the Brazilian Grand Prix but he choose not to implement team orders...Not because of fairness, I suspect, but to let VET have his chance..*cough* Helmut Marko *cough*

Horner is quoted by Autosport. "And of course if they find themselves in a situation where one, because he cannot win, needs to help the other then of course I can only imagine that they will do that. But it will have to be a driver decision."

Actually Horner did a smart move by officially delcaring no team order upfront so that nobody can penalize Red Bull for whatever happen after that.

Ferrari were penalized.

Edited by Balacam

Red Bull came out and lambast what Ferrari did (team orders).

If they do give team orders at Abu, hypocrite?

Then again, everything's at stake. After so many races, everything boils down to a decision.

Horner is quoted by Autosport. "And of course if they find themselves in a situation where one, because he cannot win, needs to help the other then of course I can only imagine that they will do that. But it will have to be a driver decision."

Actually Horner did a smart move by officially delcaring no team order upfront and nobody can penalize Red Bull for whatever happen after that.

Ferrari were penalized.

Well, I dunno man...IF no orders were issued and the scenario you transcribe is fulfiled in ABU, will VET be WILLING to move out of the way, on his own accord, for his team-mate?

1) If VET P1, WEB P2 and ALO P3, then game over for RBR

2) If VET P1, WEB P2 and ALO DNF, then WEB = WDC (Both scores 256 points but WEB has 1 more win than VET)

3) If WEB P1, VET P2 and ALO P3, then WEB = WDC but VET gets pushed to 3rd..

let's not speculate too much.. we'll know on sunday.. [laugh]

Correcto, although the suspense is killing me. This is very exciting (notwithstanding the fact that F1 is basically one big circus).

Neutral Newbie

1) If VET P1, WEB P2 and ALO P3, then game over for RBR

2) If VET P1, WEB P2 and ALO DNF, then WEB = WDC (Both scores 256 points but WEB has 1 more win than VET)

3) If WEB P1, VET P2 and ALO P3, then WEB = WDC but VET gets pushed to 3rd..

2) If VET P1, WEB P2 and ALO DNF, then VET = WDC (Both scores 256 points but VET 5 wins has 1 more win than WEB 4 wins )

3) If WEB P1, VET P2 and ALO P3, then WEB = WDC but VET gets pushed to 3rd..(VET make way for WEB because unofficially, VET is being "ordered" to do so and he might do it)

From http://en.espnf1.com/redbull/motorsport/story/33417.html

When asked in the post-race press conference if he would make way for Webber, Vettel refused to answer.

"It's one week away," he said. "As a kid, I never liked it when my parents teased me for something and didn't answer my question, so now I'm in a good position to tease you, so you will see."

Some possible scenarios.

1) Last lap. Vettel gives 1st place to Webber. Alonso in 3rd. Two corners to go. Alonso suffers engine failure. Webber crosses the line in first and gets the WDC. Vettel curses his luck for giving up place when he could have been WDC had he not.

2) Alonso makes deal with Vettel before race, actually more like a threat.

FA: If you give up your place to Webber, I'll enter the pitlane on the last lap and finish outside of 3rd. In doing so, you would lose the win and the WDC. So let's do this. Take the win and let me have my WDC. Both ways we win!

Both scenarios drafted by the writers in PF1 forum. Now based on this, i can't see how Vettel would ever give up first place. At least, he'll be sure he ends up with something.